Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Common Names in Bosnian:
Common Names in Bulgarian:
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in Chuvash:
Common Names in Croatian:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Karl Johan, Karl Johan (svamp)
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Cep, Edible Boletus, Penny Bun
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Cèpe D´autumn, Cèpe De Bordeaux, Cep, Cep Franc Tête Rousse, Champignon Polonais, Porchin
Common Names in Galician:
Common Names in German:
Edelpilz, Gemeiner Steinpilz, Herrenpilz, Steinpilz
Common Names in Greek (modern):
Βωλίτης ο εδώδιμος
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Ido:
Common Names in Italian:
Bianco, Bolé Porchin, Boleto Edule, Ceppatello Buono, Fungo Munitola, Funso Neigro, Porcino, Pressanella
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Kazakh:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Norwegian Nynorsk:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Slovak:
Common Names in Slovene:
Common Names in Spanish:
Aubarell, Cigro, Ciunery, Rodellon
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Tatar:
Common Names in Thai:
Common Names in Turkish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Common Names in Walloon:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,040 meters (0 to 6,693 feet).
- Chatton, 1925
- T.L. Jahn & F.F. Jahn, 1949 ex R.T. Moore, 1980
- D.S. Hibbett et al., in D.S. Hibbett et al., 2007
- H.C. Bold, 1957 ex R.T. Moore, 1980
- Dowell, 2001
- Subclass: Agaricomycetidae () - Locquin, 1984 ex Parmasto, 1986
- Subphylum: Agaricomycotina () - Dowell, 2001
- Phylum: Basidiomycota () - H.C. Bold, 1957 ex R.T. Moore, 1980 - Basidiomycetes
- Subkingdom: Dikarya () - D.S. Hibbett et al., in D.S. Hibbett et al., 2007
- Kingdom: Fungi () - T.L. Jahn & F.F. Jahn, 1949 ex R.T. Moore, 1980 - Fungi
Boletus edulis f. arcticus Vassilkov 1966 • Boletus edulis f. laevipes (Massee) Vassilkov 1966 • Boletus edulis trisporus Watling 1974 • Boletus edulis var. arcticus (Vassilkov) Hlavácek 1994 • Boletus edulis var. laevipes Massee 1892 • Boletus edulis var. trisporus (Watling) Anon. Ined. • Boletus solidus Sowerby 1809 • Dictyopus edulis (Bull.) Forq. 1890 • Leccinum edule (Bull.) Gray 1821
Members of the genus Boletus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 26 species and subspecies in this genus:
B. aestivalis (Boletus Reticulatus) · B. appendiculatus (Oak Bolete) · B. badius (Bay Bolete) · B. calopus (Bitter Beech Bolete) · B. chrysenteron (Red Cracking Bolete) · B. edulis (Edible Boletus) · B. edulis edulis (Penny Bun) · B. erythropus (Boletus Luridiformis) · B. fechtneri (Pale Bolete) · B. impolitus (Iodine Bolete) · B. luridiformis var. luridiformis (Scarletina Bolete) · B. luridus (Lurid Boletus) · B. moravicus (Tawny Bolete) · B. pinophilus (Pine Bolete) · B. porosporus (Sepia Bolete) · B. pruinatus (Matt Bolete) · B. pseudoregius (The Pretender) · B. pulverulentus (Inkstain Bolete) · B. queletii (Decieving Bolete) · B. radicans (Rooting Bolete) · B. regius (Royal Bolete) · B. reticulatus (Summer King Bolete) · B. rhodopurpureus (Oldrose Bolete) · B. rubellus (Ruby Bolete) · B. satanas (Devil´s Boletus) · B. subtomentosus (Suede Bolete)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 171.
- A college text-book of Botany, being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary Botany." New York, Holt, 1905. url p. 209, p. 726.
- A college text-book of botany: being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany, " / by George Francis Atkinson. New York: Henry Holt and Company1905. url p. 209, p. 726.
- A college text-book of botany; being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany." New York: Holt, 1908 [c1905] url p. 209, p. 726.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 91.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 955.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 166.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 166.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 260.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 760.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 721.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 829.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 234.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 52.
- A manual of the land and fresh-water shells of the British Islands with figures of each of the kinds / by William Turton, M. D. London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1857. url p. 81.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 551.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 647, p. 648.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 97.
