- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Trionyx
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A manual of zoology for the use of students: with a general introd. on the principles of zoology / by Henry Alleyne Nicholson. London: William Blackwood 8 Sons, 1887. url p. 401.
- A manual of zoology. .. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1870. url p. 536.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 415.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 415.
- Amphibia and reptiles / by Hans Gadow. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1901. url p. 408, p. 409.
- Amphibia and reptiles, by Hans Gadow. 1909 London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1901. url p. 408, p. 408, p. 667, p. 667.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 109, p. 354, p. 355, p. 356, p. 359, p. 360, p. 361, p. 363, p. 38, p. 490, p. 753.
- Animal and plant life in Oklahoma, Norman, 1917. url .
- Animal mechanics, by Sir Charles Bell. .. and Jeffries Wyman. Cambridge [Mass.]Printed at the Riverside press, 1902. url p. 126.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 469, p. 93, p. 95.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 128, p. 137, p. 145, p. 158, p. 159, p. 160, p. 164, p. 176.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 14, p. 16.
- Aquatic life. Philadelphia: J.E. Bausman. url p. 157.
- Biology code of the Chemical-Biological Coordination Center... Washington, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, 1960. url p. 50.
- Breviora. 1973 Cambridge, Mass.: Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, [1952- url p. 2, p. 5.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 156.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 94 1944 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 22, p. 25, p. 27, p. 417, p. 44, p. 557, p. 56, p. 57, p. 65, p. 72, p. 75, p. 8.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 261.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 142.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 536.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1896. url p. 256, p. 411.
- Catalogue of New York reptiles and batrachians, Albany, University of the state of New York, 1902. url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 460.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 460.
- Catalogue of shield reptiles in the collection of the British Museum / by John Edward Gray. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1855-1872. url p. 65, p. 68, p. 69.
- Catalogue of the chelonians, rhynchocephalians, and crocodiles in the British museum (Natural history). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1889. url p. 259, p. 260.
- Catalogue of the tortoises, crocodiles, and amphisbaenians, in the collection of the British Museum. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1844 url , p. 49.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 163.
- Class book of zoology: designed to afford to pupils in common schools and academies a knowledge of the animal kingdom: with a list of the different species found in the state of New York: the whole scientifically and syst New York: D. Appleton & Company; 1849. url p. 101.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 545.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 545.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 545.
- Color and color-pattern mechanism of tiger beetles, with twenty-nine black and three colored plates, by Victor E. Shelford. Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1917 url p. 311, p. 314.
- Contributions to the natural history of the United States of America / by Louis Agassiz. Boston, Little, Brown and Company;1857-62. url p. 256, p. 263, p. 270, p. 277, p. 395, p. 399, p. 401, p. 403, p. 405, p. 642.
- Descriptive catalogue of the specimens of natural history in spirit contained in the Museum of the Royal college of surgeons of England. Vertebrata: Pisces, Reptilia, Aves, Mammalia. London, Taylor and Francis, 1859. url p. 145.
- Dictionary of geology and mineralogy comprising such terms in botany, chemistry, comparative anatomy, conchology, entomology, palæontology, zoology, and other branches of natural history, as are connected with the study of geology / by William Humble. London: H. Washbourne, 1840. url p. 264.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 128, p. 136.
- Final environmental impact statement: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award for Apalachicola Bay and lower Apalachicola River, Franklin County, Florida to State of Florida / Washington, D.C.: Office of Coastal Zone Management, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1979. url .
- Fourteen weeks in zoology / by J. Dorman Steele. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c1876. url p. 307.
- Fourteen weeks in zoology. Chicago [etc.]A. S. Barnes & Company, [c1872] url .
- Fresh-water biology, New York, John Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1918. url .
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 378.
- Guide to the Gallery of Reptilia and Amphibia [London]: BM(NH), 1906 url p. 57.
- Guide to the reptiles and batrachians exhibited in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History) London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1922. url p. 31.
- Hand-list of the specimens of shield reptiles in the British Museum, LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees of the British Museum1873 url p. 82, p. 83.
- Herpetology of Missouri. St. Louis, 1911. url p. 251.
- History of Vermont, natural, civil and statistical, in three parts, with an appendix. 1853. By Zadock Thompson. Burlington, The author, 1853. url , p. 29, p. 30.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 298, p. 311, p. 314.
- Illustrated natural history of the animal kingdom, being a systematic and popular description of the habits, structure, and classification of animals from the highest to the lowest forms, with their r New-YorkDerby & Jackson1859 url p. 360.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 7 1987 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 202, p. 50.
- Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1817-1918. url p. 203, p. 207.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London: Printed for the Society, and sold. .. Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1883. url p. 572.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 198.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1956 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url fig. 111, page 160.
- Monogenetic trematodes: their systematics and phylogeny / by Boris E. Bychowsky; edited by William J. Hargis, Jr.; translated by Pierre C. Oustinoff. Washington, D.C.: American Institute of Biological Sciences, c1961. url p. 323.
