Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
European Oak Leaf Roller, European Oak Leafroller, Green Oak Leaf Roller, Green Oak Leafroller, Green Oak Tortrix
Common Names in French:
Tordeuse Verte Du Chêne
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Italian:
Tortrice Delle Querce
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,840 meters (0 to 6,037 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Snodgrass, 1938
- Heymons, 1901
- Superorder: Amphiesmenoptera ()
- Cohort: Myoglossata ()
- Infraclass: Pterygota ()
- Subclass: Dicondylia ()
- Epiclass: Hexapoda ()
- Superclass: Panhexapoda ()
- Infraphylum: Atelocerata () - Heymons, 1901
- Subphylum: Mandibulata () - Snodgrass, 1938
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Tortrix
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A chapter on birds: rare British birds / London: E. & J.B. Young, 1895. url .
- A hand-book to the order Lepidoptera. By W.F. Kirby. .. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 279.
- A handbook to the order Lepidoptera. By W. F. Kirby. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url , , p. 153, p. 279.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 241, p. 241.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url .
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 34.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 241.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 135, p. 411.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1917. url p. 54.
- A manual of forestry. London, Bradbury, Agnew, 1889-96. url p. 139, p. 299, p. 300, p. 338.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 157, p. 247, p. 333, p. 377, p. xvi.
- A manual of injurious insects with methods of prevention and remedy for their attacks to food crops, forest trees, and fruit, to which is appended a short introduction to entomology. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1890. url p. 238, p. 370, p. 409.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 132.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 390.
- A text-book of agricultural entomology; being a guide to methods of insect life and means of prevention of insect ravage. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1892. url , , p. 147.
- A treatise on insects injurious to gardeners, foresters, & farmers / by Vincent Köllar; translated from the German and illustrated by engravings by J. and M. Loudon; with notes by J. O. Westwood. London: William Smith, 113, Fleet Street, 1840 url p. 322.
- A treatise on zoology / edited by E. Ray Lankester. London: A. & C. Black, 1900-1909. url p. 275, p. 295, p. 337.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 275, p. 295, p. 337.
- A treatise on zoology. London, Adam and Charles Black, 1900-1909 url , p. 275, p. 295, p. 337.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 38, p. 48, p. 88.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 6.
- Alternating generations: a biological study of oak galls and gall flies / by Hermann Adler. Tr. and ed. by Charles R. Straton. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1894. url p. 77.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 239, p. 256.
- An introduction to entomology: or, Elements of the natural history of insects. .. / by William Kirby and William Spence. London: Longmans, Green, 1865. url p. 118.
- An introduction to the modern classification of insects; founded on the natural habits and corresponding organisation of the different families. By J. O. Westwood. London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1839-1840. url p. 403.
- An introduction to zoology, with directions for practical work (invertebrates) London, Macmillan, 1913. url , p. 239, p. 457.
- Animal ecology, by Charles Elton; with an introduction by Julian S. Huxley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1927. url p. 119, p. 207.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 216, p. 285, p. 78, p. 79.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 375, p. 375, p. 375.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 85.
- Arboretum et fruticetum Britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url , p. 1818.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London: Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 1818.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 186.
- British butterflies and mothes: an introduction to the study of our native Lepidoptera. By H.T. Stainton. .. London, Reeve & Co., 1867. url p. 291.
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 35.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 197, p. 203, p. 212.
- British forest trees and their sylvicultural characteristics and treatment. LondonMacmillan1893 url p. 192.
- British insects and how to know them / by Harold Bastin. London: Methuen, 1917. url p. 84.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 132, p. 72.
- British moths and their transformations. London: W. Smith, 1843-45. url , p. 107, p. 109.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1923 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 9.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 187, p. 219, p. 35, p. 42, p. 57, p. 8.
- Bulletin of the Brooklyn Entomological Society. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Society, url p. 88.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 92.
- Butterflies and moths (British) / by W. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, 1897. url p. 27.
- Butterflies and moths (British) by W. Furneaux. .. London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1894. url p. 27.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1891-96. url p. 411.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 70.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1046, p. 1181, p. 130, p. 314, p. 780.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1046, p. 1181, p. 314, p. 780.
- Cistula entomologica. London;E. W. Janson. url p. 327.
- Common British insects selected from the typical beetles, moths, and butterflies of Great Britain, by the Rev. J.G. Wood. With one hundred and thirty figures by E.A. Smith engraved by G. Pearson. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1882. url p. 270.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 229, p. 230, p. 6.