- A plain and easy account of British fungi; with descriptions of the esculent and poisonous species.. . and a tabular arrangement of orders and genera. By M.C. Cooke. London: R. Hardwicke, 1862. url , , p. 76.
- A plain and easy account of the British fungi, with descriptions of the esculent and poisonous species, details of the principles of scientific classification, and a tabular arrangement of orders and genera. London, Hardwicke, 1871. url , p. 76, p. 84.
- A practical course in botany, with especial reference to its bearings on agriculture, economics, and sanitation, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1911] url .
- A preliminary report on the Hymeniales of Connecticut, by Edward Albert White. [Hartford]Hartford Press, The Case, Lockwood & Brainard Company, 1905. url p. 58.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 9.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url , , .
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 719.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 410.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- A treatise on the esculent funguses of England: containing an account of their classical history, uses, characters, development, structure, nutritious properties, modes of cooking and preserving, etc. / London: L. Reeve & Co., 1863. url p. 10, p. 14, p. 151, p. 20, p. 3, p. 38, p. 51, p. 81, p. 90, p. 93.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 132, p. 30, p. 89.
- American journal of physiology. [Bethesda, Md., etc.]American Physiological Society [etc.] url p. 229, p. 231.
- Among the mushrooms; a guide for beginners, New York, D. Biddle[c1900] url , , .
- An account of British flies (Diptera). By Fred. V. Theobald. London: E. Stock, 1892. url p. 117.
- An elementary text-book of British fungi. By William Delisle Hay. London, S. Sonnenschein, Lowrey, 1887. url p. 125, p. 126, p. 193, p. 234.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 518.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 151, p. 151, p. 153, p. 153, p. 202, p. 390.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1910-1918 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 547, p. 579.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 79.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 68.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants from Insects and Fungous Diseases. Quebec: The Society, 1909-1920. url p. 18, p. 19.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url , , p. 144, p. 309, p. 316, p. 394.
- Annual report of the Regents / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1890-1903. url , p. 24.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 131, p. 41, p. 49.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url , p. 200, p. 234.
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 76.
- Annual report of the state botanist, by Charles H. Peck. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1897. url p. 200, p. 234.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 103, p. 47, p. 88.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 189, p. 431, p. 512.
- Anzeiger der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Classe. Wien: Der Akademie, 1864-1914. url , p. 337, p. 337.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 155, p. 61.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 155, p. 61.
- Biological survey of the Mount Desert Region, conducted by William Procter... From the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, Mount Desert Island, Maine. Philadelphia, The Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, 1927-1946. url p. 408.
- Boston park rangers nature book / [s.n.], [1997?] url p. 30.
- Botanical microtechnique, a hand-book of methods for the preparation, standing, and microscopical investigation of vegetable structures; tr. from the German by James Ellis Humphrey. New York, Holt, 1893. url , .
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 463.
- Botany all the year round; a practical text-book for schools, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company url .
- Botany for high schhools / by George Francis Atkinson. New York: H. Holt, 1912. url p. 529.
- Botany for high schools, by George Francis Atkinson. New York: H. Holt and Company, 1910. url p. 480.
- British Basidiomycetae, a handbook to the larger British fungi. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1922. url p. 566.
- British Basidiomycetae: a handbook to the larger British Fungi. By Carleton Rea. Published under the auspices of the British mycological society. Cambridge: Univesity press, 1922. url p. 566.
- British edible fungi: how to distinguish and how to cook them / by M.C. Cooke. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trbner, 1891. url , p. 120, p. 231.
- British fungi (Hymenomycetes) / by John Stevenson. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1886. url p. 166, p. 167, p. 176.
- British fungi (hymenomycetes) / by Rev. John Stevenson. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1886. url p. 166, p. 167, p. 176.
- British fungi, by George Massee. London, G. Routledge[1911?] url p. 356.
- British fungus-flora. A classified text-book of mycology. London, G. Bell & Sons, 1892-95. url .
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 36, p. 58.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 9 1907-1916 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 142.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 132, p. 133, p. 140, p. 145, p. 149, p. 216.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 271.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 39, p. 452.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 130.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 104.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 146.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 13 1886 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 175, p. 519, p. 522, p. 525, p. 554.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 38, p. 39, p. 39, p. 4, p. 4.
- Catalogue of plants found in New Jersey. Trenton, John L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1889. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 592, p. 735, p. 852, p. 926.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 592, p. 735, p. 852, p. 926.
