Castile or Castilia or Castilla may refer to:
- , an overview of the former kingdom, culture, and land that gradually merged with its neighbors to become the Kingdom of Spain
- Old Castile, the northern region of Castile
- Castile and León, an autonomous community of modern Spain roughly similar to Old Castile
- New Castile (Spain), the southern region of Castile
- Castile-La Mancha, an autonomous community of modern Spain roughly similar to New Castile
- Kingdom of Castile, one of the medieval kingdoms of the Iberian Peninsula
- Crown of Castile, the combined kingdoms controlled by Castile considered to have begun with the union of León with Castile in 1230
- Other places
- Governorate of New Castile, the initial Spanish colony in South America that would eventually become the Viceroyalty of Peru
- Castilla de Oro, an old name for a region in Central America
- Castilla, Sorsogon, 3rd class municipality in Philippines
- Castile, New York, both a village and a town located in Wyoming County, New York
- Spanish cruiser Castilla, a Spanish Navy cruiser that fought in the Battle of Manila Bay during the Spanish-American War
- Brooke Castile
- Javier Castilla, Colombian squash player
- Simeon Castille, a cornerback in the NFL.
- Botany and Zoology
- Castilia (butterfly), a butterfly genus
- Castilla (plant), a tree genus belonging to the family Moraceae
- Castilla (Vino de la Tierra), a Spanish geographical indication for wine
- Other uses
- Real Madrid Castilla, the reserve team of Real Madrid
- Sponge cake made in Nagasaki, Japan. Originally introduced by Portuguese traders.
- Castile soap, a name used in English-speaking countries for soap made exclusively from vegetable oil
The Genus Castilia is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 31 species and subspecies in the Genus Castilia: C. aberrans · C. acraeina · C. actinota · C. actinotina · C. angusta (Angusta Crescent) · C. aricilla · C. aurora · C. castilla · C. chinantlensis · C. crucifera · C. eranites (Smudged Crescent) · C. faustus · C. fulgora · C. griseobasalis (Gray-Based Crescent) · C. guaya · C. heliconoides · C. hilarina · C. levana · C. lugubris · C. mejicana · C. microdryope · C. myia (Mayan Crescent) · C. nebrites · C. neria · C. nortbrundii · C. occidentalis · C. ofella · C. pellenea · C. perilla (Perilla Crescent) · C. schmitzorum · C. virilis
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.