Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
church-martin, Common Starling, English starling, Eurasian Starling, European Starling, Purple-Winged Starling, Starling
Common Names in French:
Ã©tourneau sansonnet, Ètourneau sansonnet
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Obyknovenny Skvorets, Обыкновенный скворец, Скворец обыкновенный
Common Names in Spanish:
Common Names in Swedish:
Adult : Bill: yellow Length : long Shape : pointed Body: Back: black with iridescent purple and green sheen and buffy tips Mantle: black with iridescent purple and green sheen and buffy tips Tail: Length: short.
About 6-8.5 inches long, with a wingspan of 15.5 to 15.5 inches. Adults weigh about 3 ounces .
Vegetation: tropical lowland evergreen forest, second-growth forests and woodlands, arid lowland scrubs, second-growth scrub, arid lowland scrubs, pastures and agricultural lands, gallery forests • Maximum Elevation: 2,000 meters • Foraging Strata: Canopy • Center of Abundance: Lower subtropical: lowlands, lower than 500 m.; subtropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Low
Biome: Marine .
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.4 Shrubland - Temperate
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 12 Marine Intertidal
- 12.5 Marine Intertidal - Salt Marshes (Emergent Grasses)
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.3 Artificial/Terrestrial - Plantations
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas
- 14.6 Artificial/Terrestrial - Subtropical/Tropical Heavily Degraded Former Forest
- 15 Artificial/Aquatic & Marine
- 15.6 Artificial/Aquatic - Wastewater Treatment Areas [more info]
Mostly insects, with some fruit.
early February to late July.
- Breeding Habitat : Urban
- Nest Location: Mid-story/canopy nesting
- Nest Type: Cavity
- Clutch Size: 4-7
- Length of Incubation : 12-14 days
- Days to Fledge : 18-21
- Number of Broods: 2, occasionally 3
Northern birds migrate
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
The European Starling is somewhat similar to blackbirds, cowbirds
and grackles but has a shorter tail, chunkier body, white spots on
the head and body (most evident in fall), and a yellow bill (not
evident in the fall).
Rarer Gray Wagtail has yellow rump and white wing stripe.
Members of the genus Sturnus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 22 species and subspecies in this genus:
S. albofrontatus (White-Faced Starling) · S. burmannicus (Vinous-Breasted Starling) · S. burmannicus burmannicus (Vinous-Breasted Starling) · S. cineraceus (White-Cheeked Starling) · S. contra (Asian Pied Starling) · S. contra contra (Asian Pied Starling) · S. erythropygius (Nicobar White-Headed Starling) · S. malabaricus (Chestnut-Tailed Starling) · S. malabaricus malabaricus (Chestnut-Tailed Starling) · S. melanopterus (Black-Winged Starling) · S. melanopterus melanopterus (Black-Winged Starling) · S. nigricollis (Black-Collared Starling) · S. pagodarum (Black-Headed Starling) · S. philippensis (Chestnut-Cheeked Starling) · S. roseus (Rose-Coloured Starling) · S. senex (Ceylon White-Headed Starling) · S. sericeus (Red-Billed Starling) · S. sinensis (Grey-Backed Starling) · S. sturninus (Purple Backed Starling) · S. unicolor (Spotless Starling) · S. vulgaris (Purple-Winged Starling) · S. vulgaris vulgaris (Blackbird)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , .
- A century of progress in the natural sciences, 1853-1953. San Francisco, 1955. url p. 640.
- A faunal investigation of King Township, York County, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1930. url p. 192, p. 202.
- A faunal investigation of Long Point and vicinity, Norfolk County, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1931. url p. 192.
- A faunal investigation of the Sault Ste. Marie region, Ontario / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, 1942. url p. 142.
- A faunal investigation of western Rainy River District, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1938. url p. 202.
- A first book upon the birds of Oregon and Washington; a pocket guide and pupil's assistant in a study of most of the land birds and a few of the water birds of these states. By William Rogers Lord. Portland, Ore., W. R. Lord, 1913 [c1902] url p. 274.
- A geographic classification of Neotropical mammals. 36 1958 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1958. url p. 642.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 507.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 6.
- A hand-list of genera and species of birds of the Indian empire, by E. C. Stuart Baker. .. Bombay, Printed by order of the committee of the Bombay natural history society url p. 72.
- A history of birds / London: Methuen & Co.,  url .
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 357, p. 8.
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 100.
- A popular handbook of the birds of the United States and Canada / Boston: Little, Brown, 1921. url , .
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url , p. 34, p. 34, p. 532, p. 532.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 246.
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 13.