- Catalogue of the mycological library of Howard A. Kelly. comp. by Louis C.C. Krieger. Baltimore, Privately printed, 1924. url p. 21.
- College botany: including organography, vegetable histology, vegetable physiology and vegetable taxonomy: with a brief account of the succession of plants in geologic time, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Edson S. Bastin. Chicago: G.P. Engelhard, 1890, c1889. url p. 326, p. 328, p. 442.
- Commercialization of non-timber forest products. Factors influencing success. Lessons learned from Mexico and Bolivia and policy implications for decision- makers. UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series 23. UNEP-WCMC url p. 49, p. 8.
- Common mushrooms / by Leon L. Pray, Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1936. url p. 18.
- Common mushrooms of the United States / by Louis C. C. Krieger. Washington: National Geographic Society, 1920. url p. 404, p. iv.
- Comparative morphology and biology of the fungi, mycetozoa and bacteria / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1887. url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 519, p. 521, p. 522, p. 525, p. 554.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 6 1901 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 214.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 123.
- Conversations on nature and art. Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard, 1839. url p. 268.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1045.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 477, p. 674.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url , .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 167, p. 477, p. 674.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 15, p. 396.
- Descriptions of new species of fungi / Buffalo, N.Y.: Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences, 1873 url p. 353, p. 78.
- Descriptive catalogue of the Formosan fungi / by Kaneyoshi Sawoda. Taihoku, Formosa: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1919- url p. 115.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 59.
- Diptera Danica: genera and species of flies hitherto found in Denmark. Copenhagen, G.E.C. Gad, 1907-1927. url p. 125.
- Diptera Nematocera (excluding Chironomidæ and Culicidæ). By E. Brunetti. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 114, p. 114.
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms of Canada / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1979. url p. 214, p. 222, p. 224.
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms, a descriptive handbook to accompany the author's colored chart of edible and poisonous mushrooms, with colored chart. New York, 1916. url p. 19, p. 69.
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms: what to eat and what to avoid. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1894. url p. 69.
- Elementary botany. New York, Holt, 1898. url p. 209, p. 504.
- Elementary studies in botany, by John M. Coulter. Chicago, D. Appleton and Company[c1913] url p. 54.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 229.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1, p. 12, p. 203, p. 331, p. 378, p. 422, p. 49, p. 518, p. 558, p. 79, p. 804, p. 821, p. 826, p. 830, p. 832, p. 838, p. 879, p. 880, p. 920, p. 93, p. 931, p. 935, p. 963.
- Farlowia: a journal of cryptogamic botany. Cambridge, Mass., 1943-1955. url , .
- Field Museum of Natural History bulletin. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, -c1990. url p. 17.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 71.
- First forms of vegetation. London, Macmillan, 1874. url , .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 255.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 416.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford, [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1891. url p. 75.
- Footnotes from the page of nature; or, First forms of vegetation. Cambridge, Eng.: Macmillan, 1861. url p. 258, p. 263.
- Fungi: their nature and uses / edited by M.J. Berkeley. New York: Appleton, 1888. url p. 258, p. 94, p. 95.
- Fungi; their nature and uses. By M.C. Cooke. .. edited by the Rev. M.J. Berkeley. .. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1875. url p. 254, p. 258, p. 94, p. 95.
- Fungi; their nature and uses. New York, D. Appleton and Co., 1875. url , .
- Fungi; their nature, influence, and uses; New York, D. Appleton and Co., 1888. url , .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 72.
- Grevillea. London: Williams and Norgate; 1872-1894. url p. 15, p. 36, p. 96.
- Growth hormones in plants. Authorized English translation of Die wuchsstofftheorie und ihre bedeutung für die analyse des wachstums und der wachstumsbewegungen der pflanzen. By P. Boysen Jensen. .. Translated and revised by George S. Avery, Jr., and Paul R. Burkholder, with the collaboration of Harriet B. Creighton and Beatrice A. Scheer. .. Expanded to include 188 new c New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1936. url p. 237, p. 247, p. 62.
- Guide to Sowerby's models of British fungi in the Department of Botany, British Museum (Natural History) / by Worthington G. Smith. [London]: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1898. url p. 15, p. 33, p. 53.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 146.
- Handbook of British fungi, with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera. By M. C. Cooke, M.A. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 256.
