- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- P. Fischer, 1884
- Infraorder: Discopoda ()
- Suborder: Discopoda () - P. Fischer, 1884
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Turritella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 6 species and subspecies in this genus:
T. acropora (Boring Turretsnail) · T. communis (Common Turret-Shell) · T. cooperi (Symmetrical Turretsnail) · T. exoleta (Eastern Turretsnail) · T. orthosymmetrica (Symmetrical Turretsnail) · T. variegata (Variegate Turretsnail)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A history of British animals: exhibiting the descriptive characters and systematical arrangement of the genera and species of quadrupeds, birds, reptiles, fishes, mollusca, and radiata of the United Kingdom; including the indigeno by John Fleming. Edinburgh: Printed for Bell & Bradfute; 1828. url p. 304.
- A monograph of the British Palaeozoic Asterozoa London, Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, 1913 [i.e. 1914]-1965. url .
- History of British animals / by John Fleming. Edinburgh: Bell & Bradfute; 1828. url p. 304.
- Illustrations of the fossil conchology of Great Britain and Ireland: with the description and localities of all the species / by Captain Thomas Brown. London: Smith, Elder, 1849. url p. 69.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 465, p. 466, p. 91.
- Monograph of the Palaeontographical Society. London: Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, [1847?- url .
- Proceedings of the Geological Society of London. London: The Society, 1834-1845. url p. 126.
- Systematic list of the Frederick E. Edwards collection of British oligocene and eocene Mollusca in the British Museum (Natural History), with references to the type-specimens from similar horizons con LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1891 url p. 206.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 44.
- The American journal of science. 1820 2 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 44.
- The London and Edinburgh philosophical magazine and journal of science. London: Richard and John E. Taylor, 1832-1840. url p. 406.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 25, p. 421.
- The Quarterly journal of the Geological Society of London. London [etc.] url p. 229, p. 240, p. 257.
- The fossils of the South Downs: or, Illustrations of the geology of Sussex / by Gideon Mantell; the engravings executed by Mrs. Mantell, from drawings by the author. London: L. Relfe, 1822. url p. 326.
- The geology and fossils of the Tertiary and Cretaceous formations of Sussex by Frederick Dixon. London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1850. url , p. 101, p. 180, p. 181.
- The mineral conchology of Great Britain; or, Coloured figures and descriptions of those remains of testaceous animals or shells, which have been preserved at various times and depths in the earth / By James Sowerby. London: Printed by B. Meredith [etc.], 1812- url , , p. 243.
- Transactions of the Geological Society. London: [The Society], 1811-1856. url p. 172, p. 373.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 24, 2007:
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database