Margaretamys is a genus of rodent in the family Muridae. It contains the following species:
- Beccari's Margareta Rat (Margaretamys beccarii)
- Elegant Margareta Rat (Margaretamys elegans)
- Little Margareta Rat (Margaretamys parvus)
- Musser, Guy G.; Carleton, Michael D. (16 November 2005). "Superfamily Muroidea (pp. 894-1531)". In Wilson, Don E., and Reeder, DeeAnn M., eds. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference (3rd ed.). Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2 vols. (2142 pp.). ISBN 978-0-8018-8221-0. OCLC 62265494. http://www.bucknell.edu/msw3.
The Genus Margaretamys is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 3 species and subspecies in the Genus Margaretamys: M. beccarii (Spiny Lowland Margaretamys) · M. elegans (Elegant Margareta Rat) · M. parvus (Little Margareta Rat)
- Musser, G. G. and M. D. Carleton. 2005. Superfamily Muroidea. Pp. 894-1531 in Mammal Species of the World a Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. D. E. Wilson and D. M. Reeder eds. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.