The Family Madtsoiidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (7): Alamitophis · Herensugea · Madtsoia · Patagoniophis · Rionegrophis · Wonambi · Yurlunggur
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 12 species and subspecies in the Family Madtsoiidae.
Wonambi is a genus that consisted of two species of very large snakes. These species were not pythons, like Australia's other large constrictors of the genus Morelia, and are now a member of an extinct family Madtsoiidae. This genus was a part of the extinct megafauna of Australia. [more]
More info about the Genus Yurlunggur may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.