- An Australian bird book: a pocket book for field use / by J. A. Leach; with introduction by Frank Tate; [photos by Ralph L. Miller; paintings by Ethel M. Paterson]. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs, 1911. url p. 186, p. 186.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- An introduction to the study of viruses. New York, Pitman Pub. Corp. url p. 96.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., state printers, 1916-1918. url p. 243.
- Appendices A-E: terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River NPL sites. Helena?, Mont.: Dept. of Justice?, 1995 url .
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 101, p. 122, p. 128, p. 16, p. 176, p. 184, p. 2, p. 41, p. 43, p. 48, p. 78.
- Atlas of avian hematology / Alfred M. Lucas, Casimir Jamroz. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1961. url p. 269.
- Beach grass, by Charles Wendell Townsend. Boston, Marshall Jones Co., 1923. url p. 317.
- Bio-ecology, by Frederic E. Clements. .. and Victor E. Shelford. .. New York, J. Wiley & Sons, inc.;1939. url p. 227, p. 362, p. 423.
- Biology: concepts and applications / Cecie Starr. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Pub., c1997. url p. 726, p. 807.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 31.
- Bird blow flies (Protocalliphora) in North America (Diptera: Calliphoridae), with notes on the Palearctic species / Curtis W. Sabrosky, Gordon F. Bennett, and Terry L. Whitworth. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, c1989. url p. 237.
- Bird friends: a complete bird book for Americans / Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1916. url .
- Bird friends; a complete bird book for Americans, by Gilbert H. Trafton. Boston, Houghton Mifflin company, 1916. url p. 227.
- Bird guide...east of the Rockies, by Chester A. Reed. New York, Doubleday, Page & Co., 1910. url p. 61.
- Bird guide: land birds east of the Rockies from parrots to bluebirds / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1916, c1909. url p. 61, p. 61.
- Bird neighbors: an introductory acquaintance with one hundred and fifty birds commonly found in the gardens, meadows, and woods about our homes / Neltje Blanchan; introduction by John Burroughs. Garden City, N.Y.: Garden City Pub. Co., c1922. url p. 50.
- Bird populations in east central Illinois: fluctuations, variations, and development over a half-century / Champaign: University of Illinois Press, c1982. url p. 135.
- Bird-hunting through wild Europe / New York: D. Appleton, 1909. url .
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 560, p. 561.
- Birds and nature in natural colors: being a scientific and popular treatise on four hundred birds of the United States and Canada. Chicago: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1913-1914. url .
- Birds beneficial to agriculture, London, Printed by order of the Trustees of the British museum, 1919. url , p. 47.
- Birds in their haunts, by the late C. A. Johns. London, E. P. Dutton, 1909. url .
- Birds of America; editor-in-chief, T. Gilbert Pearson; consulting editor, John Burroughs; artists, R.I. Brasher, R. Bruce Horsfall [and] Henry Thurston. New York, The University Society, 1923. url p. 235.
- Birds of Massachusetts and other New England states / [Norwood, Ma.: Printed by Berwick and Smith Company], 1925-1929 url , p. 449.
- Birds of New York / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1914. url , .
- Birds of New York / by Elon Howard Eaton. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1910-1914. url , p. 219, p. 219, p. 711.
- Birds of New York Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14 url p. 219, p. 711.
- Birds of New York, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14. url , , , .
- Birds of North Carolina, by T. Gilbert Pearson, C. S. Brimley and H. H. Brimley. Raleigh, Edwards & Broughton printing co., state printers, 1919. url p. 216, p. 377, p. 379.
- Birds of eastern Canada / Ottawa: F.A. Acland, 1922. url .
- Birds of eastern Canada / by P. A. Taverner. Ottawa: Acland, 1922. url p. 164, p. 164.
- Birds of eastern North America, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1912. url , .
- Birds of the James Simpson-Roosevelts Asiatic expedition, by Charles E. Hellmayr. 17 1929 Chicago, 1929. url p. 40.
- Birds of the New York city region, by Ludlow Griscom, assistant curator of ornithology, with the cooperation of the Linnæan society of New York. .. New York, The Museum, 1923. url p. 244, p. 398.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url , .
- Birds of the world; a popular account. With a chapter on the anatomy of birds, by Frederic A. Lucas; the whole edited by Robert Ridgway. New York, Holt, 1909. url p. 785, p. 786, p. 791, p. 792.
- Birds useful and birds harmful, by Ottó Herman. .. and J. A. Owen. Manchester, University press, 1909. url .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 63, p. 64.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 3 1963 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 19, p. 22, p. 4, p. 48, p. 70.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 245.
