A mainly extinct class of molluscs with a shell like a limpet, the living forms (e.g. Neopilina) being known only from the deep-sea bed.
The Class Monoplacophora is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Order (4): Cyrtonellida · Monoplacophorida · Tryblidiida · Tryblidioidea
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 106 species and subspecies in the Class Monoplacophora.
The Tryblidiida are a group of monoplacophora containing the only extant representatives: a total of 29 species are alive today, inhabiting the ocean at depths of between 175 and 6500 metres (531.34 and 21,325.5 feet). [more]
At least 4 species and subspecies belong to the Order Tryblidioidea.
More info about the Order Tryblidioidea may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.