- Handbook of British fungi: with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera / by M.C. Cooke. London: Macmillan, 1871. url p. 256.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 218, p. 219, p. 256, p. 258, p. 279, p. 5.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 56.
- History of vegetable substances used in the arts, in domestic economy, and for the food of man. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman and Holden, 1833. url p. 337.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 283.
- Hymenomycetes Britannici. British fungi (Hymenomycetes) v.1-2. Edinburgh, William Blackwood and Sons, 1886. url p. 166, p. 167, p. 176.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 2, p. 60.
- Illustrations of British mycology, containing figures and descriptions of the funguses of interest and novelty indigenous to Britain. By Mrs. T.J. Hussey. .. London, Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1847-55. url p. 20, p. 329, p. 330, p. 40.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url , p. 23.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 351, p. 695, p. 729.
- Introduction to cryptogamic botany. London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc]1857. url , , , .
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 111, p. 390.
- Introductory mycology / Constantine J. Alexopoulos, Charles W. Mims; artwork by Sung-Huang Sun and Raymond W. Scheetz. New York: Wiley, c1979. url p. 459.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 48 1910 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 262, p. 265, p. 346, p. 366, p. 399.
- Journal of conchology. London: D. Bogue. url p. 276, p. 351, p. 356.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 11 1991 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 172, p. 234.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , , p. 1027, p. 362, p. 421, p. 422, p. 651.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 166.
- List of the water-color drawings of Fungi by George E. Morris in the Peabody museum of Salem, prepared by Albert P. Morse. Salem, Mass., Peabody museum, 1918. url p. 13.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 1009.
- Mammals of Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. Jerusalem: Pub. for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, l962- url p. 313.
- Manual of the land and fresh-water shells of the British Islands: ith figures of each of the kinds. London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1857. url p. 81.
- Martin's Natural history / Translated from the thirty-fifth German edition, by Sarah A. Myers; containing two hundred and sixty-two beautifully colored illustrations; First [and second] series. New York: Phinney, Blakeman & Mason, 1861- url p. 370.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 239, p. 247, p. 268, p. 336.
- Minnesota mushrooms. .. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, 1910. url .
- Minnesota mushrooms. .. [by] Frederic E. Clements. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, 1910. url p. 89.
- Monograph of the land & freshwater Mollusca of the British Isles. Leeds, Taylor Brothers, 1894-1914. url , , .
- Morphology and taxonomy of fungi. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1950. url p. 495, p. 497.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 68, p. 79.
- Mushroom growing, by B.M. Duggar. New York, Orange Judd, 1915. url , p. 175.
- Mushrooms and their cultivation; a handbook for the amateurs dealing with the culture of mushrooms in the open air, also in sheds, cellar greenhouses, etc., and the best methods of cooking them including a description of other edible London.W. H. & L. Collingridge url , , , .
- Mushrooms and their use / Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Botanical Supply Co., 1897. url , , .
- Mushrooms and their use, by Charles H. Peck. Cambridge, Mass., Cambridge Botanical Supply, 1897. url p. 69, p. 72.
- Mushrooms of America, edible and poisonous. Boston, L. Prang & Co.c1885. url .
- Mycological writings of C. G. Lloyd. Cincinnati, O., -1929. url p. 1.
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 41.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 223.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 120, p. 359, p. 505, p. 822.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 1 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 198.
- Occasional papers of the Farlow Herbarium of Cryptogamic Botany. 16 1981 Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University, Farlow Herbarium of Cryptogamic Botany. url p. 132.
- Ohio mycological bulletin. Columbus, Oh.: Ohio State University, 1903. url p. 271, p. 272, p. 524.
- Our edible toadstools and mushrooms and how to distinguish them; a selection of thirty native food varieties, easily recognizable by their marked individualities, with simple rules for the identification of poisonous species, New York, Harper, 1895. url , , , , , , , .
- Outlines of British fungology; containing characters of above a thousand species of Fungi, and a complete list of all that have been described as natives of the British Isles. By the Rev. M. J. Berkeley. London, L. Reeve, 1860. url , p. 78.
- Palladin's Plant physiology. Authorized ed. in English, based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) of the Text-book of plant physiology. By Vladimir I. Palladin. With additions and Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, [c1926] url p. 189.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 75, p. 96.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 313, p. 318.
- Physiology of fungi. New York, Wiley url p. 342.