- Diptera Danica: genera and species of flies hitherto found in Denmark. Copenhagen, G.E.C. Gad, 1907-1927. url p. 83.
- Disease in plants, by H. Marshall Ward. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1901. url p. 254.
- Disease in plants. LondonMacmillan1901 url p. 254.
- Ecological animal geography; an authorized, rewritten edition based on Tiergeographie auf ockologischer grundlage / by Richard Hesse. .. prepared by W. C. Allee. .. and Karl P. Schmidt. .. New York: J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1937. url p. 139, p. 594.
- Eleanor Ormerod, LI. D., economic entomologist, Autobiography and correspondence, ed. by Robert Wallace. New York, Dutton, 1904. url p. 145, p. 146, p. 347.
- Eleanor Ormerod, Ll. D., economic entomologist: autobiography and correspondence / edited by Robert Wallace. New York: Dutton, 1904. url p. 145, p. 146.
- Elementary text-book of zoology, tr. and ed. by Adam Sedgwick, with the assistance of F. G. Heathcote. London, Swan Sonnenschein & co., 1892-1893. url p. 582.
- Elements of entomology: an outline of the natural history and classification of British insects. By William S. Dallas, F.L.S. London, J. van Voorst, 1857. url p. 328, p. 328.
- Embryology of insects and myriapods; the developmental history of insects, centipedes, and millepedes from egg desposition [!] to hatching, by Oskar A. Johannsen. .. and Ferdinand H. Butt. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1941. url p. 355.
- English estate forestry / by A.C. Forbes. London: Edward Arnold, 1904. url p. 273.
- English estate forestry. London, E. Arnold, 1906. url .
- English estate forestry. London: Arnold, 1904. url p. 273.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 240, p. 240.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 90.
- Episodes of insect life / By Acheta Domestica, M. E. S. [pseud.], edited and revised by J.G. Wood. London: Bell and Daldy, 1867. url p. 104, p. 244.
- Episodes of insect life / by Acheta Domestica, [pseud.], edited and revised by the Rev. J. G. Wood. London: G. Bell and Sons, 1879. url p. 104, p. 244.
- Episodes of insect life. By Acheta Domestica, M. E. S. [pseud.] Boston: B. B. Mussey & co., 1851 url p. 431.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 99.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , , p. 1308, p. 267, p. 558, p. 57, p. 578, p. 959.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 250.
- Forest entomology, by A.T. Gillanders. .. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1912. url p. 223, p. 396.
- Forest entomology. EdinburghW. Blackwood1908 url p. 260, p. 262, p. 410.
- Forestry / by Dr. Adam Schwappach. London: Aldine House, J.M. Dent, 29 & 30 Bedford Street, London, 1904 url p. 157, p. 83.
- Forestry for woodmen / by C. O. Hanson. Oxford: At the Clarendon press, 1911. url p. 119, p. 222.
- Forestry for woodmen, by C. O. Hanson. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1921. url p. 119, p. 238.
- Forestry, by Dr. Adam Schwappach. London, J. M. Dent & co., 1904. url p. 157, p. 83.
- Forestry. LondonDent1904 url p. 157, p. 83.
- Four essays written by students at Wisley, 1913. .. [London]Printed by Spottiswoode & co. ltd., 1913. url , p. 63.
- Garden foes: insect, animal and fungoid pests injurious to fruit and vegetable crops, hardy plants, trees, shrubs and greenhouse plants, with all the latest remedies for their eradication / by T.W. Sanders. London: W.H. & L. Collingridge,  url p. 283.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 27.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 480.
- Guide to the exhibited series of insects in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Nat. Hist.) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1909. url p. 2.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 253.
- Homes without hands. Being a description of the habitations of animals, classed according to their principle of construction. By the Rev. J.G. Wood. .. With new designs by W.F. Keyl and E. Smith. Engraved by Messrs. Pearson. New York, Harper & Brothers, 1866. url p. 313.
- Homes without hands.: Being a description of the habitations of animals, classed according to their principle of construction. / London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1866. url .
- Homes without hands: being a description of the habitations of animals, classed according to their principle of construction / New York: Harper & Brothers, 1866. url .
- How to attract and protect wild birds tr. by Emma S. Buchheim, with an introduction by Her Grace the Duchess of Bedford. London, Witherby, 1917. url p. 50, p. 51.
