The Family Benthopectinidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (12): Acontiaster · Alkaidia · Benthopecten · Cheiraster · Gaussater · Luidiaster · Mistia · Myonotus · Nearchaster · Pectinaster · Plesiastropecten · Pontaster
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 45 species and subspecies in the Family Benthopectinidae.
At least 4 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Pontaster.
More info about the Genus Pontaster may be found here.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.