- Physiology of the fungi [by] Virgil Greene Lilly [and] Horace L. Barnett. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1951. url p. 267.
- Phytohormones, by F.W. Went. .. and Kenneth V. Thimann. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1937. url p. 272.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 214.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 214.
- Plant physiology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1918] url .
- Plant physiology, by Vladimir I. Palladin. Authorized English ed. based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) Edited by Burton Edward Livingston. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1923] url p. 186, p. 186.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 366, p. 96.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 96.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plants, their natural growth and ornamental treatment, Belfast, Marcus Ward & Co., 1874. url .
- Principles of plant physiology, by Oran Raber. New York, The Macmillan Co., 1938. url p. 140.
- Principles of scientific botany, or, Botany as an inductive science by Dr. J.M. Schleiden. .. translated by Edwin Lankester. .. London: Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1849 url p. 538.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 32.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 295.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 852.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 21, p. 53, p. 54, p. 60.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 656.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 33.
- Rambles with nature students. London, Religious tract soc., 1899. url p. 155, p. 156.
- Report & transactions. BirminghamHerald Press url p. 27.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 103, p. 131, p. 298, p. 332, p. 41, p. 49, p. 76, p. 81.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 105.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 79.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 392.
- Report of the state botanist on edible Fungi of New York 1895-99, by Charles H. Peck. .. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1900. url .
- Researches about atmospheric phenomena. By Thomas Forster. London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, 1823. url p. 387, p. 391, p. 413.
- Researches on Fungi. .. by A. H. Reginald Buller. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1909- url p. 148, p. 387, p. 469, p. 469, p. 83, p. 83.
- Researching factors that influence successful commercialisation of non timber forest products (NTFPs) Bussmann, R.W., Lange, S. url p. 568.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 215, p. 250, p. 32.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 106, p. 594.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 57.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 611, p. 79.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 379, p. 50.
- Some common mushrooms and how to know them / by Vera K. Charles. Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1946. url p. 47.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 41, p. 464.
- Student's hand-book of mushrooms of America edible and poisonous / by Thomas Taylor. Washington, D.C.: A.R. Taylor, 1897-1898. url p. 13, p. 15, p. 23.
- Studies in physiological chemistry, being reprints of the more important studies issued from the laboratory of physiological chemistry: Sheffield Scientific School of Yale University during the years 1897-1900. New York, Scribner, 1901. url p. 150, p. 154.
- Studies of American fungi. Mushrooms, edible, poisonous, etc. By George Francis Atkinson. Recipes for cooking mushrooms, by Mrs. Sarah Tyson Rorer. Chemistry and toxicology of mushrooms, by J.F. Clark. With 230 photographs by the author, and colored plates by F. Ithaca, N.Y., Andrus & Church, 1901. url p. 172, p. 176.
- Studies of American fungi: mushrooms, edible, poisonous, etc. Recipes for cooking mushrooms, by Sarah Tyson Rorer. Chemistry and Toxicology of mushrooms, by J.F. Clark. With 250 illustrations from photographs by the author. New YorkH. Holt url , , .
- Synopsis of the British Basidiomycetes: a descriptive catalogue of the drawings and specimens in the department of Botany, British Museum. London, 1908. url p. 317, p. 325.
- Systematic arrangement of Australian Fungi, together with host-index and list of works on the subject. By D. McAlpine. Melbourne, R.S. Brain, Govt. Printer, 1895. url p. 207.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 160, p. 441.
- Technical mycology: the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures: a practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes for the use of brewers. .. and all interested in by Franz Lafar; with an introd. by Emil Chr. Hansen; translated by Charles T.C. Salter. London, Griffin, 1898-. url p. 34.
- Text book of fungi, including morphology, physiology, pathology, classification, etc. London, Duckworth, 1906. url p. 162, p. 374.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1052.
- The American flower garden companion: adapted to the northern states / by Edward Sayers. Boston: G.C.Thorburn, 1838. url p. 159.
- The American monthly microscopical journal. New York: Romyn Hitchcock, 1880-1902. url p. 288, p. 288.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 186, p. 292, p. 32, p. 33, p. 41, p. 73, p. 73.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 179.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 204.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 462.
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 180, p. 180.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 129, p. 197, p. 45, p. 46.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 353.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 171.