- Ichneumonologia britannica. The ichneumons of Great Britain; a descriptive account of the families, genera and species indigenous to the British islands, together with notes as to classifiation, localitites, habitats, host, etc. By Claude Morley. Plymouth: J.H. Keys, 1903-1914. url , p. 112.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 14, p. 14.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 90.
- Illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new illustrations by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey and others; engraved by the Brothers Dalziel. New York: Home Bk. Co., [188-?] url p. 543.
- Illustrations of British entomology; or, A synopsis of indigenous insects: containing their generic and specific distinctions. By James Francis Stephens. London:Printed for the author; published by Baldwin and Cradock, 1828-1835. url p. 66.
- Insect architecture, by James Rennie; new ed., much enl., by the Rev. J. G. Wood. .. With nearly two hundred illustrations. London, G. Bell & sons, 1869. url p. 184, p. 184.
- Insect architecture: to which are added, Miscellanies, on the ravages, the preservation for purposes of study, and the classification of insects. London, Murray, 1857. url p. 369.
- Insect artizans and their work / by Edward Step; with 54 illustrations on art paper. London: Hutchinson, [1919?] url p. 5.
- Insect artizans and their work, by Edward Step, with 54 illustrations on art paper. New York, Dodd, Mead and company[1919?] url p. 5, p. 5.
- Insect transformations. Boston, Lilly & Wait, 1831. url , p. 203.
- Insect transformations. London: C. Knight, 1838. url p. 203.
- Insect variety: its propagation and distribution. Treating of the odours, dances, colours, and music in all grasshoppers, Cicadae, and moths; beetles, leaf-insects, bees, and butterflies; bugs, flies, and Ephemerae; By A. H. Swinton. London, Cassell, Petter, Galpin & co. url p. 319.
- Insects at home, being a popular account of those insects which are useful or destructive and minutely describing their structure, habits, etc. New York, Alden, 1884. url p. 505.
- Insects at home: being a popular account of all those insects which are useful or destructive, and minutely describing their structure, habits, and transformations / by J. G. Wood, with upwards of seven hundred figures by E. A. Smith and J. B. Zwecker; engraved by G. Pearson. New York: John B. Alden, 1883. url p. 505.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 203.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 180, p. 194.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url .
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 385, p. 393, p. 394.
- Journal of the Bath and West and Southern Counties Society. LondonE. Stanford [etc.] url p. 55.
- Keys to the insects of the European USSR. (Opredelitel nasekomykh Evropeiskoi chasti SSSR) Compiled by G. Ya. Bei-Bienko [and others] Editorial board: B.E. Bykhovskii [and others] Translated from Russian [by] Jean Salkind. Edited by O. Theodor] Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; [available from U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and Technical Information, Springfield, Va.], 1967- url p. 112, p. 198, p. 199, p. 332, p. 336, p. 351, p. 352, p. 446, p. 477, p. 500, p. 501, p. 504, p. 527, p. 644, p. 710, p. 768, p. 783, p. 792, p. 807, p. 89.
- Lepidopterous fauna of the USSR and adjacent countries: a collection of papers dedicated to professor Alexsandr Sergeevich Danilevskii / collected by O.L. Kryzhanovskii; Donald R. Davis, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 32, p. 33.
- Life; a book for elementary students, by Sir Arthur E. Shipley. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923. url p. 65.
- List of Yorkshire Lepidoptera. [By] George T. Porritt. .. London, A. Brown & Sons, ltd., 1904. url p. 113.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 47.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 533, p. 534, p. 604, p. 604, p. 669.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 8.
- Memoirs of the Literary and Philosophical Society of Manchester. Manchester: The Society, 1785-1879. url p. 157.
- Natural history of insects: comprising their architecture, transformations, senses, food, habits--collection, preservation and arrangement. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman, and Holden, 1833. url p. 423.
- Natural history, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url .
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker [and others] London, Hutchinson, 1897. url p. 593, p. 767.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker, W. F. Kirby, B. B. Woodward, R. Kirpatrick, R. I. Pocock, R. Bowdler Sharpe, W. Garstang, F. A. Bather, H. M. Bernard. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url p. 593, p. 767.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 250, p. 280, p. 344, p. 575, p. 753, p. 79.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url , , p. 130, p. 130, p. 299, p. 30, p. 35, p. 35, p. 91.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 4 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 462, p. 462.
- Old flies in new dresses; how to dress dry flies with the wings in the natural position and some new wet flies. Illus. by the author and Edward Wilson. London, Lawrence and Bullen, Ltd., 1897. url p. 80.
