The Family Heterodontidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (5): Centracion · Cestracion · Gyropleurodus · Heterodontis · Heterodontus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 52 species and subspecies in the Family Heterodontidae.
The bullhead sharks are a small order (Heterodontiformes) of basal modern sharks (Neoselachii). There are nine living species in a single genus, Heterodontus, in the family Heterodontidae. All are relatively small, with the largest species being just 150 centimetres (59 in) in adult length. They are bottom feeders in tropical and subtropical waters. [more]
At least 30 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Heterodontus.
More info about the Genus Heterodontus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.