Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
American Robin, black-backed robin, Canada robin, Cape robin, Carolinian robin, common robin, Migratory thrush, northern robin, northwestern robin, Red-breasted thrush, redbreast, Robin redbreast, Rocky Mountain robin, San Lucas robin, southern robin, western robin
Common Names in French:
Merle américain / Merle migrateur, Merle D'am, merle d'AmÃ©rique, merle d'Amérique
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Mirlo americano, Mirlo primavera, RobÌn Americano
Common Names in Swedish:
Adult Female: Head : dark brownish gray Bill: yellow Body: Breast: chestnut orange Upperparts: dark brownish gray.Adult Male: Head: blackish Face : Eye Ring: broken , white Bill: yellow Neck: Throat : white with black stripes Body: Lower Belly: white Upper Belly: brick red Breast: brick red Upperparts: dark brownish gray Tail: black with white outer corners Undertail Coverts: white.
Well-known for its brick-red breast. Brown above with a dark head and a noticeable white eye-ring. The throat is mottled , and the belly is white. Females and young birds have a somewhat lighter grayish-brown breast and head, and young birds have a speckled, but still slightly reddish breast.
About 10 inches long, with a wingspan of 14 to 16 inches. Adults weigh about 2.7 ounces .
Vegetation: tropical lowland evergreen forest, pine-oak forests, tropical lowland evergreen forest, pine forests, tropical lowland evergreen forest, second-growth forests and woodlands • Minimum Elevation: 1,200 meters • Maximum Elevation: 4,000 meters • Foraging Strata: Canopy • Center of Abundance: Middle montane: mountains, middle range, 1,600-2,600 m. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Low
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,911 meters (0 to 9,551 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 1.6 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Lowland
- 1.9 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Montane
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.4 Shrubland - Temperate
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 3.6 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Moist
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.3 Artificial/Terrestrial - Plantations
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas
- 14.6 Artificial/Terrestrial - Subtropical/Tropical Heavily Degraded Former Forest [more info]
Mostly: Fruit. Lesser Quantities of: Insects Worms.
The breeding season
lasts from April through August. Cup-shaped nests
are built 2-7 m
) above ground
in many types
. A Robin's nest
, usually constructed of woven grass
, is distinguished
by generous mud
reinforcement. The female lays
4 - 5 light blue eggs
which she incubates for 13 days. Nestlings are altricial. Both the
male and female feed
the young birds, which fledge
from the nest
after 15 days.
- Breeding Habitat : Urban
- Nest Location: Mid-story/canopy nesting
- Nest Type: Open-cup
- Clutch Size: 3-4
- Length of Incubation : 12-14 days
- Days to Fledge: 14-16
- Number of Broods: 2, occasionally 3
The American Robin inhabits a wide variety of natural and human-modified
areas, including forest
, parks, and suburban towns. The Robin
has a conspicuous
style of foraging
. It walks quickly along the ground
pausing frequently to scan the ground for prey
, sometimes with its
to one side. Robins pull earthworms, insects, and insect
larvae from the ground and glean berries
Often seen walking, with an erect stance, across lawns in cities or towns. In winter, flocks may be seen in berry-bearing trees and bushes.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Turdus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 108 species and subspecies in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
T. abyssinicus (Northern Olive Thrush) · T. abyssinicus abyssinicus (Northern Olive Thrush) · T. albicollis (White-Necked Thrush) · T. albicollis albicollis (White-Necked Thrush) · T. albocinctus (White-Collared Blackbird) · T. amaurochalinus (Creamy-Bellied Thrush) · T. assimilis (White-Throated Thrush) · T. assimilis assimilis (White-Throated Thrush) · T. aurantius (White-Chinned Thrush) · T. bewsheri (Comoros Thrush) · T. bewsheri bewsheri (Comoros Thrush) · T. boulboul (Gray-Winged Blackbird) · T. cardis (Japanese Grey Thrush) · T. cardis cardis (Japanese Grey Thrush) · T. celaenops (Seven Islands Thrush) · T. chiguanco (Chiguanco Thrush) · T. chiguanco chiguanco (Chiguanco Thrush) · T. chrysolaus (Brown Thrush) · T. chrysolaus chrysolaus (Brown-Headed Thrush) · T. dissimilis (Black-Breasted Thrush) · T. falcklandii (Austral Thrush) · T. falcklandii falcklandii (Austral Thrush) · T. feae (Gray-Sided Thrush) · T. flavipes (Yellow-Legged Thrush) · T. fulviventris (Chestnut-Bellied Thrush) · T. fumigatus (Cocoa Thrush) · T. fumigatus fumigatus (Cocoa Thrush) · T. fuscater (Great Thrush) · T. fuscater fuscater (Great Thrush) · T. grayi (Clay-Coloured Thrush) · T. grayi grayi (Clay-Coloured Thrush) · T. graysoni (Grayson's Thrush) · T. haplochrous (Unicoloured Thrush) · T. hauxwelli (Hauxwell's Thrush) · T. helleri (Taita Olive Thrush) · T. hortulorum (Gray-Backed Thrush) · T. ignobilis (Black-Billed Thrush) · T. iliacus (Red-Winged Thrush) · T. iliacus iliacus (Red-Winged Thrush) · T. infuscatus (Black Thrush) · T. jamaicensis (White-Eyed Thrush) · T. kessleri (White-Backed Thrush) · T. lawrencii (Lawrence's Thrush) · T. leucomelas (Pale-Breasted Thrush) · T. leucomelas leucomelas (Pale-Breasted Thrush) · T. leucops (Pale-Eyed Thrush) · T. lherminieri (Forest Thrush) · T. libonyanus (Kurrichane Thrush) · T. libonyanus libonyanus (Kurrichane Thrush) · T. ludoviciae (Somali Blackbird) · T. maculirostris (Ecuadorean Thrush) · T. maranonicus (Mara??n Thrush) · T. menachensis (Yemen Thrush) · T. merula (Eurasian Blackbird) · T. merula merula (Eurasian Blackbird) · T. migratorius (Rocky Mountain Robin) · T. migratorius achrusterus (American Robin) · T. migratorius migratorius (Robin) · T. migratorius propinquus (American Robin) · T. mupinensis (Mongolian Song Thrush) · T. naumanni (Naumann's Thrush) · T. naumanni naumanni (Naumann's Thrush) · T. nigrescens (Sooty Thrush) · T. nigriceps (Andean Slaty-Thrush) · T. nudigenis (Spectacled Thrush) · T. nudigenis nudigenis (American Bare-Eyed Thrush) · T. obscurus (Olive-Colored Thrush) · T. obscurus obscurus (Olive-Colored Thrush) · T. obsoletus (Pale-Vented Thrush) · T. obsoletus obsoletus (Pale-Vented Thrush) · T. olivaceofuscus (Gulf of Guinea Thrush) · T. olivaceofuscus olivaceofuscus (Gulf of Guinea Thrush) · T. olivaceus (Northern Olive Thrush) · T. olivaceus abyssinicus (Northern Olive Thrush) · T. olivaceus olivaceus (Olive Thrush) · T. olivater (Black-Hooded Thrush) · T. olivater olivater (Black-Hooded Thrush) · T. pallidus (Pale Thrush) · T. pelios (West African Thrush) · T. philomelos (Song Thrush) · T. philomelos philomelos (Song Thrush) · T. pilaris (Fieldfare) · T. plebejus (American Mountain Thrush) · T. plebejus plebejus (American Mountain Thrush) · T. plumbeus (Porto Rican Thrush) · T. plumbeus ardosiaceus (Red-Legged Thrush) · T. poliocephalus (Island Thrush) · T. poliocephalus poliocephalus (Guadalupe Rufous-Sided Towhee) · T. ravidus (Grand Cayman Thrush) · T. reevei (Plumbeous-Backed Thrush) · T. rubrocanus (Grey-Headed Thrush) · T. rubrocanus rubrocanus (Grey-Headed Thrush) · T. ruficollis (Black-Throated Thrush) · T. ruficollis ruficollis (Black-Throated Thrush) · T. rufitorques (Rufous-Collared Thrush) · T. rufiventris (Rufous-Bellied Thrush) · T. rufiventris rufiventris (Rufous-Bellied Thrush) · T. rufopalliatus (Rufous-Backed Thrush) · T. serranus (Glossy Black Thrush) · T. subalaris (Eastern Slaty Slaty Thrush)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url .
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 4.
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 22, p. 23.
- A check list of North-American birds by Elliott Coues. Salem, Mass.: F.W. Putnam, 1879. url .
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 15.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 250, p. 791.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 771, p. 771, p. 771, p. 791.
- A distributional list of the birds of Arizona / Hollywood, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1914. url .
- A faunal investigation of Prince Edward County, Ontario / Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1941. url p. 73.
- A faunal investigation of the Sault Ste. Marie region, Ontario / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, 1942. url p. 139.
- A faunal investigation of western Rainy River District, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1938. url p. 200.
- A geographic classification of Neotropical mammals. 36 1958 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1958. url p. 644.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 272.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 348.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 313.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 307.
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 213, p. 222.
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. 1 1905 Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url figures , p. 27, p. 30, p. 48, p. 526, p. 76.
- A history of North American birds Boston, Little, Brown and Co., 1874. url p. 25.
- A history of North American birds land birds / by S. F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1874. url p. 25, p. 25, p. 27, p. 27.
- A history of North American birds, by S.F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Land birds, illustrated by 64 chromo-lithographic plates and 593 woodcuts. Boston, Little, Brown, 1875. url p. 499, p. 526.
- A history of the birds of Europe, not observed in the British Isles / by C. R. Bree. London: G. Bell & Sons, 1875-1876. url p. 154, p. 33.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , p. 417.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 3.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 328.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 61.
- A list of the birds of Hudson highlands: with annotations / by Edgar A. Mearns. [s.l.: s.n.], 1878-1881. url p. 109, p. 111, p. 7.
- A list of the birds of New Hampshire. By Glover M. Allen Manchester, N.H., Nature press, 1903. url p. 220, p. 31.
