Family : Pricklebacks ;
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Crinkly dick, Radiated Ptero, radiated shanny
Common Names in French:
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
Common Names in Wayana:
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -5,354 meters (0 to -17,566 feet).
Biome: Marine .
Pholis subbifurcatus • Pholis subbifurcatus Storer • Pholis subbifurcatus Storer, 1839 • Ulvaria subbifurcata
Members of the genus Ulvaria
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Catalogue of the fishes of New York. By Tarleton H. Bean. .. Albany, University of the state of New York, 1903. url p. 667, p. 669.
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 163, p. 164, p. 860.
- A checklist of Canadian Atlantic fishes with keys for identification / Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, 1965 url p. 15, p. 74.
- A guide book to the marine fishes of Rhode Island. Photos by the author. Watch Hill, R. I., Book and Tackle Shop url p. 75.
- An annotated catalogue of the fishes of Maine. Portland, Me., 1914. url p. 133, p. 62, p. 73.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url , .
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 667.
- Annual report of the Commissioners of Inland Fisheries made to the General Assembly / State of Rhode Island. Providence: The Commissioners. url p. 151, p. 176.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 13, p. 2440.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 163, p. 164, p. 5, p. 566.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 180, p. 182, p. 256.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , , .
- Contributions. Providence, R. I. url p. 176.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 201, p. 203, p. 31, p. 617.
- Fauna of New England, 8. List of the pisces, by William C. Kendall. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the G. Saltonstall Fund, 1908. url , p. 134.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url .
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , p. 107, p. 110, p. 112, p. 201, p. 204.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 499.
- Fishes of the Gulf of Maine, by Henry B. Bigelow and William C. Schroeder. Washington, United States Government Printing Office, 1953. url p. 320, p. 337, p. 498, p. 577.
- Fishes of the Gulf of Maine. By Henry B. Bigelow. .. and William W. Welsh. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1925. url p. 5, p. 566.
- Guide to marine fishes; [a new method for identification of marine fishes. New York]New York University Press url p. 401.
- Monitoring the marine environment of Long Island Sound at Millstone Nuclear Power Station, Waterford, Connecticut: three operational studies, 1986-1987 / [prepared by the Environmental Laboratory staff of Northeast Utilities Service Company]. Waterford, Connecticut: Northeast Utilities,  url p. 299, p. 304.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869-1941. url .
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url , p. 3303.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 224.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 16.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 475, p. 475.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 470.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 55.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 29, p. 74.
- The fishes of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum, 1896-1900. url p. 3303.
- [A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1913] url p. 163, p. 164.
- American Fisheries Society. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United states, Canada, and Mexico Sixth Edition. Special Publication 29.
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 02, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 5 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 02, 2008:
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates: Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: A Biological Survey of the Waters of Woods Hole and Vacinity
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: DFO Maritimes Research Vessel Trawl Surveys Fish Observations (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: ECNASAP - East Coast North America Strategic Assessment (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Electronic Atlas of Ichthyoplankton on the Scotian Shelf of North America (OBIS Canada)
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Fish Collection
- Royal Ontario Museum: Fish specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 140473
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-25038
- Fishbase Species ID: 3796
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13851960
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 171616
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFCSC18010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 127309