The Subfamily Dicroglossinae is a member of the Family Dicroglossidae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Dicroglossinae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Deuterostomia
Grobben, 1908 - Deuterostomes
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia
(Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Chordata
Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata
Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata
auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Superclass: Tetrapoda Goodrich, 1930 - Tetrapods
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia Grobben, 1908 - Deuterostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Subfamily Dicroglossinae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Tribe (2): Dicroglossini · Limnonectini
- Genus (14): Allopaa · Altirana · Annandia · Chrysopaa · Euphlyctis · Fejervarya · Hoplobatrachus · Limnonectes · Minervarya · Nannophrys · Nanorana · Ombrana · Quasipaa · Sphaerotheca
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 221 species and subspecies in the Subfamily Dicroglossinae.
Euphlyctis is a genus of . [more]
Fejervarya is one of the Asian genera of true frogs. First proposed in 1915 by , a Jugoslavian (at that time Austrian-Hungarian) naturalist of Hungarian descent also known as Stephan Bolkay, the genus did not see widespread adoption at first. As late as the 1990s it was generally included in Rana, but more recent studies have confirmed its distinctness. [more]
Hoplobatrachus is a genus of . [more]
Limnonectes is a genus of . There are about 53 known species, but new ones are still being described occasionally. They are collectively known as fanged frogs because they tend to have unusually large teeth, which are small or absent in other frogs. [more]
Fejervarya sahyadris is a species of frog in the Ranidae family. It was initially placed in a monotypic genus Minervarya. [more]
Nannophrys is a genus of from Sri Lanka. [more]
Nanorana is a small genus of . [more]
This article is about the amphibian genus Sphaerotheca. For the fungal genus, see Sphaerotheca (fungi) [more]
At least 64 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Sphaerotheca.
More info about the Genus Sphaerotheca may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.