Percival's Trident Bat (Cloeotis percivali) is a species of in the Hipposideridae family. It is monotypic within the genus Cloeotis. It is found in Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests, dry savanna, and caves.
- Mickleburgh, S., Hutson, A., Bergmans, W., Taylor, P., Aulagnier, S. & Fahr, J. 2004. Cloeotis percivali. 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 30 July 2007.
The Genus Cloeotis is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species and subspecies in the Genus Cloeotis: C. percivali (Short-Eared Trident Bat) · C. percivali australis
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.