Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Sukkertare, An Chais‚neach,, An Rufa,, Poor Man's Weather Glass, Sea Belt, Sweet Oar-Weed
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Spanish:
Kombu De Az
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 27 meters (88 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- T. Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Cavalier-Smith, 1991
- (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) T. Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Series: href="http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/title/493 ()
- Order: Laminariales ()
- Superclass: Phaeistia () - Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Infraphylum: Chrysista () - (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Subphylum: Phaeista () - Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Phylum: Ochrophyta () - (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) T. Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Infrakingdom: Heterokonta () - (Cavalier-Smith, 1986) Cavalier-Smith, 1995
- Subkingdom: Chromobiota () - Cavalier-Smith, 1991
- Kingdom: Chromista () - T. Cavalier-Smith, 1981
Ceramium phyllitis (Stackhouse) Stackhouse • Fucus phyllitis Stackhouse • Fucus saccharinus Linnaeus • Fucus saccharinus var. angusto-bullatus Wahlenberg • Fucus saccharinus var. latissimus Wahlenberg • Laminaria caperata Bachelot De La Pylaie • Laminaria caperata var. eliptica J. Agardh • Laminaria caperata var. lanceolata J. Agardh • Laminaria caperata var. oblonga J. Agardh • Laminaria caperata var. obovata J. Agardh • Laminaria cuneifolia J. Agardh • Laminaria faeroensis f. sacchariniformis Børgesen • Laminaria faeroensis< /i> (Børgesen) Børgesen • Laminaria groenlandica Rosenvinge • Laminaria hieroglyphica J. Agardh • Laminaria longicruris var. faeroensis Børgesen • Laminaria maxima (Gunnerus) Kjellman • Laminaria membranacea S. F. Gray • Laminaria phyllitis (Stackhouse) C. Agardh • Laminaria phyllopus Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina f. borealis Foslie • Laminaria saccharina f. bullata (C. Agardh) Kylin • Laminaria saccharina f. caperata (De La Pylaie) Setchell • Laminaria saccharina f. latifolia (Kjellman) Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina f. latissima Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina f. linearis (J. Agardh) Foslie • Laminaria saccharina f. longissima (Gunnerus) Foslie • Laminaria saccharina f. membranacea J. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina f. oblonga (J. Agardh) Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina f. phyllitis (Stackhouse) Hauck • Laminaria saccharina f. prima J. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina f. sublaevis (Kjellman) Kylin • Laminaria saccharina var. bullata C. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina var. caperata Foslie • Laminaria saccharina var. grandis Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina var. latissima C. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina var. linearis J. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina var. membranacea (J. Agardh) Kjellman • Laminaria saccharina var. oblonga J. Agardh • Laminaria saccharina var. phyllitis (Stackhouse) Jones & Kingston • Laminaria saccharina var. sublaevis Kjellman • Laminaria stackhousei Bory De Saint-Vincent • Palmaria phyllitis (Stackhouse) Nees • Saccharina phyllitis (Stackhouse) O. Kuntze • Ulva lactuca var. latissima Linnaeus • Ulva latissima Gunnerus • Ulva latissima Linnaeus • Ulva longissima Gunnerus • Ulva maxima Gunnerus • Ulva phyllitis (Stackhouse) A. P. De Candolle
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Laminaria
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
L. angustata (Green Kombu) · L. cichorioides (Chijimi-Kombu) · L. coriacea (Gaggara-Kombu) · L. diabolica (Hanaori) · L. diabolica forma longipes (Enaga-Onikombu) · L. digitata (Silketare) · L. hyperborea (Scread) · L. japonica (Cha-Kombu) · L. longicruris (Atlantic Kombu) · L. longipedalis (Enage-Kombu) · L. longipes (Hime-Kombu) · L. longissima (Gimberi) · L. ochotensis (Nagahama-Kombu) · L. religosa (Kombu) · L. saccharina (Sukkertare) · L. yezoensis (Gobei-Kombu)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Collection of documents on Spitzbergen & Greenland: comprising a translation from F. Martens' Voyage to Spitzbergen, a translation from Isaac de La Peyrre's Histoire du Groenland, and God's power and providence in the preservation of eight men in Gree edited by Adam White. London: Printed for the Hakluyt Society, 1855. url p. 56.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , , .
