The Family Mosasauridae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (13): Carinodens · Clidastes · Edestosaurus · Globidens · Hainosaurus · Holosaurus · Leiodon · Mosasaur · Mosasaurus · Platecarpus · Plioplatecarpus · Plotosaurus · Prognathodon
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 38 species and subspecies in the Family Mosasauridae.
Carinodens is an genus of mosasaur, being approximately 3.5 meters in length it is one of the smallest known. It is widely considered a sister taxon to Globidens. It also had round, blunt teeth for crushing primitive clams and oysters. [more]
Plioplatecarpus is a genus of mosasaur lizard. Like all mosasaurs, it lived in the late Cretaceous period, about 83.5 million years ago. [more]
At least 4 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Prognathodon.
More info about the Genus Prognathodon may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.