- British birds & their eggs: with a new method of identification / London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds and their eggs: with a new method of identification / by J. Maclair Boraston. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 54.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 54.
- British birds in their haunts. .. Edited, revised, and annotated by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates by William Foster. With a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London, Dutton url p. 54.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 154, p. 361.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 154.
- British birds: descriptions of all the commoner species, their nests, and eggs / by F.B. Kirkman; illustrations by A.W. Seaby. London: Dodge Pub. Co.,  url p. 36.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 4.
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 98.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url , p. 600.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1972 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url p. 139, p. 189, p. 189, p. 199, p. 200, p. 210, p. 34, fig. 37, fig. 38, p. 79, p. 9, p. 9.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 49.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 188, p. 202, p. 204, p. 207, p. 213, p. 218, p. 232, p. 242, p. 337, p. 37, p. 48, p. 51.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 106, p. 54, p. 92, p. 98.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 15, p. 18, p. 19, p. 3.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 117, p. 161, p. 200, p. 256, p. 34.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun and James M. Macoun. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey Branch, 1909. url p. 423.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, Ottawa, Government Printing Bureau, 1909. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, by John Macoun. .. and James M. Macoun. .. Ottawa, Government printing bureau, 1909. url p. 423.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1935 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1935. url p. 217.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 21.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1025, p. 149, p. 313, p. 328, p. 380, p. 426, p. 452, p. 6, p. 761, p. 990.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1025, p. 149, p. 313, p. 380, p. 426, p. 452, p. 6, p. 763, p. 990.
- Catalogue of the Edward E. Ayer Ornithological Library. .. 16 1926 Chicago, 1926. url p. 359.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 106, p. 108, p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 120, p. 127, p. 128, p. 130, p. 131, p. 133, p. 134, p. 135, p. 142, p. 146, p. 151, p. 153, p. 157, p. 158, p. 159, p. 162, p. 164, p. 169, p. 174, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 181, p. 182, p. 187, p. 190, p. 197, p. 200, p. 209, p. 211, p. 212, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 216, p. 218, p. 219, p. 224, p. 225, p. 227, p. 228, p. 232, p. 233, p. 234, p. 24, p. 244, p. 257, p. 258, p. 259, p. 260, p. 261, p. 262, p. 264, p. 265, p. 27, p. 270, p. 274, p. 275, p. 276, p. 277, p. 280, p. 281, p. 285, p. 290, p. 291, p. 293, p. 295, p. 296, p. 297, p. 298, p. 299, p. 300, p. 301, p. 302, p. 304, p. 308, p. 31, p. 314, p. 315, p. 316, p. 325, p. 33, p. 347, p. 35, p. 37, p. 39, p. 44, p. 45, p. 51, p. 525, p. 526, p. 527, p. 528, p. 529, p. 53, p. 530, p. 531, p. 532, p. 54, p. 55, p. 56, p. 57, p. 58, p. 59, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63, p. 64, p. 69, p. 70, p. 74, p. 76, p. 81, p. 85, p. 86, p. 88, p. 93, p. 94, p. 95, p. 98.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 273.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 465, p. 690.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 585, p. 804.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 104, p. 107.
- Circular. Boston, Mass., 1913-1918. url , p. 3.
- Color key to North American birds, with bibliographical appendix, by Frank M. Chapman. .. with upwards of 800 drawings, by Chester A. Reed, B.S. New York, D. Appleton & Company, 1912. url p. 253, p. 278, p. 278, p. 352, p. 352.
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url , .
- Comparative embryology of the vertebrates; with 2057 drawings and photos. grouped as 380 illus. New York, Blakiston url p. 44, p. 45, p. 49, p. 977.
- Comparative physiology of temperature regulation. Editors: John P. Hannon [and] Eleanor Viereck. Fort Wainwright, Alaska, Arctic Aeromedical Laboratory, 1962. url p. 310.
- Controlled natural selection and value marketing, by J. C. Mottram. London, New York [etc.], Longmans, Green and Co., 1914. url p. 119.
- Economic value of the starling in the United States. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1921. url p. 3.
- Effects of highways on wildlife and fish with special reference to Montana a ProCite literature collection / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Egyptian birds: for the most part seen in the Nile Valley / by Charles Whymper. London: A. and C. Black, 1909. url p. 211.
- Elkhorn Slough Estuarine Sanctuary: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award for Elkhorn Slough, Monterey County, California / Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979? url .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 167, p. 230, p. 45.
- Exposure of marine birds to environmental pollutants / by Harry M. Ohlendorf, Robert W. Risebrough, Kees Vermeer. Washington: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1978. url .