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 811, p. 847.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 81.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 969.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 78.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 72.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 72.
- A history of British sessile-eyed Crustacea / by C. Spence Bate and J. O. Westwood. London: J. Van Voorst, 1863-68. url p. 143.
- A history of the British hydroid zoophytes. By Thomas Hincks. London, J. Van Voorst, 1868. url p. 184, p. 98.
- A history of the British marine Polyzoa / By Thomas Hincks. London: J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 145, p. 274.
- A history of the British sessile-eyed Crustacea. By C. Spence Bate. .. and J.O. Westwood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863-68. url p. 143, p. 143.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 768.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 121, p. 143.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, functions, classification, properties and uses of plants. London, John Churchill, 1861. url p. 719.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 79.
- A manual of the British marine Algae... By William Henry Harvey... London, J. Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 184, p. 184, p. 30.
- A monograph of the British marine annelids. 2 1908 London, The Ray society, 1873/1900-1922/23. url p. 174, p. 271.
- A monograph of the existing crinoids. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1915- url p. 141.
- A monograph of the free and semi-parasitic Copepoda of the British islands. By G. Stewardson Brady London, Ray society, 1878-80 url p. 115, p. 155, p. 177, p. 7, p. 96.
- A naturalist's rambles on the Devonshire coast / by Philip Henry Gosse. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 330, p. 39.
- A popular history of British sea-weeds, comprising their structure, fructification, specific characters, arrangement, and general distribution, with notices of some of the fresh-water Algae. By the Rev. D. Landsborough. .. London, Reeve and Benham, 1851. url p. 118, p. 124, p. 125, p. 126, p. 69.
- A popular history of British zoophytes, or corallines. By the Rev. D. Landsborough. .. London, Reeve and co., 1852. url p. 273.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url , .
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 16.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 374.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 366, p. 373.
- A textbook of botany for colleges / by William F. Ganong. New York: Macmillan, 1927. url p. 595.
- A textbook of botany for colleges. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 595.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 4.
- Actinologia Britannica: a history of the British sea-anemones and corals. LondonVan Voorst1860 url p. 63.
- Additions to the list of New Brunswick plants (continued from last year's report) / by James Fowler. Fredericton, N.B.?: s.n., 1880? url .
- Advances in marine environmental research: proceedings of a symposium / Francine Sakin Jacoff, editor. Narragansett, R.I.: Environmental Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1979. url .
- Alaska / Harriman Alaska Expedition. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1901-1910. url p. 193, p. 5.
- Alaska. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1901- url p. 193.
- Algae. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1916. url p. 254.
- Alg. Vol. I. Myxophyce, Peridinie, Bacillarie, Chlorophyce, together with a brief summary of the occurrence and distribution of freshwat4er Alg. By G.S. West. Cambridge [Eng.]The University press, 1916. url p. 254, p. 254, p. 464, p. 464.
- An encyclopdia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url p. 212.
- An encyclopdia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url .
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 656.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, by F. E. Fritch and E. J. Salisbury. London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url p. 433.
- An introduction to the study of Algae, by V. J. Chapman. New York, Macmillan;1941. url p. 310.
- An introduction to the study of fossils (plants and animals) / by Hervey Woodburn Shimer. New York: The Macmillan Co., 1921. url p. 430.
- An outline of the natural history of our shores, by Joseph Sinel with chapters on collecting and preserving marine specimens, methods of microscopic mounting, etc., and on the marine aquarium. London, Swan Sonnenschein & Co., 1906. url p. 97.
- Anales de la Sociedad Espaola de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 123, p. 144, p. 144, p. 290, p. 290.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 653.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. 10 1855 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 124, p. 324, p. 403, p. 425.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 40.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 40, p. 40.
- Benthic productivity and marine resources of the Gulf of Maine / Ivar Babb and Michael De Luca, editors. [Rockville, MD] (6010 Executive Blvd., Suite 805, Rockville 20852): U.S. Dept of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Oceanic and Atmospheric Research, Office of Undersea Research,  url p. 75.
- Biology of the seas of the U.S.S.R. Translated by S. Botcharskaya. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 109, p. 267, p. 300, p. 866.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 274.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i Kbenhavn. Kbenhavn: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 149, p. 151, p. 162, p. 165, p. 166, p. 175, p. 176, p. 177, p. 178, p. 202, p. 236, p. 258, p. 266, p. 300, p. 309, p. 310, p. 310, p. 311, p. 312, p. 313, p. 314, p. 316, p. 319, p. 320, p. 320, p. 326, p. 7.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 71, p. 95.