- A monograph of the seal-islands of Alaska. By Henry W. Elliott. Reprinted, with additions, from the report on the fishery industries of the tenth census. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1882. url p. 127, p. 127, p. 174.
- A naturalist's rambles about home. By Charles C. Abbott New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1884 url .
- A popular zoology / by J. Dorman Steele and J.W.P. Jenks. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c 1887. url p. 127, p. 319.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 526, p. 526.
- A preliminary catalog of the birds of Missouri / St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis, 1907. url .
- A review of the birds of Connecticut / by C. Hart Merriam. New Haven, [Conn.]: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, Printers, 1877. url p. 144.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 475.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. London, S. Sonnenschein and Co.;1898-1909. url p. 475.
- A survey of natural areas in Brunswick County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url .
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 13.
- A year with the birds / by Wilson Flagg. Boston: Educational Pub. Co., 1890, c1889. url .
- A year with the birds; or, The birds and seasons of New England. Boston, Educational publishing co.. url .
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932]. url p. 66.
- American ornithology, or, The natural history of the birds of the United States: illustrated with plates engraved from drawings from nature / by Alexander Wilson and Charles Lucian Bonaparte. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, [1878?] url p. 32.
- American ornithology: or, The natural history of the birds of the United States / Philadelphia: Porter and Coates, [187-?] url .
- An illustrated manual of British birds. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1899. url .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 107, p. 54, p. 54.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 326.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 72.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 364.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 210.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 372.
- Appendices A-E: terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River NPL sites. Helena?, Mont.: Dept. of Justice?, 1995 url .
- Atlas of avian hematology / Alfred M. Lucas, Casimir Jamroz. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1961. url p. 267.
- Audubon and his journals by Maria R. Audubon; with zoölogical and other notes by Elliott Coues. New York: C. Scribner, 1897. url .
- Audubon and his journals, New York, C. Scribner, 1897. url .
- Audubon the naturalist; a history of his life and time, by Francis Hobart Herrick. .. London, D. Appleton and Company, 1917. url .
- Barton's Fragments of the natural history of Pennsylvania. Ed. by Osbert Salvin. .. London[Printed by Taylor and Francis]1883. url p. 12, p. 18.
- Beach grass, by Charles Wendell Townsend. Boston, Marshall Jones Co., 1923. url p. 190.
- Biologia centrali-americana: Aves / [London: R.H. Porter], 1879-1904. url , , .
- Bird behaviour psychical and physiological, New York, Dodd, Mead and Company url .
- Bird behaviour, psychical and physiological; by Frank Finn. With 44 illustrations on art paper. London, Hutchinson url p. 313.
- Bird blow flies (Protocalliphora) in North America (Diptera: Calliphoridae), with notes on the Palearctic species / Curtis W. Sabrosky, Gordon F. Bennett, and Terry L. Whitworth. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, c1989. url p. 236.
- Bird life in Labrador. n.p., 189-? url .
- Bird notes. Brighton: Foreign Bird Club: 1902-1925. url p. 261, p. 299, p. 34, p. 44.
- Bird populations in east central Illinois: fluctuations, variations, and development over a half-century / Champaign: University of Illinois Press, c1982. url p. 135.
- Bird-ways, by Olive Thorne Miller [pseud.] Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and Company, 1885. url , .
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 510, p. 632.
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland. by Arthur G. Butler; illustrated by H. Gro?nvold and F.W. Frohawk. Hull; Brumby & Clarke, [1907?-1908?]. url p. 215.
- Birds of New York / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1914. url .
- Birds of New York / by Elon Howard Eaton. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1910-1914. url p. 529, p. 529.
- Birds of New York, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14. url .
- Birds of Prince Edward Island: their habits and characteristics / by Francis Bain. Charlottetown, P.E.I.: Haszard & Moore, 1891. url p. 15.
- Birds of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks / [United States]: Yellowstone Library and Museum Association in cooperation with National Park Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior, [19--] url .
- Birds of the Bahama islands; containing many birds new to the islands, and a number of undescribed winter plumages of North American species. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, The author, 1880. url p. 235.
- Birds of the British Isles, drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introd. by Charles Dixon. London, W. Scott, 1898. url p. 439.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url .
- Birds of the Colorado Valley: a repository of scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology / by Elliott Coues. Washington: G.P.O., 1878. url p. 678, p. 7, p. 9.
- Birds of the Colorado valley. .. scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1878. url p. 597, p. 678, p. 699, p. 7, p. 702, p. 741, p. 8, p. 9.
- Birds of the Northwest: a hand-book of the ornithology of the region drained by the Missouri River and its tributaries / by Elliott Coues. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url .
- Birds of western and northwestern Mexico. Boston, Published by the Society, 1874. url .
- Birds. Collected excerpts from v. 10 of Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. [n. p., 19--?] url , .
