The Order Amiiformes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (5): Amiidae · Caturidae · Liodesmidae · Palaeolabridae · Sinamiidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 32 species and subspecies in the Order Amiiformes.
Amiidae is a family of primitive ray-finned fish. Only one species, Amia calva, the bowfin, survives today, although additional species in all four subfamilies are known from Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Eocene fossils. [more]
More info about the Family Sinamiidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.