- The Catholic yearbook: comprehending, the circle of the seasons and key to the calendar and almanac, or the natural history, religious festivals and miscellaneous customs of the whole year adapted for all succeeding years; [by Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster] London: Keating and Brown, 1833. url p. 230, p. 292.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url p. 169, p. 190.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824-36. url p. 150, p. 153.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 212, p. 271.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 127, p. 14, p. 269, p. 291, p. 318, p. 323, p. 324, p. 396, p. 447, p. 455, p. 457, p. 53, p. 70, p. 99.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 333, p. 333.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1861 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url , p. 1329, p. 1342, p. 1361, p. 1380, p. 1428, p. 1451, p. 1588, p. 1693, p. 1694, p. 365, p. 438, p. 460, p. 570, p. 624, p. 651, p. 675, p. 849, p. 905, p. 906.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 214, p. 215, p. 217, p. 221, p. 23, p. 249, p. 314, p. 323, p. 343, p. 369, p. 443, p. 459, p. 461, p. 467, p. 475, p. 602, p. 87.
- The Gasteromycetes of the Eastern United States and Canada / by William Chambers Coker and John Nathaniel Couch. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1928. url p. 55.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luthur Tucker, 1846/1847-1875 url p. 157.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , p. 167, p. 250, p. 267.
- The Journal of biological chemistry. Baltimore [etc.] url p. 441.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 35, p. 35.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , , , p. 127, p. 247, p. 265, p. 266, p. 266, p. 276, p. 276, p. 319, p. 319, p. 359, p. 379.
- The Naturalist. 1896 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 15, p. 267, p. 346, p. 346, p. 362, p. 364, p. 371.
- The Pfizer handbook of microbial metabolites. New York, Blakiston Division, McGraw-Hill url p. 292, p. 293, p. 295, p. 296, p. 329, p. 538, p. 539, p. 9.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 200, p. 238, p. 90.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 445.
- The Polyporaceae of Wisconsin / by J.J. Neuman. Madison, Wis.: The State, 1914. url p. 131.
- The Polyporaceae of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis., The State, 1914. url , .
- The Polyporaceae of Wisconsin, by J. J. Neuman. Madison, Wis., The State, 1914. url p. 131, p. 200.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url p. 240.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 182, p. 25, p. 26, p. 92.
- The Victoria history of the county of Stafford / edited by William Page. London: Constable1908- url p. 70.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 107, p. 108.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url , p. 227.
- The book of the garden, Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1853-55. url .
- The chemistry of Chinese preserved eggs and Chinese edible birds' nests... by Chi Che Wang... Baltimore, 1921 url p. 441.
- The field and garden vegetables of America: Boston, J. E. Tilton and company, 1865. url p. 646.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The fungi / by Frederick A. Wolf and Frederick T. Wolf. New York: J. Wiley,  url p. 352.
- The fungus flora of Yorkshire. A complete account of the known fungi of the county. By G. Massee and C. Crossland. London, A. Brown, 1905. url p. 143.
- The garden... London, 1872- url , , p. 35, p. 36, p. 70.
- The genera of recent Mollusca: arranged according to their organization. By Henry Adams...and Arthur Adams. LondonJ. Van Voorst, 1858. url p. 218.
- The higher Fungi of the Chicago region. .. by Dr. Will Sayer Moffatt. Chicago, The Academy, 1909- url p. 103.
- The higher fungi of the Chicago region. By Will Sayer Moffatt. Chicago, Chicago Academy of Sciences, 1909- url p. 103.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 383.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 485.
- The life of the fly; with which are interspersed some chapters of autobiography, by J. Henry Fabre. tr. by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. New York, Dodd, Mead, and company, 1913. url p. 410.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 641, p. 773, p. 896, p. 990.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The medicinal, poisonous, and dietetic properties of the cryptogamic plants of the United States: being a report made to the American Medical Association at its sessions held in Richmond, Va., and St. Louis, Mo. / by Francis Peyre Porcher. New York: [s.n.], 1854 url p. 100, p. 101, p. 102, p. 99.
- The mushroom book. A popular guide to the identification and study of our commoner fungi, with special emphasis on the edible varieties by Nina L. Marshall with many illustrations in colored and black and white photographed from nature by J. A. & H. C. Anderson. Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page and company, 1923 [c1922] url p. 109, p. 161.
