The Order Gobiesociformes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Gobiesocidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 293 species and subspecies in the Order Gobiesociformes.
Clingfishes are fishes of the family Gobiesocidae. Most species are marine, being found in shallow waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. They are bottom-dwelling fishes; some species shelter in sea urchins or crinoids. [more]
At least 240 species and subspecies belong to the Family Gobiesocidae.
More info about the Family Gobiesocidae may be found here.
- Shaw RW, Hervio DM, Devlin RH, Adamson ML, The Journal of parasitology. 1997 Oct;83(5):810-4.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.