The Order Batrachoidiformes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Batrachoididae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 121 species and subspecies in the Order Batrachoidiformes.
Batrachoididae is the only family in the ray-finned fish order Batrachoidiformes. Fish in this family are usually called toadfish: both the English common name and scientific name refer to their toad-like appearance (batrakhos is Greek for frog). [more]
At least 90 species and subspecies belong to the Family Batrachoididae.
More info about the Family Batrachoididae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.