- Boston park rangers nature book / [s.n.], [1997?] url p. 8.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 10 1968 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 22, p. 7.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 101, p. 102, p. 103, p. 104, p. 105, p. 14, p. 14, p. 171, p. 1862, p. 232, p. 253, p. 264, p. 268, p. 313, p. 33, p. 400, p. 407, p. 441, p. 443, p. 448, p. 449, p. 45, p. 48, p. 48, p. 52, p. 64, p. 72, p. 98, p. 99.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 460.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1970 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url fig. 14, p. 187, p. 187, p. 227, p. 345, fig. 35, p. 98, p. 98.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 128.
- Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History. New YorkAmerican Museum of Natural History1881- url p. 369.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 238, p. 346, p. 347, p. 348, p. 385.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , p. 141, p. 36, p. 65.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 72.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 5, p. 57, p. 96.
- Bulletin of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, [1876-1883] url , p. 103, p. 117, p. 140, p. 169, p. 192, p. 210, p. 31, p. 33, p. 47, p. 91, p. 92.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 226, p. 54.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 140, p. 528, p. 565, p. 566, p. 567, p. 568, p. 569, p. 570, p. 571, p. 71.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 207, p. 256, p. 291.
- Cassell's book of birds: From the text of Dr. Brehm / London, Cassell, Petter and Galpin, [1875?] url p. 205.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1934 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 352.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 142, p. 148, p. 174, p. 26, p. 452, p. 616, p. 621, p. 887.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 148, p. 174, p. 26, p. 452, p. 616, p. 621.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 220.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 122, p. 123.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 91.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 122, p. 123.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museums of the University of North Dakota / prepared by Henry Montgomery. Grand Forks: [Plaindealer Book and Job Rooms]1888. url p. 42.
- Catalogue of the specimens illustrating the osteology of vertebrated animals, recent and extinct, contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, 1891. url p. 91.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 603.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 197, p. 291, p. 317, p. 553, p. 554.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 255, p. 256, p. 479, p. 512.
- Check-list of North American birds, prepared by a committee of the American Ornithologists' Union. New York, American Ornithologists' Union, 1910. url p. 363, p. 363.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 431, p. 657, p. 663, p. 676, p. 677, p. 682.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 562, p. 808.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 226.
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url p. 180.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 170.
- Days out of doors, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1889. url .
- Days out of doors, by Charles C. Abbott. .. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1889. url p. 322.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 115, p. 781.
- Elementary text-book of zoology. By Dr. C. Claus, tr. and ed. by Adam Sedgwick with the assistance of F. G. Heathcote. London, W. S. Sonnenschein, 1884-85. url p. 268.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 45.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 114.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 139.
- Fauna of New England, 11: list of the aves / by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 220.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url .
- Fauna of New England. List of the Araneida. Boston, For Society, 1908. url .
- Fauna of New England. by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 220.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url , p. 225.
- Favorite foreign birds for cages and aviaries. London, L. Upcott Gill url p. 84.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 79.
- Field ornithology. Comprising a manual of instruction for procuring, preparing and preserving birds, and a check list of North American birds, by Elliott Coues. Salem [Mass.]Naturalists' Agency, 1874. url p. 5.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 35, p. 90.
- Fishing in American waters. By Genio C. Scott. New York, Harper & brothers, 1875. url p. 471.
- Foreign birds for cage and aviary. By Arthur G. Butler London, "The Feathered world"[191-?] url p. 10.
- "Forest and Stream" bird notes. An index and summary of all the ornithological matter contained in "Forest and Stream." Vols. I-XII. New York, Forest and Stream Publishing Co., 1881. url .
- "Forest and stream" bird notes. An index and summary of all the ornithological matter contained in "Forest and Stream." Vols. I-XII. Compiled by H.B. Bailey. New York, Forest and Stream, 1881. url p. 131.
- Forster's Catalogue of the animals of North America, or Faunula americana. Ed. by Philip Lutley Sclater. [Cambridge, Printed by C.J. Clay and Son]1882. url p. 11.
- Forster's catalogue of the animals of North America, or, Faunula americana edited by Philip Lutley Sclater. London: [s.n.], 1882 url .
- Fourteen weeks in zoology / by J. Dorman Steele. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c1876. url p. 114, p. 307.
- Fourteen weeks in zoology. Chicago [etc.]A. S. Barnes & Company, [c1872] url .
- Geographical distribution of British birds / by Henry Seebohm. London: R.H. Porter, 1893. url , p. 17, p. 25.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1976 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 224, p. 79.
- Half hours with insects. By A.S. Packard, Jr.. .. Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1881. url p. 176.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 272.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url .
- Heligoland as an ornithological observatory; the result of fifty years' experience, Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1895. url p. 125, p. 255.
- Heredity and eugenics, by R. Ruggles Gates. New York, Macmillan, 1923. url p. 68.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 78.
- Illustrations of the nests and eggs of birds of Ohio: with text / 2 1886 Circleville, Ohio, U.S.A.: [s.n.], 1886 url p. 319, p. 54.
- In Audubon's Labrador, Boston andHoughton Mifflin Company[c1918] url , p. 9.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 5.