- The mushroom book: a popular guide to the identification and study of our commoner Fungi, with special emphasis on the edible varieties / Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1910, c1905. url .
- The mushroom, edible and otherwise, its habitat and its time of growth, with photographic illustrations of nearly all the common species: a guide to the study of mushrooms, with special reference to the edible and poisonous varieties, with a view of opening up to the student of nature a wide field of useful and interesting knowledge. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio Library Co., Distributors, c1908. url p. 355, p. 356, p. 359, p. 360, p. 370, p. 5.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 97.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 430.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 430.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url .
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 688, p. 933.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 190, p. 355, p. 401, p. 51, p. 52, p. 55.
- The science and practice of farming during 1910 in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) as seen through the scientific and agricultural press. Rome, Printed by the Unione Editrice, 1910. url p. 335.
- The simpler natural bases / by George Barger. London; Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 10, p. 121, p. 13, p. 15, p. 18, p. 19, p. 45, p. 55.
- The simpler natural bases. London, Longmans, 1914. url p. 10, p. 121, p. 13, p. 15, p. 18, p. 19, p. 45, p. 55.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2088.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 218.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 166.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 209, p. 49.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 38.
- The woodlands / by M.C. Cooke. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1880. url p. 109.
- Toadstools, mushrooms, Fungi, edible and poisonous; one thousand American Fungi; how to select and cook the edible; how to distinguish and avoid the poisonous, with full botanic descriptions, by Charles McIlvaine. .. and Robert K. Macadam. Indianapolis, The Bobbs-Merrill company[c1912] url p. 444, p. 445, p. 446, p. 463.
- Toadstools, mushrooms, fungi, edible and poisonous; one thousand American fungi. Indianapolis, The Bowen-Merrill Company[c1902] url , , p. 444, p. 445, p. 446, p. 463.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 219, p. 32, p. 39, p. 55.
- Transactions - American Philosophical Society. Philadelphia: The Society, url p. 154.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 29.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url , p. 84, p. 85, p. 86.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 75.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 215, p. 215.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url , , p. 26.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 173.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 2 1881-87 London. url p. 218, p. 358.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 333.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url , , , p. 111, p. 38, p. 8.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 69.
- Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society. 8 1895 Cape Town, : The Society. url p. xxix.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 499.
- Wanderings in the great forests of Borneo; travels and researches of a naturalist in Sarawak, London, A. Constable & co., ltd, 1904. url p. 113, p. 414.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url p. 131.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url .
- Wild edible mushrooms in the Blue Mountains: resource and issues / Catherine G. Parks and Craig L. Schmitt. Portland, OR (333 S.W. First Ave., Portland 97208-3890): U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station,  url , p. 18, p. 2, p. 22.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 1069.
- [Appletons'] annual cyclopaedia and register of important events of the year: 1876-95. New series. New York, D. Appleton, 1877-96. url p. 590.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 02, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 13 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Species Fungorum. Release date: September 5, 2008
- Species Fungorum 2006.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 02, 2008:
- Finnish Museum of Natural History: Hatikka Observation Data Gateway
- GBIF New Zealand: NZFUNGI - Collections of the New Zealand National Fungal Herbarium (PDD)
- GBIF-Spain: Real Jardin Botanico, Madrid: MA-Fungi
- GBIF-Sweden: Fungi (GBIF-SE:Artdatabanken)
- GBIF-Sweden: Herbarium of Oskarshamn (OHN)
- Icelandic Institute of Natural History: Herbarium (AMNH)
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences: Fungus collection of the Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo: Fungi field notes, Oslo (O)
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo: Mycology herbarium, Bergen (BG)
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo: Mycology herbarium, Oslo (O)
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo: Notes from the Mycology Herbarium, Oslo (O)
- Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns: The Fungal Collection at the Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde Görlitz
- Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns: Water Colours of Fungi by Fritz Wohlfarth at the Botanische Staatssammlung München
- Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns: Water Colours of Fungi by Konrad Schieferdecker at the Botanische Staatssammlung München
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO: Herbarium GJO
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility: Botanical Museum, Copenhagen, the Lichen Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility: Danish Mycological Society, fungal records database
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Highland Biological Recording Group - HBRG Fungi & Lichens dataset
- University of Vienna, Institute for Botany - Herbarium WU: Herbarium WU
- Utah State University: USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 1447893
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: SF-356530
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:indexfungorum.org:names:356530
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 2970706