A Family in the Kingdom Animalia.
The Family Megascolecidae is a member of the Superfamily Megascolecoidea. Here is the complete "parentage" of Megascolecidae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Protostomia Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Family Megascolecidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (20): Amynthas · Arctiostrotus · Celeriella · Chilota · Cryptodrilus · Driloleirus · Graliophilus · Heteroporodrilus · Hypolimnus · Lampito · Megascolides · Metaphire · Notoscolex · Perichaeta · Perionychella · Perionyx · Pheretima · Pithemera · Toutellus · Yagansia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 194 species and subspecies in the Family Megascolecidae.
Amynthas is a genus of earthworms in the family Megascolecidae. [more]
Driloleirus is a genus of in the Megascolecidae family. It contains the following species: [more]
Hypolimnus is a genus of in the Megascolecidae family. It contains the following species: [more]
Pheretima is a genus of earthworms found mostly in New Guinea and parts of Southeast Asia. [more]
At least 7 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Yagansia.
More info about the Genus Yagansia may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.