The Family Chamidae is a member of the Superfamily Chamoidea. Here is the complete "parentage" of Chamidae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Protostomia Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Family Chamidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (4): Arcinella · Chama · Echinochama · Pseudochama
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 132 species and subspecies in the Family Chamidae.
At least 11 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Pseudochama.
More info about the Genus Pseudochama may be found here.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.