- On the entomology and uses of silk: with a list of the families, genera, and species of silk producers known up to the present date. Newcastle-under-Tyme: G. T. Bagguley, Printer, [between 1880 and 1900] url p. 35.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 277, p. 279.
- Order Lepidoptera (Micro-lepidoptera) Sub-Div. (IV) Lepidoptera Vespertina. [catalogue prepared by James Francis Stephens]. London: British Museum?1852 url p. 3.
- Outlines of general zoology. New York [N.Y.]: Rudolph Garrigue, 1851. url p. 180.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 77.
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne = Polish journal of entomology = Bulletin entomologique de Pologne Warszawa [etc.]Panstwowe Wydawn. Naukowe. url p. 110, p. 48, p. 49, p. 51, p. 52.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 204.
- Practical hints respecting moths and butterflies, with notices of their localities: forming a calendar of entomological operations throughout the year, in pursuit of Lepidoptera / by Richard Shield. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 109, p. 109.
- Principles of geology: or the modern changes of the earth and its inhabitants considered as illustrative of geology / London: John Murray, 1867-68. url p. 439.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url , p. 140.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 114, p. 118, p. 119, p. 120, p. 25, p. 32, p. 38, p. 45, p. 60, p. 70, p. 88.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 226, p. 398, p. 399, p. 576, p. 626.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 117, p. 177, p. 312.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url , p. 10, p. 102, p. 102, p. 11, p. 114, p. 115, p. 13, p. 147, p. 15, p. 19, p. 29, p. 47, p. 52, p. 61, p. 69, p. 70, p. 84, p. 86, p. 92, p. 93.
- Proceedings of the fourth International Congress of Zoology, Cambridge, 22-27 August, 1898. Ed. by Adam Sedgwick. London: Clay, 1899. url p. 333, p. 334.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 120, p. 140, p. 222.
- Report of observations of injurious insects and common farm pests, during the year. ..: with methods of prevention and remedy. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., 1885-1901? url p. 160, p. 85, p. 86, p. 88, p. 91.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url , , p. 281, p. 281.
- Report on the injurious insects and other animals observed in the Midland counties / by Walter E. Collinge. Birminingham [Eng.]: Cornish Brothers, 1903- url , , p. 58, p. vi.
- Researches in zoology, illustrative of the structure, habits, and economy of animals. London, John Van Voorst, 1873. url , .
- Schlich's Manual of forestry. London: Bradbury, Agnew & Co., 1904-1906. url p. 324, p. 333.
- Schlich's manual of forestry / by Wm. Schlich. London: Bradbury, Agnew, 1910- url p. 343, p. 344.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 83.
- Second report on economic zoology / by Fred. V. Theobald. London: British Museum (Natural History), 1904. url , p. 196.
- Spixiana. 8 1985 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 334.
- Statiomyidae and succeeding families of the Diptera Brachycera of Great Britain / by G. H. Verrall; drawings of J. E. Collin. [London: Gurney & Jackson, ]1909. url p. 683.
- Strange dwellings: being a description of the habitations of animals, abridged from 'Homes without hand' / by J.G. Wood; with designs by W.F. Keyl, J.B. Zwecker, and E. Smith. London: Longmans, Green, 1903. url p. 171.
- Studies on Myxosporidia; a synopsis of genera and species of Myxosporidia; with 25 plates and 2 textfigures, by Rokusaburo Kudo. .. Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, c1920 url p. 25, p. 90, p. 90.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 146, p. 146, p. 183, p. 183, p. 344, p. 457, p. 503.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 62, p. 62.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 157.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 209, p. 510, p. 536.
- The British Tortrices / by S.J. Wilkinson. London: John van Voorst, 1859. url .
- The British noctuæ and their varieties / by J.W. Tutt. London: Swan, 1891-1892. url .
