The Order Mesogastropoda is a member of the Class Gastropoda. Here is the complete "parentage" of Mesogastropoda:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Order Mesogastropoda is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (14): Ampullaridae · Aporrhaiidae · Batillaridae · Cochlostomatidae · Cymatiidae · Diastomidae · Eumetulidae · Liareidae · Littorinididae · Pomatiasidae · Poteridae · Poteriidae · Stiliferidae · Trichotropidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 303 species and subspecies in the Order Mesogastropoda.
Liareinae is a taxonomic subfamily of small land snails, terrestrial pulmonate gastropod molluscs in the family Pupinidae. [more]
Neocyclotidae is a family of tropical land snails with gills and an operculum, terrestrial gastropod mollusks in the informal group Architaenioglossa belonging to the clade Caenogastropoda (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005). [more]
Eulimidae is a family of very small parasitic sea snails, marine gastropod mollusks in the superfamily Eulimoidea. [more]
At least 18 species and subspecies belong to the Family Trichotropidae.
More info about the Family Trichotropidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.