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url , p. 33, p. 79.
- Fauna of New England, 11: list of the aves / by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 136, p. 7.
- Fauna of New England. by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 136.
- Field book of wild birds and their music: a description of the character and music of birds, intended to assist in the identification of species common in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains / by F. Schuyler Mathews; with numerous reproductions of water color and monotone studies of birds, and complete musical notations of bird songs by the author. New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, c1921. url p. 324.
- Final environmental impact statement: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary / Albany, N.Y.: The Department,  url p. 58.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 90.
- Fleas of eastern United States, by Irving Fox. .. Ames, Ia., The Iowa State College Press, 1940. url p. 119, p. 127, p. 53.
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 295, p. 305.
- Garden and aviary birds of India. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and Co., 1915. url p. 44, p. 44.
- Guide to the birds of Europe and North Africa. With a biographical memoir by William Eagle Clarke. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1923. url p. 12.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History) LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees url p. 1.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 4.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url , .
- Handlist of the birds of Egypt by M.J. Nicoll. Cairo, Government Press, 1919. url p. 39, p. 40.
- Homing with the birds; the history of a lifetime of personal experience with the birds, by Gene Stratton-Porter. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1919. url p. 379.
- IUCN Directory of Protected Areas in Oceania IUCN url p. 237.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 78.
- Illinois birds: Hirundinidae / Richard R. Graber, Jean W. Graber [and] Ethelyn L. Kirk. Urbana: Illinois Natural History Survey, 1972. url p. 8.
- Invitation to birds; a few of the common birds of Illinois, an invitation to know and enjoy them. Illus. by the author. Springfield, 1948. url p. 63.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 250.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 406, p. 413.
- Lund easement baseline biological inventory / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2001 url .
- Management plan, Robb/Ledford wildlife management area. [Helena]:Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks,  url .
- Mateship with birds, with an introduction by C. J. Dennis. Melbourne, Whitcombe & Tombs url p. 196.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 155, p. 162, p. 165.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 723.
- Methods of attracting birds, BostonHoughton Mifflin Company, 1910. url .
- Methods of attracting birds, by Gilbert H. Trafton. .. Pub. under the auspices of the National association of Audubon societies. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1910. url p. 15.
- Methods of attracting birds. pub. under the auspices of the National Association of Audubon Societies. Boston, Houghton url p. 15.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 43, p. 47, p. 5, p. 51.
- Natural history. New York: American Museum of Natural History. url p. 164.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 754, p. 754.
- Nature neighbors, containing articles by Gerald Alan Abbott, Dr. Albert Schneider, William Kerr Higley...and other eminent naturalists. Ed. by Nathaniel Moore Banta: six hundred forty-eight full-page color plates, con Chicago, American Audobon association[c1914] url , .
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 54.
- North American birds eggs. New York: Dover Pub, . url p. 237, p. 353.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1959 San Diego, The Society. url p. 30, p. 48.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology / edited by R.V. Melville and J.D.D. Smith. London: ICZN, 1987. url p. 173.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url p. 105, p. 112, p. 343.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 180, p. 194, p. 260, p. 467.
- Optimality, constraints, and hierarchies in the analysis of foraging strategies / 1983. url .
- Ornithological gazetteer of Argentina / Raymond A. Paynter. 1995 Cambridge, Mass.: Obtainable from Bird Dept., Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1995. url p. 938.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 200.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 524.
- Our resident birds and how to know them / E.F.M. Elms. London: T. Butterworth,  url p. 18, p. 18.
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by the Montana Bird Distribution Committee. [Helena, MT]:Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996 url p. 89.
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 265, p. 355.
- Pesticides monitoring journal. [Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1967-1981. url , p. 10, p. 102, p. 121, p. 139, p. 193, p. 27, p. 33, p. 4, p. 50, p. 67, p. 86, p. 99.
- Pets and how to care for them, [New York]New York zoological park, 1921. url p. 182, p. 303.
- Pets: their history and care. With illus. from life. New YorkHolt1917 url p. 202, p. 371.
- Pets; their history and care, New York, H. Holt and company, 1917. url , .
- Photoperiodism and related phenomena in plants and animals; proceedings, edited by Robert B. Withrow, with the cooperation of Arthur C. Giese [and others]. Washington, 1959. url p. 714, p. 718, p. 719, p. 723, p. 724, p. 727, p. 732, p. 734, p. 736, p. 737, p. 743, p. 744, p. 882.
- Polychlorinated biphenyl hazards to fish, wildlife, and invertebrates: a synoptic review / by Ronald Eisler (Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service). Laurel, MD: The Service, 1986. url p. 32, p. 63.
