Bythaelurus is a genus of in the Scyliorhinidae family. It contains the following species:
- arabian catshark (Bythaelurus alcocki)
- dusky catshark (Bythaelurus canescens)
- broadhead catshark (Bythaelurus clevai)
- Dawson's cat shark (Bythaelurus dawsoni)
- bristly catshark (Bythaelurus hispidus)
- spotless catshark (Bythaelurus immaculatus)
- brown catshark (Bythaelurus lutarius)
- sombre catshark (Bythaelurus sp. nov. A)
The Genus Bythaelurus is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 9 species and subspecies in the Genus Bythaelurus: B. alcocki (Arabian Catshark) · B. alcockii (Arabian Cat Shark) · B. canescens (Dusky Cat Shark) · B. clevai (Broadhead Cat Shark) · B. dawsoni (New Zealand Cat Shark) · B. hispidus (Bristly Cat Shark) · B. immaculatus (Spotless Cat Shark) · B. incanus (Sombre Catshark) · B. lutarius (Brown Catshark)
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.