- Johannes Müller on certain variations in the vocal organs of the Passeres that have hitherto escaped notice. The translation by F. Jeffrey Bell, edited, with and appendix by A.H. Garrod [with the 8 plates of the original work] Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1878. url p. 14.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 23 2003 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 270.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 131, p. 162, p. 193, p. 31.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 138.
- Joy of nature: how to observe and appreciate the great outdoors / [editor, Alma E. Guinness]. Pleasantville, N.Y.: Reader's Digest Association, c1977. url p. 294.
- Key to North American birds containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland / by Elliott Coues. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1884. url .
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , , p. 228, p. 78, p. 79, p. 80.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 384.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 583.
- Life-histories of northern animals: an account of the mammals of Manitoba / by Ernest Thompson Seton, naturalist to the Government of Manitoba; with 68 maps and 560 drawings by the author. New York City: Scribner, 1909. url p. 355.
- Life-histories of the birds of eastern Pennsylvania, by Thomas G. Gentry. .. Philadelphia: Pub. by the author, 1876-77. url p. 200, p. 4.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 217.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 297.
- MAB Information System: Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: Supplement September 1989 UNESCO url .
- Manual of the natural history, geology, and physics of Greenland, and the neighboring regions: prepared for the use of the Arctic Expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the Royal Society, for the use of the expedition; published by authority of the Lords Commissione London: H.M. Stationery Off., printed by G.E. Eyre and W. Spottiswoode, 1875. url p. 98.
- Manual of the vertebrates of the northern United States, including the district east of the Mississippi River, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, exclusive of marine species. Chicago, Jansen, McClurg, 1880[c1878] url .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 23, p. 284, p. 64, p. 74.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1984 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url maps 87-88, page 172, p. xvii.
- Memories of the months. Fourth series, by the Right Hon. Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart. London: E. Arnold, 1907. url p. 13.
- Mental evolution in animals, By George John Romanes; with a posthumous essay on instinct; by Charles Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1884. url p. 372.
- Mental evolution in animals. With a posthumous essay on instinct, New YorkD. Appleton1884 url p. 372.
- Michigan bird life, a list of all the bird species known to occur in the state together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, wtih special reference to its relation t [Lansing]Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url , .
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 117.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1958 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 171, p. 21, p. 28, p. 37, p. 4, p. 51, p. 85, p. 86.
- Nature in Acadie by H.K. Swann. London: J. Bale, 1895. url .
- Nests and eggs of American birds. By Ernest Ingersoll. Parts 1-7. Salem, Mass., S.E. Cassino[c1880] url p. 1.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds, Philadelphia, D. McKay[c1900] url .
- New England bird life: being a manual of New England ornithology; rev. and ed. from the manuscript of Winfrid A. Stearns. .. by Dr. Elliott Coues. .. Boston, C.T. Dillingham, 1881-83. url p. 51, p. 51, p. 51.
- New North American fleas. 29 1944 Chicago, 1944 url p. 228.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url , p. 11, p. 118, p. 225, p. 243, p. 399, p. 399, p. 50.
- Notes on New England birds / Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1910. url .
- Notes on New England birds, by Henry D. Thoreau; arranged and ed. by Francis H. Allen; with illustrations from photographs of birds in nature. Boston, Houghton Mifflin company, 1910. url p. 386.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 21.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1959 San Diego, The Society. url p. 48.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 565, p. 566, p. 567, p. 568, p. 569, p. 570, p. 615.
- Ornithologist and oo?logist Pawtucket, R.I. url p. 188.
- Ornithology. edited by S.F. Baird, from the manuscript and notes of J.G. Cooper. [Cambridge, Mass., University press] pub. by authority of the Legislature [of California]1870. url p. 7.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , .
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 299.
- Our northern and eastern birds. Containing descriptions of the birds of the northern and eastern states and British provinces; together with a history of their habits, times of arrival and departure, their distribution, food, song, New York, R. Worthington, 1883. url .
- Our northern and eastern birds: containing descriptions of the birds of the northern and eastern states and British provinces; together with a history of their habits, times of arrival and departure, their distribution, food, song, by Edward A. Samuels; with a supplement from Holder's "American fauna." New York: R. Worthington, 1883. url p. 154.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 171, p. 80, p. 9.
- Part I. Palæontology. By F. B. Meek. Part II. Palæontology. By James Hall and R. P. Whitfield. Part III. Ornithology. By Robert Ridgway... Washington, Govt. print. off., 1877. url p. 334, p. 343, p. 359, p. 376, p. 391.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 96.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 269.
- Postilla. 1968 New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url p. 4.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 125, p. 191.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 642, p. 660.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url , p. 294.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 165.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]: Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 313, p. 352.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 220, p. 31.
- Proceedings of the New England Zoo?logical Club. [Cambridge, Mass.]: The Club, 1899- url p. 103, p. 115.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 1 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 119, p. 161, p. 162, p. 199, p. 215, p. 303, p. 395, p. 421, p. 422, p. 510, p. 511, p. 518, p. 550, p. 551, p. 553, p. 562, p. 570, p. 587, p. 595, p. 602, p. 603, p. 613, p. 614, p. 638.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 123.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 31, p. 390.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 13, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 15, p. 19.
