- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- P. Fischer, 1884
- Infraorder: Discopoda ()
- Suborder: Discopoda () - P. Fischer, 1884
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Turritella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 6 species and subspecies in this genus:
T. acropora (Boring Turretsnail) · T. communis (Common Turret-Shell) · T. cooperi (Symmetrical Turretsnail) · T. exoleta (Eastern Turretsnail) · T. orthosymmetrica (Symmetrical Turretsnail) · T. variegata (Variegate Turretsnail)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalog of recent Mollusca from all parts of the world. St. Petersburg, Fa: W.F. Webb, 19--. url p. 153, p. 99.
- A catalogue of the shells contained in the collection of the late Earl of Tankerville: arranged according to the Lamarckian conchological system; together with an appendix containing descriptions of many new species / by G. B. Sowerby; illustrated with several coloured plates. London: Printed by E. J. Stirling for G. B. Sowerby, 1825. url p. 56.
- A catalogue of the shells, arranged according to the Lamarckian system: with their authorities, synonymes, and references to works where figured or described: together with a supplement containing additional species, corrections, and alterations / contained in the collection of John C. Jay. New York: Craighead, 1852. url p. 313.
- A conchological manual / by G.B. Sowerby, jun. London: H.G. Bohn, 1852. url p. 312.
- A history of British Mollusca and their shells / by Edward Forbes and Sylvanus Hanley. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 175.
- A manual of conchology, according to the system laid down by Lamarck, with the late improvements by De Blainville exemplified and arranged for the use of students. By Thomas Wyatt. New York, Harper & brothers, 1838. url p. 138.
- A monograph of the Crag Mollusca: with descriptions of shells from the upper Tertiaries of the British Isles / by Searles V. Wood. London: Printed for the Palæontographical society, 1848-82. url p. 208, p. 75.
- A monograph of the Crag mollusca; or, Descriptions of shells from the middle and upper Tertiaries of the east of England / by Searles V. Wood. London, Palaeontographical Society, 1848-1874. url p. 208.
- A popular history of the Mollusca; comprising a familiar account of their classification, instincts and habits, and of the growth and distinguishing characters of their shells. By Mary Roberts. London, Reeve and Benham, 1851. url .
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 25.
- Catalogue of the Doane collection of shells, presented by Mrs. Rose Delano to the Marion natural history society. s.n., The Wareham press, 19--? url p. 38.
- Catalogue of the mollusca, in the collection of the Government Central Museum, Madras. Madras: Printed at the Asylum Press, by William Thomas, 1867. url p. 28.
- Conchologia systematica, or Complete system of conchology: in which the Lepades and conchiferous Mollusca are described and classified according to their natural organization and habits. By Lovell Reeve. .. In two volumes. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans;1841-1842. url p. 172.
- Duplicate shells collected by the United States Exploring Expedition, under Capt. C. Wilkes, U.S.N. Washington, D.C.: The Institution, 1865 url p. 3.
- Elements of natural history, adapted to the present state of the science, containing the generic characters of nearly the whole animal kingdom, and the descriptions of the principal species. By John Stark. .. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood; [etc., etc.], 1828. url p. 42.
- Figures of molluscous animals, selected from various authors. Etched for the use of students by Maria Emma Gray. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1859. url p. 28.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 800.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 9 1913 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 374.
- Lamarck's genera of shells: with a catalogue of species / translated from the French by Augustus A. Gould Boston: Allen and Ticknor, 1833 url p. 79.
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 224, p. 224, p. 226, p. 248, p. 248, p. 248, p. 444, p. 444.
- Monograph of the Palaeontographical Society. London: Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, [1847?- url , .
- On growth and form / by D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson. Cambridge: University Press; 1945. url p. 772, p. 773, p. 816.
- On growth and form. Cambridge [Eng.]University press, 1917. url p. 557.
- Principles of geology; being an attempt to explain the former changes of the earth's surface, by reference to causes now in operation. London, J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 455.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 321.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 340.
- Quarterly journal of conchology. London, D. Bogue. url p. 75.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 245.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 534, p. 534.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 216.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 226, p. 226.
- The conchologist / Boston: Russell, Odiorne & Metcalf, 1834. url p. 187.
- The conchologist's first book, or, A system of testaceous malachology, arranged expressly for the use of schools: in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, and a great number of new species added: with colored illustrations of two hundred and fifteen shells, presenting a correct type Philadelphia: Barrington and Haswell, 1845. url p. 126.
- The conchologist's first book: a system of testaceous malacology, arranged expressly for the use of schools, in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, a great number of new Philadelphia, Pub. for the Author, by Haswell, Barrington, and Haswell, 1840. url p. 126.
- Treatise on Malacology; or, the natural classification of shells and shell fish. By William Swainson. .. London: Printed for Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans [etc.], 1840. url p. 343, p. 343, p. 343.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 08, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- National Chemical Laboratory, IndOBIS, Indian Ocean Node of OBIS