Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Lizard, Viviparous Lizard
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Spanish:
Lagartija de Turbera
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 594 meters (0 to 1,949 feet).
This species has been recorded from a wide variety of habitats
grassland, meadows, humid scrubland, hedgerows, open woodland, woodland
, peat bogs
edges, coastal areas (sea
dunes) and rural gardens.
In most areas the female gives birth to between three and 11 fully formed young. In northern Spain, adjacent France, Austria, Italy and Slovenia, the female lays between one and 13 eggs in a single clutch . In the northern portion of the range and at high altitude it is viviparous, in the southern portion it is oviparous ..
List of Habitats:
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.4 Shrubland - Temperate
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.4 Wetlands (inland) - Bogs, Marshes, Swamps , Fens , Peatlands
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.3 Artificial/Terrestrial - Plantations
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Lacerta herseyi Austin 1992: 35 • Lacerta vivipara • Lacerta vivipara var. carniolica WERNER 1897 (Nomen Nudum) • Lacerta vivipara Von Jacquin 1787: 33 • Lacerta vivipara — Boulenger 1887: 23 • Lacerta vivipara — DumÉril & Bibron 1839: 204 • Lacerta vivipara — Engelmann Et Al 1993 • Lacerta vivipara — Stejneger 1907: 251 • Lacerta vivipara — Szczerbak 2003 • Zootica vivpara Stork 1838: 413 • Zootica [sic] vivpara — Stork 1838: 413 • Zootoca vivipara var. nigra Gray 1857: 107 • Zootoca vivipara — Arnold Et Al. 2007 • Zootoca vivipara — Bischoff 2005 • Zootoca vivipara — Mayer & Bischoff 1996 • Zootoca vivipara — Necas Et Al. 1997 • Zootoca vivipara — Wells 1846: 449
Status: Accepted Name
Comment: Zootoca is a subgenus of Lacerta, but has been considered as valid genus too. Note that Lacerta (= Zootoca) vivipara carniolica MAYER et al. 2000 is not identical to Lacerta vivipara var. carniolica WERNER, 1897, which is a nomen nudum . Lacerta vivipara is viviparous throughout most of its range , but oviparous in the extreme southwest portion (Heulin et al., 1989). However, although lizards from the oviparous and viviparous populations are similar in many respects, they produce significant numbers of embryonic malformations when hybridized in the laboratory (Heulin et al., 1989). In Z. vivipara, male mortality and emigration are not higher under male-biased adult sex ratio . Rather, an excess of adult males begets aggression toward adult females, whose survival and fecundity drop, along with their emigration rate (GALLIARD et al. 2005). The description of Lacerta herseyi is certainly not sufficient to establish a new species. His description seems to be based on an aberrant L. vivipara that displays an unusual behavior (leaping lizard). Reptile of the year 2006.
This species is placed in the genus Zootoca, rather than Lacerta, following Mayer and Bischoff (1996). The species contains a number of different lineages , some of which might constitute separate species (see Bea et al. (1990), Surget-Groba et al. (2001, 2002), Mayer and Böhme (2000), and Mayer et al. (2000) for further details)..
Members of the genus Zootoca
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A course of instruction in zootomy (vertebrata). London, Macmillan, 1884. url p. 130, p. 130, p. 155, p. 155, p. 156, p. 156.
- A course of instruction in zootomy. (Vertebrata) London, Macmillan and Co., 1884. url , , .
- A guide to the quadrupeds and reptiles of Europe: with descriptions of all the species / compiled from the latest writers by Lord Clermont. London: J. Van Voorst, 1859. url p. 183.
- A history of British reptiles / by Thomas Bell. ..; illustrated by more than 50 wood-engravings. London: J. Van Voorst, 1849. url , p. 25, p. 33, p. 46, p. 50.
- A history of British reptiles. London: J. Van Voorst, 1849. url , p. 25, p. 46, p. 67.