- British conchology, or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: John Van Voorst, 1862-1869. url p. 212, p. 225, p. 296, p. 312, p. 61, p. 71.
- British conchology: or, an account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 212, p. 225, p. 296, p. 312, p. 61, p. 71.
- British conchology; or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas, by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London, J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 225, p. 296, p. 312, p. 61, p. 71.
- British sea-weeds: an introduction to the study of the marine algae of Great Britain, Ireland, and the Channel Islands / by Samuel Octavus Gray. London: L. Reeve & Co., 5 Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, 1867 url , , p. 35, p. 53.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 653.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 141.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 123, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 147, p. 148, p. 149, p. 157, p. 171, p. 172, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 181, p. 211, p. 220, p. 382, p. 385, p. 46.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 219, p. 336.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 12.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 58.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1875-1879 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 109, p. 274, p. 294, p. 312, p. 9.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 12.
- By the deep sea. A popular introduction to the wild life of the British shores, by Edward Step; with 122 illustrations by P.H. Gosse [and others] London, Jarrold & Sons, 1896. url .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 233.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 333.
- Carotinoids and related pigments: the chromolipoids. New York: The Chemical Catalog Company, Inc., 1922. url p. 308, p. 93.
- Catalogue of plants found in New Jersey by N. L. Britton. Trenton: John L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1889 url p. 409.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 760, p. 820.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 760, p. 820.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 189, p. 248.
- Catalogue of the fishes of New York / by Tarleton H. Bean. Albany: University of the state of New York, 1903. url p. 653.
- Chapters on the common things of the sea-coast. By Anne Pratt. London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge, 1856. url p. 114.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 545.
- College botany: including organography, vegetable histology, vegetable physiology and vegetable taxonomy: with a brief account of the succession of plants in geologic time, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Edson S. Bastin. Chicago: G.P. Engelhard, 1890, c1889. url p. 302.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 43.
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 406.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url , p. 172, p. 58, p. 82.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 104.
- Conversations on nature and art. Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard, 1839. url p. 95.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 127, p. 130, p. 981.
- Current bibliography for fisheries science. Rome, Biology Branch, Fisheries Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. url p. 46.
- Descriptive and illustrated catalogue of the physiological series of comparative anatomy contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, Taylor [and] Francis (pr.)1900-1902. url p. 55.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 67.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 113, p. 769.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 53.
- Enquiry into plants and minor works on odoùrs and weather signs, London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url p. 472, p. 483, p. 490.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 155, p. 45.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 12.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 127, p. 31, p. 429, p. 814, p. 833.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 139, p. 39.
- Fauna of New England: 13. List of the mollusca / by Charles W. Johnson. Boston: Boston Society of Natural History, 1915. url p. 167.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 206, p. 24.
- Fertilizer resources of the United States. Washington[Govt. print. off.]1912. url p. 132, p. 136, p. 139, p. 14, p. 147, p. 170, p. 171, p. 173, p. 182, p. 183, p. 194, p. 226, p. 249, p. 259, p. 264, p. 280.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 191, p. 236.
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 98.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Charace, Musci, Hepatic, Lichenes and Alg of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 171.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Charace, Musci, Hepatic, Lichenes and Alg of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 171.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 309, p. 406.
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 236.
- Flora of Mount Desert island, Maine. A preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands. By Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield. With a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert island. Cambridge, Mass., J. Wilson and son, 1894. url p. 236.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 394.
- Flowerless plants: how and where they grow, London, Cassell and Co., Ltd., 1913. url .
- Footprints of the creator; or, The Asterolepis of Stromness. With memoir by Louis Agassiz. W.P. Nimmo1877 url p. 233.
- Forestry in Norway: with notices of the physical geography of the country. Compiled by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd, 1884. url p. 106.
- Geology of Clydesdale and Arran: embracing also the marine zoology and the flora of Arran, with complete list of species, notes on the rarer insects of Arran, and notices of its scenery and antiquities / by James Bryce. London: R. Griffin, 1859. url p. 184.