- Quarterly bulletin of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, . url p. 100, p. 24, p. 72, p. 90.
- Quarterly report of the Pennsylvania Board of Agriculture / Pennsylvania Board of Agriculture. [Harrisburg, Pa.]: Pennsylvania Board of Agriculture, 1873-1894. url .
- Readings in mammalogy / selected from the original literature and introduced with comments by J. Knox Jones, Jr., and Sydney Anderson. [Lawrence, Kans.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1970. url p. 171.
- Report of a reconnaissance from Carroll, Montana Territory, on the upper Missouri, to the Yellowstone National Park, and return, made in the summer of 1875 / Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1876. url , p. 72.
- Report of the Geological Exploration of the Fortieth Parallel, made by order of the Secretary of War according to acts of Congress of March 2, 1867, and March 3, 1869 / Washington: Government Printing Office, 1870-1880. url p. 333, p. 334, p. 335, p. 343, p. 357, p. 359, p. 361, p. 363, p. 364, p. 386, p. 518.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , , , .
- Report of the Geological exploration of the fortieth parallel made by order of the Secretary of War according to acts of Congress of March 2, 1867, and March 3, 1869, under the direction of. .. A.A. Humphreys, chief of engineers, by Clarence King, U.S. geologist Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1870-80 url p. 335, p. 343, p. 356, p. 357, p. 386.
- Report of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents for the year ending June 30. .. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1933-1965. url p. 105, p. 108, p. 109, p. 110, p. 122, p. 124, p. 126, p. 133, p. 142, p. 152, p. 155, p. 156, p. 159, p. 170, p. 86.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 376.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url p. 321, p. 333, p. 334, p. 335, p. 348, p. 349, p. 356, p. 359, p. 361, p. 376, p. 386.
- Report on the injurious and other insects of the State of New York. Albany: State Entomologist, 1882-1898. url p. 376.
- Report on the seal islands of Alaska, by Henry W. Elliott. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884. url p. 174.
- Report upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian / Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1875-1889. url p. 143.
- Report upon cotton insects, prepared under the direction of the commissioner of agriculture in pursuance of an act of Congress approved June 19, 1878. By J. Henry Comstock, entomologist to the Department of agriculture. Washington: Gov't. print. off., 1879. url p. 160.
- Report upon ornithological specimens collected in the years 1871, 1872, and 1873 / U. S. Army, Engineer Dept., Geographical and Geological Explorations and Surveys West of the One hundredth Meridian; [by H.C. Yarrow and H.W. Henshaw]. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 37.
- Report upon the ornithological collections made in portions of Nevade, Utah, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona, during the years 1871, 1872, 1873, and 1874, by H.W. Henshaw. Washington, D.C., 1875 url p. 491, p. 500, p. 507.
- Review of American birds in the Museum of the Smithsonian Instution. by S.F. Baird. Washington: The Institution, 1864-1872. url , , , .
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. Supplement containing additions received in 1872, 1873, and 1874. London, For the Society, 1875. url p. 21.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 133.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 521.
- Rough notes and memoranda relating to the natural history of the Bermudas, London, R.H. Porter, 1897. url , , , , , , .
- Rural bird life of England: being essays on ornithology, with instructions for preserving objects relating to that science / New York: Werner Co., 1899, c1895. url .
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 306.
- Seal and salmon fisheries and general resources of Alaska. Washington: Govt. Printing Office, 1898. url p. 211.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1605.
- Sketch-book of British birds / by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with coloured illustrations by A.F. and C. Lydon. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1898. url .
- Smithsonian year. 1965 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 183.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 210.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url , , p. 1, p. 10, p. 13, p. 2, p. 213, p. 26, p. 594, p. 7, p. 79, p. 8.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 159, p. 52, p. 62, p. 79.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 14, p. 34.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 660, p. 830, p. 839.
- Terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River Basin / [S.l.: RCG/Hagler, Bailly, Inc.?, 1995 url .
- The American bird fancier; considered with reference to the breeding, rearing, feeding, management, and peculiarities of cage and house birds; with remarks on their diseases and remedies; drawn from authentic sources and person By D.J. Browne. .. New York, Orange Judd company, 1879. url p. 54.