- A manual of natural history, for the use of travellers: being a description of the families of the animal and vegetable kindgoms: with remarkable on the practical study of geology and meteorology. To which are appended directions for collecting and preserv London: J. Van Voorst, 1854. url p. 56, p. 749.
- A manual of zoology for the use of students: with a general introd. on the principles of zoology / by Henry Alleyne Nicholson. London: William Blackwood 8 Sons, 1887. url p. 411.
- A manual of zoology. .. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1870. url p. 549.
- A treatise on comparative embryology. London, Macmillan and Co., 1885. url p. 17, p. 491.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 127, p. 52, p. 83.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 202, p. 296.
- An introduction to the study of zoology. London, S. Sonnenschein, 1895. url .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 351, p. 49.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 309.
- Animal coloration; an account of the principal facts and theories relating to the colours and markings of animals. London, Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Animate creation: popular edition of "Our living world": a natural history / by the Rev. J.G. Wood. New York: Selmar Hess, c1898. url p. 46.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url , , p. 223, p. 223, p. 24, p. 24, p. 24, p. 488, p. 488, p. vii.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 63.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 12 1971 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 1.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 252.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 114 1955 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 33.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1896. url p. 412.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 242, p. 289, p. 405, p. 572, p. 770, p. 992.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 242, p. 289, p. 405, p. 572, p. 770, p. 992.
- Catalogue of the Specimens of lizards in the collection of the British museum. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1845. url , , p. 27.
- Catalogue of the lizards in the British museum (Natural history) / London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1885-87. url .
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 165.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 199.
- Contributions to natural history and papers on other subjects / by James Simson. New York: J. Miller, c1878. url p. 37.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 17.
- Course of instruction in zootomy (vertebrata) London, MacMillan, 1884. url p. 130, p. 155, p. 156.
- Descriptive catalogue of the specimens of natural history in spirit contained in the Museum of the Royal college of surgeons of England. Vertebrata: Pisces, Reptilia, Aves, Mammalia. London, Taylor and Francis, 1859. url p. 97.
- Elements of the comparative anatomy of vertebrates. London, Macmillan, 1897. url .
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Fauna and flora of Haileybury. Hartford, Stephen Austin, 1902. url p. 18.
- Forest tithes, and other studies from nature, by a son of the marshes. Edited by J. A. Owen. London: Smith, Elder, 1893. url p. 112.
- Half-hours in the green lanes: a book for a country stroll / by J. E. Taylor. London: W. H. Allen & Company, 1898. url p. 101.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 168, p. 224, p. 225, p. 281, p. 283.
- Illustrated natural history of the animal kingdom, being a systematic and popular description of the habits, structure, and classification of animals from the highest to the lowest forms, with their r New-YorkDerby & Jackson1859 url p. 376.
- Introduction to zoology... / by Robert Patterson London: Simms and MIntyre, 1854 url , p. 268.
- Journal of anatomy and physiology. Cambridge [Eng., etc.]University Press url p. 144.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 214.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 426.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 351.
- Loudon's Natural History. Popular descriptions, tales and anecdotes of more than five hundred animals. London, G. Bell and sons, 1889. url .
- Memoirs read before the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, [Boston Society of Natural History]1862-1946. url p. 561.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 94.
- Natural history: reptiles / by P.H. Gosse. London: printed for the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1850. url p. 124, p. 142.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 440.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 440.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 572.
- Observations in natural history: with an introduction on habits of observing, as connected with the study of that science. Also a calendar of periodic phenomena in natural history; with remarks on the importance of such registers / by the rev. Leonard Jenys. London: John van Voorst, 1846. url p. 197, p. 66.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. .. By Richard Owen. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1866-68. url p. 617.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. LondonLongmans, Green1866-68 url p. 617.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 11.
- Our country's animals and how to know them. A guide to the mammals, reptiles and amphibians of Great Britain. With plates and diagrams by R.E. Holding. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent url p. 117.
