A taxonomic subclass.
The Order Acari is a member of the Class Arachnida. Here is the complete "parentage" of Acari:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Protostomia Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Order Acari is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (4): Banksinomidae · Labidophoridae · Saproglyphidae · Steganacaridae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 599 species and subspecies in the Order Acari.
Steganacaridae is a family of mites in the order Oribatida. [more]
At least 7 species and subspecies belong to the Family Steganacaridae.
More info about the Family Steganacaridae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.