A taxonomic subclass.
The Subclass Hoplocarida is a member of the Class Malacostraca. Here is the complete "parentage" of Hoplocarida:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Protostomia
Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - ecdysozoans
- Branch: Protostomia Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Subclass Hoplocarida is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (15): Bathysquillidae · Coronididae · Eurysquillidae · Gonodactylidae · Harpiosquillidae · Hemisquillidae · Indosquillidae · Lysiosquillidae · Nannosquillidae · Odontodactylidae · Parasquillidae · Protosquillidae · Pseudosquillidae · Squillidae · Tetrasquillidae
Eurysquillidae is a family of mantis shrimp. Formerly placed in the superfamily , it has since been recognised that eurysquillids are closer to families in the Squilloidea, and so Eurysquillidae has been placed in its own superfamily, Eurysquilloidea. It includes six genera: [more]
Gonodactylidae is a family of mantis shrimp. It contains the following genera: [more]
Lysiosquillidae is a family of mantis shrimp, containing the following genera : [more]
Nannosquillidae is a family of stomatopods, comprising the following genera: [more]
Odontodactylus is a genus of mantis shrimp, the only genus in the family Odontodactylidae. Mantis shrimp of the genus Odontodactylus can not only detect circular polarisation of light, but can polarise light reflecting off their telson and uropods. [more]
Parasquillidae is a family of mantis shrimp containing the three genera , Parasquilla and Pseudosquillopsis. It was previously included in the superfamily Gonodactyloidea, but that group was found to be paraphyletic, and a new superfmaily, Parasquilloidea was erected. [more]
Squillidae is a family of mantis shrimp, the only family in the superfamily Squilloidea . It contains the following genera : [more]
Tetrasquillidae is a family of mantis shrimp containing eight genera: [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Tetrasquillidae.
More info about the Family Tetrasquillidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.