- Our reptiles and batrachians; a plain and easy account of the lizards, snakes, newts, toads, frogs and tortoises indigenous to Great Britain, by M. C. Cooke. .. with original figures of every species and numerous woodcuts. 1893 London, W. H. Allen & co., limited, 1893. url p. 200.
- Our reptiles. A plain and easy account of the lizards, snakes, newts, toads, frogs, and tortoises indigenous to Great Britain. By M. C. Cooke. London: R. Hardwicke, 1865. url p. 192, p. 22.
- Outlines of zoology / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: D. Appleton, 1906. url p. 605, p. 606.
- Outlines of zoology, Edinburgh, H. Frowde and Hodder & Stoughton, 1899. url , , .
- Outlines of zoology, New York, D. Appleton & Co., 1895. url , .
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 661.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 102, p. 94.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 304, p. 596.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 1093, p. 215.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 173.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 12, p. 61, p. 71.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. 1860 London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 174, p. 196, p. 196, p. 243, p. 268, p. 268, p. 269, p. 269, p. 726, p. 730, p. 730.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 210, p. 551, p. 553, p. 79.
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 34.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1081.
- Somerset archaeology and natural history: the proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Taunton: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. url p. 118, p. 147.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 107, p. 107, p. 449, p. 449, p. 501, p. 501, p. 504, p. 504.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 143.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 117, p. 247, p. 255.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 115.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 42 1982 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 347.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 31.
- The Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History. Cincinnati: The Society, 1878/79 [i.e. 1878 or 1879]-1945. url p. 71.
- The Naturalist. 1897 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 255, p. 79.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 236, p. 87.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 661.
- The Riverside natural history. Ed. by John Sterling Kingsley. Articles by C.C. Abbott, J.A. Allen, W.B. Barrows [etc.]. .. Illustrated by more than twenty-two hundred woodcuts in the text, one hundred and sixty-eight full-page engr Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and Company[c1888] url p. 435.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 31 1947 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 269.
- The Victoria history of the county of Durham / ed. by William Page, F.S. A. London: [A. Constable and company, limited], 1905- url p. 174.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 81.
- The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1896. url .
- The descent of man: and selection in relation to sex / New York: P. F. Collier, 1902. url , .
- The experimental method of testing the efficiency of warning and cryptic coloration in protecting animals from their enemies, [PhiladelphiaAcademy of Natural Sciences]1912. url .
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 296.
- The illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new designs by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey, etc. etc.; engraved by the brothers Dalziel. London: G. Routledge, [188-?] url p. 41.
- The life-history of British lizards: and their local distribution in the British Isles / by Gerald R. Leighton. Edinburgh: George A. Morton; 1903. url p. 54.
- The life-history of British serpents and their local distribution in the British Isles / by Gerald R. Leighton. Edinburgh and London: W. Blackwood and Sons, 1901. url p. 51.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne; &, A garden kalendar / by Gilbert White; edited by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with an introduction to the Garden kalendar by the Very Reverend S. Reynolds Hole; & numerous illustrations by Edmund J. Sullivan. London: S.T. Freemantle, 1900. url , p. 73.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton. By the late Rev. Gilbert White. Ed. by Thomas Bell. London, J. Van Voorst, 1877. url p. 366.
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url .
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , , .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, by Geo. M. Thomson. Cambridge [Eng.]: The University Press, 1922. url p. 578.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url , p. 221, p. 222, p. 223, p. 224, p. 372.
- The nature book; a popular description by pen and camera of the delights and beauties of the open air. London, Cassell, 1908-09. url p. 506.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. 1 London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 23, p. 86.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 168.
- The standard natural history / edited by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston: S.E. Cassino, 1884-85. url p. 435.
- The standard natural history. Boston, S. E. Cassino and Company, 1884-85. url .
- The study of animal life / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1906. url p. 260.
- The study of animal life, New York, C. Scribner's sons [printed at the Edinburgh press]1896. url .