- Grammar and dictionary of the Yoruba language: with an introductory description of the country and people of Yoruba. / by the Rev. T.J. Bowen. [Washington]: Smithsonian Institution,  url p. 132.
- Guide to localities illustrating the geology, marine zoology, and botany of the vicinity of Boston. [Boston]A.A.A.S., 1898. url .
- Half-hours at the sea-side; or, Recreations with marine objects, by Dr. J. E. Taylor. London, R. Hardwicke, 1872. url p. 41.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 145, p. 213, p. 217, p. 222.
- Harriman Alaska series. City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1910-1914. url p. 193, p. 5.
- Harriman Alaska series. vol. I-V, VIII-XIV Washington, D.C., Smithsonian Institution, 1910-14 url p. 189, p. 193, p. 5.
- History of the British marine Polyzoa. London, Voorst, 1880. url p. 145, p. 274.
- History of the birds of Kansas. By N. S. Goss. Illustrating 529 birds. Topeka, Kan., G. W. Crane, 1891. url p. 103, p. 103.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 459.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 407.
- Icones of Japanese algae. Tokyo, Kazamashobo[1907-1942] url p. 172.
- Inorganic plant poisons and stimulants, Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press, 1914. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 296, p. 384, p. 686, p. 96.
- Introduction to cryptogamic botany. London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc]1857. url .
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 532, p. 609.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 43 1905 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 106, p. 11, p. 174, p. 235, p. 268, p. 284, p. 304, p. 32, p. 338, p. 339, p. 368, p. 371, p. 44, p. 44.
- Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge University Press [etc.] url p. 105, p. 108, p. 154, p. 193, p. 195, p. 245, p. 296, p. 304, p. 472, p. 576, p. 96.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 175.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , p. 196, p. 229, p. 305, p. 321, p. 344, p. 414, p. 583, p. 621, p. 701, p. 823, p. 838, p. 972.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 6 1862 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 160, p. 161, p. 166, p. 86.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 151, p. 17.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 149.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , , , .
- Manures and fertilizers; a text-book for college students and a work of reference for all interested in the scientific aspects of modern farming, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 376.
- Marine products of commerce; their acquisition, handling, biological aspects, and the science and techology of their preparation and preservation, by Donald K. Tressler and James McW. Lemon in collaboration with Alexander E. Alexander [and others] New York, Book Division, Reinhold, 1951. url p. 104, p. 773, p. 96.
- Meddelelser om Grnland. Kbenhavn, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 158, p. 28, p. 52, p. 55, p. 641, p. 95.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 37.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 15 1914 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 59.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 728, p. 728.
- Monitoring the marine environment of Long Island Sound at Millstone Nuclear Power Station, Waterford, Connecticut: three operational studies, 1986-1987 / [prepared by the Environmental Laboratory staff of Northeast Utilities Service Company]. Waterford, Connecticut: Northeast Utilities,  url , p. 236.
- Natural history. London, Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1907-12. url .
- Natural history: [voyage of the S.S. Discovery under Capt. R.F. Scott] / edited by Jeffrey Bell London: British Museum, 1907-1912 url p. 4.
- Nature and science on the Pacific coast: a guide-book for scientific travelers in the West / edited under the auspices of the Pacific coast committee of the American Association for the Advancement of Science; illustrated with nineteen text figures, twenty-nine half-tone plates and fourteen San Francisco: P. Elder, [c1915] url p. 180, p. 180.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url , p. 55, p. 56, p. 57, p. 58, p. 65.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 222.
- Notes on the Kuril Islands. By Captain H. J. Snow. London, J. Murray, 1897. url p. 43.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869-1941. url p. 167.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 167.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 167.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. London, Printed for H.M. Stationary Off. by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1895. url p. 88.
- On molecular and microscopic science by Mary Somerville. London: J. Murray, 1869 url p. 249, p. 286.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 117, p. 207.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 503, p. 503.
- Oysters, and all about them: being a complete history of the titular subject, exhaustive on all points of necessary and curious information from the earliest writers to those of the present time, with numerous additions, facts, a by John R. Philpots. London: J. Richardson, 1890-91. url p. 1318, p. 166.
