The Family Cyprinodontidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (2): Cubanichthyinae · Cyprinodontinae
- Genus (14): Aphanius · Chriopeops · Cubanichthys · Cyprinodon · Floridichthys · Garmanella · Jordanella · Kosswigichthys · Lebias · Notobranchius · Orestias · Panchax · Pantonodon · Roloffia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 310 species and subspecies in the Family Cyprinodontidae.
Aphanius is a genus of fish in the Cyprinodontidae family. It contains the following species: [more]
Cyprinodon is a genus of small belonging to the family Cyprinodontidae (pupfish) of ray-finned fish. [more]
The flagfish or American flagfish, Jordanella floridae, is a killifish native to Florida. It received its name because the male fish resembles the American flag, with a large black/blue dot and alternating red and black/blue stripes on its body. It is a common, native fish in Florida that is occasionally found in fish stores. They make quick work of hair algae and they may also eat plants in a planted aquarium. [more]
Kosswigichthys is a genus of in the Cyprinodontidae family. It contains the following species: [more]
Orestias may refer to [more]
At least 12 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Roloffia.
More info about the Genus Roloffia may be found here.
- Brito RM, Briolay J, Galtier N, Bouvet Y, Coelho MM, Molecular phylogenetics and evolution. 1997 Dec;8(3):435-42.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.