The Family Ambassidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (9): Acanthoperca · Ambassis · Chanda · Denariusa · Gymnochanda · Parambassis · Pseudambassis · Tetracentrum · Velambassis
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 124 species and subspecies in the Family Ambassidae.
Ambassis is a genus of fish in the Ambassidae family. The genus was created by French naturalist Georges Cuvier, and is Greek for 'climbing up'. It contains the following species: [more]
Parambassis, is a genus of freshwater fish in the Asiatic glassfish family (Ambassidae) of order Perciformes. The type species is the (P. apogonoides). [more]
Tetracentrum is a genus of in the Ambassidae family. It contains the following species: [more]
More info about the Genus Velambassis may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.