- Pflanzenphysiologie; Versuche und Beobachtungen an bheren und niederen Pflanzen einschliesslich Bakteriologie und Hydrobiologie mit Planktonkunde, von R. Kolkwitz. Zwiete, umgearbeitete Auflage. .. Jena, G. Fischer, 1922. url p. 202.
- Phycologia Britannica, or, A history of British sea-weeds: containing coloured figures, generic and specific characters, synonymes, and descriptions of all the species of algae inhabiting the shores of the British Islands / by William Henry Harvey. London: Reeve Brothers, 1846-1851. url , , p. 473.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 318, p. 480, p. xxiv.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 282.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 797.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 78.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 78.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plant-life: popular papers on the phenomena of botany / by Edward Step; with 148 ill. drawn by the author and engraved by W. M. R. Quick. New York: H. Holt, 1883. url p. 203.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 554.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 378.
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url p. 251.
- Principles and practice of harbour construction. London, Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 109.
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url p. 151, p. 88.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 195, p. 198.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 533, p. 533.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 205, p. 23, p. 64, p. 98.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 196, p. 197, p. 455, p. 48, p. 61, p. 757, p. 813, p. 96.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url p. 429, p. 429.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 667, p. 667.
- Proceedings. Royal Society of London. v. 1-75; 1800-1904. London url p. 188.
- Productive farming; or, A familiar digest of the recent discoveries of Liebig, Johnston, Davy, and other celebrated writers on vegetable chemistry; showing how the results of tillage might be greatly augmented. By Joseph A. Smith. New York, D. Appleton & Co., 1843. url p. 138, p. 141.
- Publications - Puget Sound Biological Station. [Seattle?]Puget Sound Biological Station, University of Washington. url p. 152, p. 154, p. 201, p. 209, p. 236, p. 263, p. 264, p. 33, p. 34, p. 44, p. 57, p. 72, p. 73, p. 75, p. 79.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 44, p. 45, p. 9.
- Puget Sound Marine Station publications. Seattle?: Puget Sound Marine Station, University of Washington?, 1915-1917 url p. 152, p. 154, p. 201, p. 209, p. 236, p. 263, p. 264, p. 33, p. 34, p. 44, p. 57, p. 72, p. 73, p. 75, p. 79.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. Oxford, [etc.]Clarendon Press [etc.] url p. 243.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 1140, p. 757, p. 93, p. 94.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1859: agriculture. Washington, D.C.: George Bowman, printer, 1860. url p. 312.
- Report of the Dove Marine Laboratory / the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]: The University, url p. 78.
- Report on the conditions of the sea fisheries of the south coast of New England / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1873. url p. 282, p. 282, p. 285, p. 285, p. 492.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 313, p. 8, p. 84.
- Report upon the invertebrate animals of Vineyard Sound and adjacent waters: with an account of the physical features of the region / by A.E. Verrill and S.T. Smith. Washington: G.P.O., 1874. url p. 198.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 728.
- Researches on Fungi. .. by A. H. Reginald Buller. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1909- url p. 397, p. 88.
- Science papers, chiefly pharmacological and botanical. By Daniel Hanbury. .. Ed., with memoir, by Joseph Ince. .. London, Macmillan, 1876. url p. 530.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 551.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 255, p. 488.
- Sea and inland fisheries: report. DublinStationery Off. url p. 12, p. 21.
- Sea-weeds, shells and fossils by Peter Gray and B. B. Woodward 1886 url p. 20.
- Shells and sea life. Phoenix, AZ: Miranda Enterprises, url p. 53.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url p. 36, p. 87, p. 91, p. 92.
- Smithsonian scientific series. New York: Smithsonian Institution Series, Inc., -32. url p. 184.
- Some recent researches in plant physiology. By W. R. G. Atkins. London, Whittaker & co., 1916. url p. 129, p. 235, p. 54.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 409, p. 418.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 325.
- Text-book of botany, morphological and physiological. By Julius Sachs. Tr. and annotated by Alfred W. Bennett, assisted by W. T. Thiselton Dyer. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1875. url p. 48.
- Text-book of botany: morphological and physiological / by Julius Sachs; edited with an appendix, by Sydney H. Vines Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1883. url p. 47.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 128, p. 129, p. 184.