- The American bisons, living and extinct / by J. A. Allen. 4 1876 Cambridge: University Press, 1876. url p. 51.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 114, p. 126, p. 251, p. 298, p. 336, p. 402, p. 409, p. 477, p. 92.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url , , , p. 186, p. 188, p. 2, p. 2, p. 223, p. 30, p. 308, p. 310, p. 350.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url p. 347.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by S. F. Harmer and A. E. Shipley. London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 510, p. 632.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 510, p. 510, p. 632.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 54 1940 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url anderson , fig. 1 , , , p. 10, p. 103, p. 107, p. 11, p. 11, p. 111, p. 112, p. 114, p. 114, p. 115, p. 116, p. 118, p. 123, p. 125, p. 133, p. 138, p. 141, p. 143, p. 146, p. 146, p. 146, p. 15, p. 151, p. 153, p. 157, p. 161, p. 163, p. 164, p. 169, p. 176, p. 177, p. 179, p. 183, p. 186, p. 189, p. 191, p. 193, p. 193, p. 195, p. 197, p. 201, p. 205, p. 210, p. 211, p. 216, p. 220, p. 224, p. 225, p. 229, p. 232, p. 233, p. 234, p. 259, p. 267, p. 274, p. 294, p. 295, p. 303, p. 306, p. 308, p. 311, p. 311, p. 311, p. 312, p. 32, p. 339, p. 352, p. 369, p. 38, p. 381, p. 388, p. 393, p. 395, p. 398, p. 4, p. 406, p. 42, p. 420, p. 423, p. 43, p. 43, p. 434, p. 440, p. 442, p. 450, p. 458, p. 459, p. 471, p. 472, p. 474, p. 476, p. 476, p. 476, p. 477, p. 483, p. 513, p. 518, p. 52, p. 526, p. 528, p. 544, p. 56, p. 577, p. 580, p. 581, p. 583, p. 585, p. 586, p. 59, p. 593, p. 602, p. 603, p. 615, p. 616, p. 64, p. 643, p. 643, p. 654, p. 67, p. 673, p. 677, p. 678, p. 70, p. 706, p. 710, p. 734, p. 74, p. 743, p. 744, p. 752, p. 755, p. 756, p. 764, p. 77, p. 78, p. 78, p. 792, p. 83, p. 9, p. 97, p. 98.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 104.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 449.
- The Coues check list of North American birds [Elliott Coues]. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url , , .
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 375.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 55 1995 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url figs. 10-11, page 12, p. 284, p. 344, p. 483, p. 493, p. 495, p. 499, p. 518, p. 520, p. 522, p. 603, p. 63, p. 651, p. 653, p. 69, p. 735.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 3.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url p. 102, p. 103, p. 104, p. 106, p. 107, p. 172.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 184, p. 482.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 157, p. 277, p. 386.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 23.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 36 1954 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 111, p. 1262, p. 1280, p. 1283, p. 1284, p. 1301, p. 1356, p. 1358.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 54.
- The birds of New England / by Edward A. Samuels. Boston: Noyes, Holmes, 1870, c1867. url p. 154.
- The birds of New England and adjacent states: . .. arranged by a long-approved classification and nomenclature. .. with illustrations of many species of the birds, accurate figures of their nests and eggs / Boston: Noyes, Holmes, and Co., 1875. url .
- The birds of New Englandand adjacent states: containing descriptions of the birds of New England. .. together with a history of their habitats. ..; with illustrations of many species of the birds, and accurate figures of their eggs / by Edward A. Samuels. Boston: Noyes, Holmes, 1870 [c1867] url p. 154.
- The birds of North America: one hundred and nineteen artistic colored plates representing the different species and varieties drawn and colored from nature: including a copious text giving a popular account of their habits and 1903 New York: Published under the auspices of the Natural Science Association of America, 1903. url p. 173, p. 97.
- The birds of Ohio; a revised catalogue, [Columbus?]Academy of Science, 1903. url .
- The birds of Washington: a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state / by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 241.
- The birds of Washington; a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state, by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: The Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 241.
- The birds of eastern North America: with original descriptions of all the species which occur east of the Mississippi River, between the Arctic circle and the Gulf of Mexico, with full notes upon their habits, etc. / by C. J. Maynard; Newtonville, Mass.: Maynard, 1881. url p. 2.
- The birds of the Bahama Islands: containing many birds new to the Islands, and a number of undescribed winter plumages of North American birds / by Charles B. Cory. Boston, U.S.A.: Estes & Lauriat, 1890, c1879. url p. 235.
- The birds of the Bermudas. By Savile G. Reid. Printed in "The Zoologist" for October and November, 1877, and now reprinted by permission. Hamilton, Bermuda, Printed at the Royal Gazette Office, 1883. url .
- The birds of the Cambridge region of Massachusetts. Cambridge, Mass., The Club, 1906. url .
- The birds of the Chicago area, by Frank Morley Woodruff. .. [Chicago, Printed by Jennings and Graham]1907. url p. 195.
- The birds of the Lake St. Martin region, Manitoba / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1937. url p. 37.
- The birds of the vicinity of Lake Nipissing, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum], 1939. url p. 16.
- The code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; being the report of the Committee of the Union on Classification and Nomenclature. New York, 1886. url p. 344, p. 344, p. 344.
- The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1896. url .
- The descent of man: and selection in relation to sex / New York: P. F. Collier, 1902. url .
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 16.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url .
- The gape worm of fowls (Syngamus trachealis); the earthworm (Lumbricus terrestris), its intermediate host. Also, On the prevention of the disease in fowls called the gapes, which is caused by this parasite. By L.D. Walker. .. [Franklinville? N.Y.]c1897. url p. 11, p. 11, p. 29, p. 29.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 562, p. 562.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 562.
- The great North-west and the great lake region of North America, by Paul Fountain... London, New York [etc.]: Longmans, Green, and co., 1904. url p. 286.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 96.
