The Order Elopiformes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (3): Elopidae · Megalopidae · Pachyrhizodontidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 55 species and subspecies in the Order Elopiformes.
Elopidae is a family of ray-finned fish containing the single genus Elops. They are commonly known as ladyfish, skipjacks, Jack-Rashes, or tenpounders. [more]
Tarpons are large fish of the genus Megalops. There are two species of Megalops, one native to the Atlantic, and the other to the Indo-Pacific oceans. They are the only members of the family Megalopidae. [more]
More info about the Family Pachyrhizodontidae may be found here.
- Murphy WJ, Collier GE, Molecular biology and evolution. 1997 Aug;14(8):790-9.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.