- The American journal of science. 36 1839 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 385.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 11, p. 12, p. 130, p. 130, p. 134, p. 134, p. 137, p. 137, p. 15, p. 16, p. 192, p. 192, p. 192, p. 253, p. 253, p. 254, p. 254, p. 299, p. 299, p. 318, p. 327, p. 33, p. 335, p. 335, p. 337, p. 337, p. 358, p. 359, p. 361, p. 408, p. 408, p. 54, p. 54.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 56, p. 64.
- The Annual of scientific discovery: or, Year-book of facts in science and art. Boston: Gould, Kendall, and Lincoln, 1850- url p. 184.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url , , p. 113, p. 156, p. 173, p. 176, p. 178, p. 239, p. 249, p. 326, p. 333, p. 382, p. 392, p. 392, p. 404, p. 501, p. 56, p. 57, p. 80, p. 81, p. 88, p. 91.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 430.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 467.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 536.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 35, p. 391.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 1, p. 317, p. 399, p. 41, p. 42.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824-36. url p. 272.
- The Fanciers' journal and poultry exchange. Philadelphia: [Joseph M. Wade, Editor and Proprietor, 1874-1876] url p. 588.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 105, p. 305, p. 38.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 145, p. 38.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 109, p. 197.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 137, p. 45.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 9 1867 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 237, p. 243.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 100, p. 97.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url p. 112, p. 113, p. 146.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 227, p. 93.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 514, p. 518.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 190.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 378.
- The Quarterly journal of science. London: J. Churchill and Sons, etc., 1864-1879. url p. 334.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 200, p. 288, p. 292, p. 293, p. 294, p. 3, p. 6.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 302.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 75.
- The algae of the Arctic Sea, a survey of the species, together with an exposition of the general characters and the development of the flora. Stockholm, Norstedt, 1883. url , , , , , , .
- The algae. London, Macmillan;1962. url p. 173, p. 334, p. 384, p. 400, p. 401, p. 406, p. 422, p. 423, p. 424.
- The biology of the sea-shore, by F.W. Flattely. .. and C.L. Walton. .. with an introduction by J. Arthur Thomson. .. New York, The Macmillan Company url p. 304, p. 305.
- The book of the farm: detailing the labors of the farmer, steward, plowman, hedger, cattle-man, shepherd, field-worker, and dairymaid / by Henry Stephens. New York: C.M. Saxton, 1851. url p. 67.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 365.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 130, p. 131, p. 140, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 145, p. 146, p. 153, p. 17, p. 170, p. 177, p. 182, p. 62, p. 77, p. 84, p. 94.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 104, p. 319.
- The commercial products of the sea or, : Marine contributions to food, industry and art / New York: D. Appleton and company, 1879. url p. 329.
- The commercial products of the sea; or, Marine contributions to food, industry, and art / By P. L. Simmonds. London: Dutton,  url p. 323.
- The commercial products of the vegetable kingdom, considered in their various uses to man and in their relation to the arts and manufactures; forming a practical treatise and handbook of reference for the colonist, manufacturer, merchant, and consume London, Day, 1854. url p. 379.
- The culturing of algae; a symposium. Papers presented at the annual meeting of the Phycological Society of America, New York City, N. Y., December 26-31, 1949. Edited by Jules Brunel, G. W. Prescott, and L. H. Tiffany. [Yellow Springs, Ohio]Charles F. Kettering Foundation, 1950. url p. 90.
- The depths of the ocean: a general account of the modern science of oceanography based largely on the scientific researches of the Norwegian steamer Michael Sars in the North Atlantic / by Sir John Murray and Dr. Johan Hjort; with contributions from Professor A. Appellf, Professor H. H. Gran and Dr. B. Helland-Hansen. London: Macmillan, 1912. url p. 472.
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 489.
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 106.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The fungi / by Frederick A. Wolf and Frederick T. Wolf. New York: J. Wiley,  url p. 469.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 642.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 199.
- The marine algae of the Pacific coast of North America / by William Albert Setchell and Nathaniel Lyon Gardner. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1919-1925. url p. 266, p. 378, p. 595, p. 596, p. 598.
- The marine invertebrates and fishes of St. Andrews / By W. C. M'Intosh. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black; [etc., etc.]1875. url p. 3.
- The metabolism of algae. London, Methuen; url p. 124, p. 125.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects. London, John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 378.
