The Order Albuliformes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (4): Albulidae · Osmeroididae · Phyllodontidae · Pterothrissidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species and subspecies in the Order Albuliformes.
The bonefishes are a family (Albulidae) of ray-finned fish that are popular as game fish in Florida, select locations in the South Pacific, and the Bahamas (where two bonefish are featured on the 10 cent coin) and elsewhere. The family is small, with twelve species in two genera. [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Pterothrissidae.
More info about the Family Pterothrissidae may be found here.
- Li Z, Smith MP, Duff DW, Barton BA, Olson KR, Conlon JM, Peptides. 1998;19(4):635-41.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.