The Order Blattaria is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Suborder (1): Blattaria
- Family (9): Blaberidae · Blattellidae · Blattidae · Cryptocercidae · Ectobiidae · Epilampridae · Panesthiidae · Phyllodromiidae · Polyphagidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 4,493 species and subspecies in the Order Blattaria.
The Blattellidae is a family of the order Blattaria (cockroaches). This family contains many of the smaller common household cockroaches, among others. They are sometimes called wood cockroaches. [more]
The Blattidae is a family of the order Blattaria (cockroaches). It contains several of the most common household cockroaches. [more]
Cryptocercus is a genus of Dictyoptera (cockroaches and allies) in the family Polyphagidae, of which this genus is the only member. Species are known as wood roaches or brown-hooded cockroaches. They are subsocial xylophagous insects, found in North America and Asia. [more]
The Polyphagidae is a family of the order Blattaria (cockroaches). Many are known as sand cockroaches. The family is divided into five subfamilies, comprising some 40 genera. One prominent species is the desert cockroach, Arenivaga investigata. [more]
At least 217 species and subspecies belong to the Family Polyphagidae.
More info about the Family Polyphagidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.