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 310, p. 311.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 118, p. 118.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 155.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url , , , , , p. 132, p. 141, p. 15, p. 154, p. 167, p. 183, p. 184, p. 186, p. 187, p. 189, p. 192, p. 196, p. 212, p. 224, p. 246, p. 253, p. 260, p. 284, p. 34, p. 39, p. 56, p. 57, p. 58, p. 59.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , , , , , , , , p. 101, p. 104, p. 106, p. 108, p. 108, p. 113, p. 130, p. 133, p. 140, p. 140, p. 141, p. 152, p. 153, p. 162, p. 163, p. 164, p. 170, p. 177, p. 181, p. 189, p. 191, p. 197, p. 201, p. 210, p. 224, p. 229, p. 252, p. 253, p. 254, p. 258, p. 26, p. 264, p. 266, p. 272, p. 276, p. 287, p. 298, p. 317, p. 317, p. 34, p. 341, p. 44, p. 49, p. 50, p. 52, p. 56, p. 62, p. 68, p. 7, p. 75, p. 76, p. 76, p. 83, p. 88.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 284.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url , , , , , p. 101, p. 101, p. 107, p. 107, p. 115, p. 115, p. 120, p. 129, p. 129, p. 13, p. 13, p. 139, p. 141, p. 143, p. 151, p. 154, p. 161, p. 164, p. 167, p. 174, p. 175, p. 175, p. 179, p. 181, p. 185, p. 189, p. 190, p. 191, p. 192, p. 197, p. 199, p. 207, p. 208, p. 217, p. 219, p. 221, p. 226, p. 227, p. 236, p. 241, p. 241, p. 245, p. 251, p. 254, p. 255, p. 256, p. 259, p. 259, p. 261, p. 263, p. 273, p. 273, p. 277, p. 279, p. 294, p. 315, p. 322, p. 34, p. 345, p. 353, p. 353, p. 37, p. 45, p. 46, p. 55, p. 57, p. 58, p. 61, p. 67, p. 72, p. 78, p. 8, p. 82, p. 88, p. 9, p. 9, p. 91.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 109, p. 15, p. 160, p. 198, p. 23, p. 237, p. 300, p. 38, p. 397, p. 416, p. 536, p. 605, p. 73.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 316.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 472.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , p. 10, p. 14, p. 147, p. 19, p. 203, p. 214, p. 250, p. 297, p. 384, p. 59, p. 776, p. 82, p. 97.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 183, p. 35, p. 389.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 462.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 117, p. 66.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 131, p. 57, p. 89, p. 89.
- The Myxosporidia, or Psorosperms of fishes, and the epidemics produced by them. By R.R. Gurley. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1894. url .
- The Naturalist. 1899 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 114, p. 185, p. 235, p. 91.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 217, p. 217.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 197.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url , , , , , p. 149, p. 210, p. 235, p. 237, p. 291, p. 293, p. 365, p. 368, p. 373, p. 378, p. 382, p. 438, p. 444, p. 459, p. 514, p. 570, p. 606, p. 619, p. 645, p. 671, p. 686, p. 689, p. 694, p. 704, p. 710, p. 713, p. 718, p. 718, p. 723, p. 731, p. 739, p. 741, p. 748, p. 769, p. 770, p. 782, p. 785, p. 786, p. 801, p. 819, p. 832, p. 92, p. 93.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 244.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 339, p. 96.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 267, p. 273.
- The bee and white ants, their manners and habits; with illustrations of animal instinct and intelligence. London, Lockwood & co.[1878?] url .
- The biology of insects, by George H. Carpenter. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1928. url p. 383, p. 472.
- The birds of Cheshire / by T. A. Coward and Charles Oldham. Manchester [England]: Sherratt and Hughes, 1900. url p. 83.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 558, p. 708.
- The common moths of England / by the Rev. J.G. Wood; with illustrations by E. Smith, T.W. Wood, and W.S. Coleman. 1870 Glasgow, Manchester, and New York, George Routledge and Sons;  url p. 147.
- The elements of British forestry, a handbook for forest apprentices and students of forestry, by John Nisbet. .. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and Sons url p. 216, p. 343.
- The entomological cabinet; being a natural history of British insects: with plates illustrative of the principal families and genera / George Samouelle. London: G. Henderson, 1841. url , .
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 380.
- The genitalia of the group Tortricidæ of the Lepidoptera of the British Islands: an account of the morphology of the male clasping organs and the corresponding organs of the female / by F. N. Pierce and J. W. Metcalfe; ill. by J. W. Metcalfe, from preparations made by F. N. Pierce. Oundle, Northants: F. N. Pierce, 1922, [c1911] url p. 20, p. xx.
- The genitalia of the group tortricidæ of the Lepidoptera of the British Islands. An account of the morphology of the male clasping organs and the corresponding organs of the female. By F.N. Pierce. .. and the Rev. J.W. Metcalfe. .. Oundle, Northants, F.N. Pierce, 1922 [c1911] url , p. 20.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 198.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 416.
