The Family Hipposideridae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (1): Rhinonycterinae
- Tribe (2): Coelopini · Rhinonycterini
- Subtribe (2): Hipposiderina · Rhinonycterina
- Genus (6): Anthops · Archerops · Aselliscus · Cloeotis · Coelops · Rhinonicteris
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 9 species and subspecies in the Family Hipposideridae.
The Flower-faced Bat (Anthops ornatus) is a species of bat in the family Hipposideridae. It is in the monotypic genus Anthops. It is found in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. [more]
Aselliscus is a genus of bat in the family Hipposideridae. It contains the following species: [more]
Percival's Trident Bat (Cloeotis percivali) is a species of in the Hipposideridae family. It is monotypic within the genus Cloeotis. It is found in Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests, dry savanna, and caves. [more]
Coelops is a genus of in the Hipposideridae family. It contains the following species: [more]
The Orange Leaf-nosed Bat, Rhinonicteris aurantia, is a species of in the Hipposideridae family. It is monotypic within the genus Rhinonicteris. It is endemic to Australia. [more]
More info about the Genus Rhinonicteris may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.