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trbner1881 url p. 103, p. 94.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 209.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; from the German of the late Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver. With the assistance of Lady Busk, and Mrs. M. F. Macdonald; with about two thousand orginal woodcut illustrations. London, Blackie, 1902. url p. 955.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 957.
- The naturalist of Cumbrae; a true story, being the life of David Robertson. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trbner, 1891. url p. 171, p. 382.
- The naturalist of the sea-shore; the life of Philip Henry Gosse. LondonHeinemann1896 url p. 237.
- The nature-printed British sea-weeds: a history, accompanied by figures and dissections of the Algae of the British Isles / By William Grosart Johnstone and Alexander Croall. Nature printed by Henry Bradbury. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1859-1860. url p. 171, p. 199, p. 53.
- The plant, a biography in a series of popular lectures / by M.J. Schleiden; translated by Arthur Henfrey. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 253.
- The polar and tropical worlds: a description of man and nature in the polar and equatorial regions of the globe / by G. Hartwig; edited, with additional chapters, by A. H. Guernsey. San Francisco: A. L. Bancroft, 1871. url p. 133.
- The role of algae and plankton in medicine [by] Morton Schwimmer and David Schwimmer. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1955. url p. 13, p. 16, p. 8, p. 9.
- The sea and its living wonders, London, Longman, Green, & Co.1892. url .
- The sea and its living wonders; a popular account of the marvels of the deep and of the progress of maritime discovery from the earliest ages to the present time, by Dr. G. Hartwig. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1892. url p. 402.
- The sea shore, by W.S. Furneaux. .. With eight plates in colour and over three hundred illustrations in the text. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1922. url p. xvii.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide: a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks / by Augusta Foote Arnold. New York: The Century Co., 1901. url , p. 484, p. 70.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide; a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks. By Augusta Foote Arnold, with more than 600 illustrations. New York, The Century Co., 1901. url p. 484.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 763.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 209, p. 50.
- The vitamins: chemistry, physiology, pathology. Edited by W. H. Sebrell, Jr. [and] Robert S. Harris. New York, Academic Press, 1954. url p. 161.
- The world of the sea. Tr. and enlarged by the Rev. H. Martyn Hart, M. A., fron "Le monde de la mer, " by Mons. Moquin Tandon... London, Casell, Petter and Galpin url .
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 31.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 122, p. 123, p. 163, p. 171, p. 213, p. 285, p. 316, p. 438, p. 452.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 344, p. 344.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 379, p. 393, p. 435, p. 437, p. 440, p. 441, p. 442.
- Transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society. London: John Churchill and Sons, 1867- url p. 243.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 169, p. 260, p. 261, p. 266, p. 396, p. 595, p. 596, p. 597, p. 598.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 3770.
- AlgaeBase. Release date: December 14, 2004
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed May 21, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 15 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal May 21, 2008:
- Biologische Anstalt Helgoland in the Foundation Alfred-Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research: AWI-Herbarium Marine Macroalgae
- GBIF-Spain: Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Algae
- GBIF-Spain: Universitat de València, Colecciones de Criptógamas: VAL_Algae
- GBIF-Sweden: Herbarium of Oskarshamn (OHN)
- Icelandic Institute of Natural History: Herbarium (AMNH)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Gwaii Haanas Marine Plants (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Natural Geography In Shore Areas (NaGISA) Dataset
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Taxonomic Information Sytem for the Belgian coastal area
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility: Botanical Museum, Copenhagen, the Phycology Herbarium
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Countryside Council for Wales - Benthic Marine data from CCW Technical Support (Research & Monitoring) Contracts
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Countryside Council for Wales - Pembrokeshire Marine Species Atlas
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Countryside Council for Wales - Survey of North Wales and Pembrokeshire tide influenced communities.
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Marine Nature Conservation Review (MNCR) and associated benthic marine data held and managed by JNCC
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Marine Biological Association - Marine Life Survey Data (collected by volunteers) collated by MarLIN
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Marine Biological Association - Marine survey data (Professional) held by MarLIN.
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Marine Conservation Society - Seasearch Marine Surveys
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Natural England - Marine Nature Conservation Review (MNCR) and associated benthic marine data held and managed by English Nature
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Scottish Natural Heritage - Marine Nature Conservation Review (MNCR) and associated benthic marine data held and managed by Scottish Natural Heritage
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 437558
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Alg-80
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5213960
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1422835