The Family Megalobulimidae is a member of the Superfamily Strophocheilacea. Here is the complete "parentage" of Megalobulimidae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Family Megalobulimidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (2): Megalobulimus · Microborus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 57 species and subspecies in the Family Megalobulimidae.
Megalobulimus is a genus of air-breathing land snail, a terrestrial gastropod mollusk in the subfamily within the family Strophocheilidae (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005). [more]
At least 11 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Microborus.
More info about the Genus Microborus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.