- The treasury of natural history; or, A popular dictionary of animated nature: in which the zoological characteristics that distinguish the different classes, genera, and species, are combined with a variety of interesting information illustrative of the habits, instincts, and g By Samuel Maunder. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1852. url p. 756.
- The works of Francis Maitland Balfour edited by M. Foster and Adam Sedgwick. London: Macmillan, 1885. url p. 598, p. 810.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url , p. 589, p. 67, p. 68, p. 70.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 169.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 266.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 502, p. 91.
- Wonders of organic life. LondonReligious Tract Society url p. 61.
- Works, ed. by M. Foster and A. Sedgwick. London, MacMillan, 1885. url , p. 598.
- Zoological classification; a handy book of reference with tables of the subkingdoms, classes, orders, etc., of the animal kingdom, their characters and lists of the families and principal genera. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 202.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 1068, p. 1624, p. 1625, p. 408, p. 7172, p. 7172.
- Agasyan, A., Avci, A., Tuniyev, B., Crnobrnja Isailovic, J., Lymberakis, P., Andrén, Dan Cogalniceanu, C., Wilkinson, J., Ananjeva, N., Üzüm, N., Orlov, N., Podloucky, R., Tuniyev, S., Kaya, U., Böhme, W., Nettmann, H.K., Crnobrnja Isailovic, J., Joger, U., Cheylan, M., Pérez-Mellado, V., Borczyk, B., Sterijovski, B., Westerström, A. & Schmidt, B. 2010. Zootoca vivipara. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 05February2012.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-2006. Systema Naturae 2000. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed October 3, 2006.
- European Reptile & Amphibian Specialist Group 1996. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 19, 2008.
- European Reptile and Amphibian Specialist Group 1996. Lacerta vivipara. In: IUCN 2004. 2004 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. www.redlist.org . Downloaded on 30 January 2005.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 27, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- TIGR Reptile Database . Release date: October 2, 2007
- Uetz, Peter. The Reptile Database
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 27, 2008:
- Bialowieza National Park: Amphibian observations from Nida Valley
- Carnegie Museums: Amphibians and Reptiles
- European Environment Agency: EUNIS
- Finnish Museum of Natural History: Hatikka Observation Data Gateway
- GBIF-Sweden: Herpetology (NRM)
- GBIF-Sweden: Reptiles and Amphibians of the Gothenburg Natural History Museum
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS: Atlas of the Amphibians and Reptiles of Poland
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS: National System of Proetcted Areas
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Biological Records Centre - Reptiles and Amphibians Dataset
- UK National Biodiversity Network: East Ayrshire Countryside Ranger Service - East Ayrshire Species Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Highland Biological Recording Group - HBRG Fish and Herptiles dataset
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- UK National Biodiversity Network: The Herpetological Conservation Trust - The HCT Rare Species Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Wiltshire and Swindon Biological Records Centre - Reptile Records for Wiltshire 1900 - 2003
- University of Navarra, Museum of Zoology: Museum of Zoology, University of Navarra
- Yale University Peabody Museum: Peabody Herp Collection DiGIR provider Service
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 209413
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Rep-3689
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490765
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 209055
- IUCN ID: 249722
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 875436
- Mean = 133.590 meters (438.287 feet), Standard Deviation = 152.770 based on 7,417 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- Agasyan, A., Avci, A., Tuniyev, B., Crnobrnja Isailovic, J., Lymberakis, P., Andrén, Dan Cogalniceanu, C., Wilkinson, J., Ananjeva, N., Üzüm, N., Orlov, N., Podloucky, R., Tuniyev, S., Kaya, U., Böhme, W., Nettmann, H.K., Crnobrnja Isailovic, J., Joger, U., Cheylan, M., Pérez-Mellado, V., Borczyk, B., Sterijovski, B., Westerström, A. & Schmidt, B. 2010. Zootoca vivipara. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. [back]