- Museum paper / Alabama Museum of Natural History. University, Ala.: Alabama Museum of Natural History, 1910-1960. url p. 47.
- Museum paper. University, Ala. [etc.]1910- url p. 47.
- Name that animal; a guide to the identification of the common land and fresh-water animals of the United States, with special reference to the area east of the Rockies. With drawings by Olive Driver. Northampton? Mass., 1950 url p. 430.
- Narrative of an expedition to the source of St. Peter's river, Lake Winnepeek, Lake of the Woods, &c., performed in the year 1823, . .. under the command of Stephen H. Long. Compiled from the notes of Major Long, Messrs. Say, Keating, and Calhoun, by William H. Keating. Philadelphia, H. C. Carey & I. Lea, 1824. url p. 292.
- Natural history of New York. .. Albany, D. Appleton & co. and Wiley & Putnam;1842-94. url p. 6, p. 95.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 6, p. 95, p. 95.
- Natural history of Vermont. An address delivered at Boston, before the Boston society of natural history, June, 1850. Burlington: C. Goodrich, 1850. url p. 16.
- Natural history. A manual of zoölogy for schools, colleges, and the general reader / By Sanborn Tenney. New York: Scribner, Armstrong & co., c1872. url .
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 459, p. 459.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 137.
- North American herpetology: or, A description of the reptiles inhabiting the United States / by John Edwards Holbrook. Philadelphia, J. Dobson;1842. url , p. 12, p. 13, p. 132, p. 14, p. 15, p. 16, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 20, p. 21.
- North American herpetology; or, A description of the reptiles inhabiting the United States. By John Edwards Holbrook. London, J. Dobson;1842. url , , , , , p. 12, p. 132, p. 14, p. 15, p. 16, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869-1941. url p. 5.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1975 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 23.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. .. By Richard Owen. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1866-68. url p. 557.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. London, Longmans, Green, 1866-68. url , p. 446, p. 557.
- On the power, wisdom and goodness of God, as manifested in the creation of animals, and in their history, habits and instincts / Philadelphia:Carey, Lea & Blanchard, 1836. url p. 410.
- Phylogenetic systematics, biochronology, and paleobiology of late neogene horses (family Equidae) of the Gulf Coastal Plain and the Great Plains / by Richard Charles Hulbert Jr. 1987. url p. 32.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 111, p. 111, p. 115, p. 15, p. 189, p. 22, p. 255, p. 255, p. 29, p. 29, p. 404, p. 404.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 214, p. 214, p. 215, p. 215, p. 216, p. 216, p. 217, p. 217, p. 271, p. 271.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 18, p. 181.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 10, p. 321, p. 395.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 520.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 1005, p. 1012, p. 1012, p. 36, p. 494, p. 59, p. 60, p. 689.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 16, p. 162.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , .
- Report of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents for the year ending June 30. .. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1933-1965. url p. 128, p. 130, p. 137, p. 145, p. 155, p. 158, p. 159, p. 160, p. 164, p. 176.
- Report on the agriculture and geology of Mississippi. Embracing a sketch of the social and natural history of the state. By B.L.C. Wailes, geologist of Mississippi. .. [Jackson]E. Barksdale, State Printer, 1854. url p. 327, p. 327, p. 331, p. 331.
- Report on the reptiles and amphibians of Ohio / by W.H. Smith. Columbus: Nevins & Meyers, 1882 url p. 636, p. 668.
- Reports on zoology for 1843, 1844 / Tr. from the German by George Busk, Alfred Tulk, esq., and Alexander H. Haliday, esq. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1847. url p. 87.
- Reptiles and batrachians / by E.G. Boulenger. London: Dent; . url p. 41.
- Reptiles and batrachians, by E. G. Boulenger, with numerous illustrations. London, E. P. Dutton & co. url p. 41, p. 41.
- Reptiles of the world: tortoises and turtles, crocodilians, lizards and snakes of the eastern and western hemispheres / by Raymond L. Ditmars. New York: Macmillan Co., 1922 [c1910] url , , .
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. Supplement containing additions received in 1872, 1873, and 1874. London, For the Society, 1875. url p. 41.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 11.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 911.
- Sexual size differences in reptiles / by Henry S. Fitch. 1981 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1981. url p. 42.
- Sketches of the physical geography and geology of Nebraska. [n.p.]Daily Republican Book and Job Office[c1880] url p. 127.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url , , p. 102, p. 118.
- Smithsonian herpetological information service. Washington: Division of Reptiles and Amphibians, U.S. National Museum. url p. 2, p. 30, p. 34, p. 37, p. 39, p. 44, p. 66, p. 68, p. 7.
- Smithsonian year. 1968 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url illustration , p. 187, p. 409.
- Studies on North American Polystomidae, Aspidogastridae, and Paramphistomidae, with eleven plates, by Horace Wesley Stunkard. Urbana, University of Illinois, 1917 url p. 18, p. 31, p. 34.