- The island of Nantucket: what it was and what it is: being a complete index and guide to this noted resort: containing descriptions of everything on or about the island in regard to which the visitor or resident may desire Boston: C.T. Dillingham, c1882. url p. 241.
- The migration of birds, by T.A. Coward. Cambridge [Eng.]The University press;1912. url p. 102.
- The migration of birds, by T.A.Coward. Cambridge [Eng.]G.P. Putnam's sons, 1912. url p. 102.
- The migration of birds. CambridgeUniversity Press1912 url p. 102, p. 137.
- The migration of birds: an attempt to reduce avian season-flight to law / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1892. url p. 182.
- The migration of birds; a consideration of Herr G atke's views, London, R. H. Porter, 1897. url p. 76.
- The naturalist of the Saint Croix. Memoir of George A. Boardman. A selection from his correspondence and published writings, notices of friends and contemporaries, with his list of the birds of Maine and New Brunswick. By Samuel Lane Boardman... Bangor, Priv. print., 1903. url p. 121, p. 121, p. 121.
- The naturalist's guide in collecting and preserving objects of natural history: with a complete catalogue of the birds of eastern Massachusetts / by C.J. Maynard; with illustrations by E.L. Weeks. Boston: S.E. Cassino & Co., 1883, c1877. url .
- The nature study course with suggestions for teaching it based on notes of lectures to teachers-in-training. By John Dearness. .. Toronto, The Copp, Clark co., ltd.[c1905] url p. 169.
- The nests and eggs of non-indigenous British birds or such species that do not breed within the British Archipelago / Charles Dixon. London: Chapman & Hall, 1894. url p. 350.
- The ornithology of Illinois. Part I. Descriptive catalogue. By Robert Ridgway. Part II. Economic ornithology. By S. A. Forbes. Pub. by the authority of the state Legislature. Springfield, Ill., H. W. Rokker, printer, 1889-95. url p. 65.
- The principles of biology / by J.I. Hamaker. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Sons & Co., 1913. url p. 382.
- The principles of biology, by J. I. Hamaker; with 267 illustations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1913. url p. 382.
- The seal-islands of Alaska / by Henry W. Elliott. Washington: G.P.O., 1881. url p. 127, p. 174, p. 174.
- The seal-islands of Alaska. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1881. url p. 174.
- The sequence of plumages and moults of the passerine birds of New York / Jonathan Dwight. New York: New York Academy of Sciences, 1900. url p. 326.
- The summer birds of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1939. url p. 25.
- The summer birds of the northeast shore of Lake Superior, Ontario / [Toronto]: Printed by the University of Toronto Press, 1943. url p. 17.
- The vertebrate eye and its adaptive radiation [by] Gordon Lynn Walls. Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cranbrook Institute of Science, 1942 url p. 659.
- The world's birds a simple and popular classification of the birds of the world, by Frank Finn. With over 50 illustrations from photographs (mostly taken from living specimens) and outline figures in the text. London, Hutchinson & co., 1908. url p. 118, p. 118.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 144, p. 146.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 52.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Geo. W. Martin url p. 106, p. 23.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 20 1984 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 263, p. 273, p. 331.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 178.
- Travels and traditions of waterfowl. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press url p. 287.
- Trematodes of the Pacific Northwest, an annotated catalog [by] Ivan Pratt [and] James E. McCauley. Corvallis, Oregon State University Press url p. 22, p. 23.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 10 1956 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 105, p. 168, p. 257, p. 339, p. 396, p. 580, p. 609, p. 623, p. 625, p. 628, p. 647, p. 662, p. 693, p. 694, p. 701, p. 767.
- Walden, New York, C. E. Merrill co.[c1910] url p. 391, p. 412.
- Walden, or, Life in the woods, by Henry D. Thoreau, ed. for school use by James Cloyd Bowman. Chicago, Scott, Foresman and company[c1917] url p. 306, p. 340.
- Walden; New York, The Macmillan company, 1910. url p. 314, p. 376, p. 387.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 8.
- Waste-land wanderings / by Charles C. Abbott. New York; Harper & brothers, 1887. url p. 311.
- Waste-land wanderings. New York, Harper, 1887. url .
- Wood notes wild, notations of bird music; by Simeon Pease Cheney. .. Collected and arranged with appendix, notes, bibliography and general index, by John Vance Cheney. .. Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1892. url , p. 260.
- Zoologica; scientific contributions of the New York Zoological Society. New York. url p. 15, p. 39.
- Zoology [by] A. M. Winchester [and] Harvey B. Lovell. New York, Van Nostrand url p. 76.
- Zoology for high schools and colleges / New York: H. Holt and Company, 1895. url , .
- Zoology. New YorkHolt1892 url .
- BirdLife International 2009. Turdus migratorius. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 05February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 2, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 19, 2007:
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, North West Territories and Nunavut Bird Checklist, Canada
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Royal British Columbia Museum
- New Brunswick Museum, NBM birds
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 4685
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179765
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2487430
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179759
- IUCN ID: 247645
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPBJ20170
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 209