- The insect and other allied pests of orchard, bush and hothouse fruits and their prevention and treatment / Wye, Eng.: Frederick V. Theobald, 1909. url , .
- The insect world: being a popular account of the orders of insects; together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. New York: D. Appleton,  url p. 270.
- The insect world; being a popular account of the orders of insects, together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. From the French of Louis Figuier...Illustrated by 564 woodcuts. By MM. E. Blanchard, Delahaye, after Reaumur. etc. New York: D. Appleton, 1868. url p. 269.
- The manifestation of disease in forest trees, The causes and remedies. London, H. Cox, 1892. url .
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 144.
- The museum of science and art Edited by Dionysius Lardner London, Walton and Maberly, 1854-56 url p. 124.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne / London: Methuen, 1901. url .
- The natural history of Selborne, with its antiquities; naturalist's calendar, & c. London, Orr and Smith, 1836. url p. 287, p. 417.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 272, p. 28, p. 281, p. 295.
- The new forestry, or The continental system adapted to British woodlands and game preservation. Sheffield, Pawson & Brailsford, 1900. url .
- The new forestry; or, The continental system adapted to British woodlands and game preservation. Illustrated by J. Simpson. Sheffield, Pawson & Brailsford, 1903. url p. 199.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 119.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 3083.
- The oak: a popular introduction to forest botany / by H. Marshall Ward. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892. url p. 154.
- The oak; a popular introduction to forest-botany, by H. Marshall Ward. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 175.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 362.
- The practice of forestry, concerning also the financial aspect of afforestation. LondonT.F. Unwin1909 url p. 362.
- The practice of forestry: concerning also the financial aspects of afforestation / by Percival Trentham Maw. London: T. F. Unwin, 1909. url p. 362.
- The protection of woodlands against dangers arising from organic and inorganic causes. As rearranged for the fourth ed. of Kauschinger's Waldschutz. Authorised translation, with numerous notes by John Nisbet EdinburghD. Douglas1893 url p. xiv.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 119.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 119.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 506.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 113.
- The trees of Great Britain & Ireland / by Henry John Elwes and Augustine Henry. Edinburgh: Priv. print., 1906-13. url , p. 1245, p. 1974, p. 290.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 156, p. 203, p. 207, p. 250.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , , , , p. 119, p. 125, p. 171, p. 194, p. 389, p. 59.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 75.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 230, p. 270, p. 50.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 111, p. 16, p. 189, p. 196, p. 29, p. 307, p. 31, p. 66, p. 96.
- Tree wounds and diseases, their prevention and treatment, with a special chapter on fruit trees. PhiladelphiaLippincott[pref.1916] url p. 123, p. 214.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url , p. 164, p. 38.
- Trees: a woodland notebook containing observations on certain British and exotic trees / by Sir Herbert Maxwell; illustrated with photographs by Mr. Henry Irving and others. Glasgow: James Maclehose and Sons, Publishers to the University, 1915. url p. 7.
- Webster's Practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament / by A.D. Webster. London: W. Rider & son, limited,  url p. 204.
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 210.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 149, p. 150, p. 153, p. 155, p. 163, p. 168, p. 172, p. 173, p. 174, p. 175, p. 176, p. 400, p. 401, p. 403, p. 405, p. 415, p. 419, p. 422, p. 428, p. 429, p. 430, p. 431, p. 432, p. 433.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url , p. 1334, p. 15, p. 218, p. 8297, p. 8298.
- Zoology: being a systematic account of the general structure, habits, instincts, and uses of the principal families of the animal kingdom, as well as of the chief forms of fossil remains / by William B. Carpenter. London: Bell & Daldy, 1866-67. url p. 176.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 17, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 28, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 8 providers.
- LepIndex: The Global Lepidoptera Names Index. Release date: June 15, 2005
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The Global Lepidoptera Names Index2, 12.2, 2005.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 28, 2008:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen: Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem: GEO Biodiversity Day
- Finnish Museum of Natural History: Hatikka Observation Data Gateway
- GBIF-Sweden: Bugs (GBIF-SE:Artdatabanken)
- GBIF-Sweden: Lepidoptera (Observations)
- GBIF-Sweden: Lepidoptera (Specimens NRM)
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo: Norwegian Lepidoptera collection, Oslo
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Highland Biological Recording Group - HBRG Lepidoptera dataset
- University of Helsinki, Department of Applied Biology: Lepidoptera collection of Hannu Saarenmaa
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2981742
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Lep-91848.0
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4516805
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 641975