Achalarus is a genus of skippers. The species range from eastern United States to Venezuela.
Achalarus species are:
- (Mabille, 1877) ? Skinner's Cloudywing
- Achalarus casica (Herrich-Sch?ffer, 1869) ? Desert Cloudywing or Mexican Hoary Edge
- Achalarus lyciades (Geyer, 1832) ? Hoary Edge
- Achalarus tehuanaca (Draudt, 1922)
- Achalarus toxeus (Pl?tz, 1882) ? Coyote Cloudywing or Coyote Skipper
The Genus Achalarus is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 17 species and subspecies in the Genus Achalarus: A. albociliatus (Skinner's Cloudywing) · A. casica (Desert Cloudywing) · A. coyote · A. epigena · A. hedysarum · A. jalapus (Jalapus Cloudywing) · A. leucophrys · A. lyciades (Hoary Edge) · A. lycidas · A. mithras · A. nigrociliata · A. nocera · A. orestes · A. pseudocellus · A. tehuacana · A. toxeus (Coyote Cloudywing) · A. xerxes
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.