- Synopsis reptilium: or short descriptions of the species of reptiles. London: G.B. Sowerby: 1831. url p. 45.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 356.
- The American journal of science. 12(2) 1851 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 304, p. 356, p. 46.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 331.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 358, p. 484.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 124, p. 234, p. 239, p. 56.
- The Cambridge natural history / London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 408, p. 409.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 408, p. 667.
- The National geographic magazine. Washington: National Geographic Society, 1888-1959. url p. 608.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 40 1960 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 24, p. 25.
- The animal kingdom, arranged according to its organization, serving as a foundation for the natural history of animals: and an introduction to comparative anatomy / by Baron Cuvier; with figures designed after nature: the Crustacea, Arachnides, & Insecta, by M. Latreille; translated from the latest French edition; with additional notes, and illustrated by near London: G. Henderson, 1834-1837. url p. 10.
- The batrachians and reptiles of the State of Indiana / by Oliver Perry Hay. Indianapolis: Wm. B. Burford, 1892. url p. 144.
- The cotton question. New York, Metropolitan record office, 1866. url p. 51.
- The ecological impact of man on the south Florida herpetofauna / by Larry David Wilson and Louis Porras. Lawrence: University of Kansas: 1983. url p. 27, p. 81.
- The fossil freshwater Emydid turtles of Florida / by Dale Robert Jackson. 1977. url p. 42.
- The fossil turtles of North America, by Oliver Perry Hay. Washington, D.C.: Pub. by the Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1908. url p. 548.
- The freshwater aquarium and its inhabitants; a guide for the amateur aquarist, New York, H. Holt and Company[c1908] url .
- The harmonies of nature: or, the unity of creation / by Dr. G. Hartwig. New York: D. Appleton, 1866. url p. 285.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, by J. R. Ainsworth Davis. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1903-04. url p. 552.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 2457.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 78.
- The popular encyclopedia; being a general dictionary of arts, sciences, literature, biography, history, and political economy, reprinted from the American edition of the "Conversations lexicon". .. with dissertations on the ri by Sir D.K. Sandford, on the progress of science, by Thomas Thomson, and on the progress of the fine arts, by Allan Cunningham. Glasgow, Blackie[n.d.] url p. 847.
- The quadrupeds of North America, 1 1851 New York, V.G. Audubon, 1851-54. url p. 143.
- The reptile book, a comprehensive popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, corcodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and Northern Mexico. New York, Doubleday, 1920. url , p. 74, p. 78, p. xxiv, p. xxv.
- The reptile book; a comprehensive popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, crocodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and northern Mexico. New York, Doubleday, Page, 1915. url , .
- The reptile book; a comprehensive, popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, crocodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and northern Mexico, by Raymond Lee Ditmars. .. eight plates in colour and more than four hundred photographs from life. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1908 [c1907] url , , , p. 74, p. 78.
- The turtles of Illinois; Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1937 url p. 17, p. 184, p. 199.
- The turtles of New England / by Harold L. Babcock. With sixteen plates. Boston: printed for the Society with aid from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1919. url p. 420, p. 421.
- The viviparous Quadrupeds of North America. New York, [1845-1853] url p. 143.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 251, p. 251, p. 251.
- Transactions of the Geological Society. London: [The Society], 1811-1856. url p. 374.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 197.
- Trespassers; showing how the inhabitants of earth, air, and water are enabled to trespass on domains not their own / by the Rev. J.G. Wood. London, Seeley, Jackson and Halliday, 1875. url p. 109.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 20 1978 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url p. 50.
- Tulane studies in zoology. 14 1967 New Orleans: Tulane University, 1953-1968. url p. 83.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 13 1962 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url plate 32, p. 431, p. 446, p. 453, fig. 6, page 454, descr. of fig. 8, page 456, fig. 11, page 460, p. 462, p. 463, fig. 13, page 464, fig. 14, page 465, p. 473, p. 476, fig. 18, page 479, p. 482, p. 484, p. 485, fig. 19, page 487, p. 492, p. 493, fig. 21, page 505, p. 507, p. 511, p. 514, p. 520, p. 523, p. 578, p. 579, p. 596, p. 601.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / 2 London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url figure , p. 351.
- Zoological classification; a handy book of reference with tables of the subkingdoms, classes, orders, etc., of the animal kingdom, their characters and lists of the families and principal genera. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 209.
- Zoology of New York, or the New-York fauna: comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompanied by appropriate illu by James De Kay. Albany: Printed by Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly [etc.], 1842-44. url p. 6.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url p. 6, p. 95.
- Zoölogical science, or, Nature in living forms adapted to elucidate the chart of the animal kingdom / by A.M. Redfield, and designed for the higher seminaries, common schools, libraries, and the family circle New York: E.B. & E.C. Kellogg, 1858 url p. 468.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.