The Order Ophiurida is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Suborder (1): Gnathophiurina
- Family (7): Amphilepididae · Amphiuridae · Ophiactidae · Ophiochitonidae · Ophiolepididae · Ophiothricidae · Ophiotrichidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1,423 species and subspecies in the Order Ophiurida.
Amphilepididae are a small family of brittle stars of the suborder Gnathophiurina. It contains one genus (Amphilepis) and the following species: [more]
Amphiuridae (commonly called long-armed burrowing brittle stars or burrowing brittle stars) are a large family of brittle stars of the suborder Gnathophiurina. Some species are used to study echinoderm development (e.g. and Amphioplus abditus) and bioluminescence (the dwarf brittle star, Amphipholis squamata). [more]
Ophiactidae are a family of brittle stars. It includes the following genera: [more]
Ophiothricidae are a family of ophiurid brittle stars within the infraorder Gnathophiurina. [more]
At least 129 species and subspecies belong to the Family Ophiotrichidae.
More info about the Family Ophiotrichidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.