- Postilla. New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url p. 6.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Principles of animal ecology, by W. C. Allee [and others] Philadelphia, Saunders Co., 1949. url p. 737.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 167.
- Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Mosman, New South Wales [etc.]The Society. url p. 25, p. 26, p. 52.
- Proceedings of the third USA-USSR symposium on the effects of pollutants upon aquatic ecosystems. Duluth, Minn.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1980. url p. 99.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 58.
- Protozoa. .. by B. L. Bhatia. .. London, Taylor and Francis, 1936- url p. 228, p. 257.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 123, p. 138, p. 14, p. 15, p. 165, p. 18, p. 95.
- Radiation biology, edited by Alexander Hollaender with the cooperation of Austin M. Brues [and others]. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1954-56. url p. 490, p. 508, p. 510.
- Readings in mammalogy / selected from the original literature and introduced with comments by J. Knox Jones, Jr., and Sydney Anderson. [Lawrence, Kans.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1970. url p. 171.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url .
- Report of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents for the year ending June 30. .. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1933-1965. url p. 142, p. 152, p. 154, p. 155, p. 156, p. 159, p. 170.
- Report on economic biology / by Walter E. Collinge. Birminingham [Eng.]: The Midland Educational Co., 1911- url p. 70.
- Reports. OttawaKing's Printer1917 url p. 19.
- Robb/Ledford Wildlife management area: draft management plan. Helena, MT: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, 1999 url .
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 133.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 268, p. 347.
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 318.
- Selected vertebrate endangered species of the seacoast of the United States / prepared by National Fish and Wildlife Laboratory, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. [Washington]: The Service: [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], 1980. url p. 7.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1091, p. 1155, p. 1254, p. 1360, p. 1363.
- Smithsonian year. 1965 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 183, p. 223, p. 229, appendix 7.
- Social feeding behavior of birds. 36 1954 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1954. url p. 21, p. 26, p. 32.
- South Australian ornithologist. Adelaide, South Australian Ornithological Association. url p. 14, p. 18.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url , , p. 1, p. 1, p. 131, p. 134, p. 178, p. 2, p. 213, p. 26, p. 27, p. 281, p. 298, p. 311, p. 313, p. 320, p. 461, p. 5, p. 551, p. 552, p. 553, p. 557, p. 593, p. 594, p. 595, p. 6, p. 611, p. 680, p. 7, p. 7.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url , , , , , .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 104, p. 13, p. 205, p. 266, p. 289, p. 309, p. 315, p. 342, p. 35, p. 50, p. 56.
- Supplement to the birds of Essex County, Massachusetts / Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1920. url , .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 15, p. 28.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 775, p. 836.
- Temporal and social aspects of the foraging ecology of a piscivore, the osprey (Pandion haliaetus) / by Thomas C. Edwards, Jr. 1987. url p. 44, p. 99.
- Terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River Basin / [S.l.: RCG/Hagler, Bailly, Inc.?, 1995 url .
- Territorial and mating behavior of the house wren, with 32 figures, Urbana, The University of Illinois Press, 1941. url p. 33.
- Territory in bird life / by H. Eliot Howard; with illustrations by G.E. Lodge, and H. Grönvold. London: Murray, 1920. url .
- Textbook of zoology / by George Edwin Potter. St. Louis: Mosby, 1947. url p. 595, p. 945.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 255.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 68.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 178, p. 208, p. 214, p. 336, p. 39, p. 71.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 142, p. 90.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url p. 104, p. 682.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 61.
- The Burgess bird book for children, by Thornton W. Burgess, with illustrations in color by Louis Agassiz Fuertes. 1919 Boston: Little, Brown, and company, 1919. url p. 349.
- The Canadian bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred north American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Toronto: Musson Book Co., c1914. url p. 468.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 36 1922 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , , fig. 1 , , , lloyd , kalmbach , , toner, edwards, & curtis , hantzsch , , , cannon , fig. 1 , snyder & speirs , mckenzie , p. 10, p. 10, p. 102, p. 115, p. 117, p. 120, p. 121, p. 124, p. 124, p. 129, p. 130, p. 140, p. 141, p. 144, p. 145, p. 146, p. 147, p. 148, p. 149, p. 15, p. 15, p. 152, p. 152, p. 154, p. 155, p. 156, p. 157, p. 159, p. 160, p. 161, p. 162, p. 165, p. 167, p. 168, p. 17, p. 173, p. 177, p. 177, p. 179, p. 179, p. 180, p. 181, p. 183, p. 185, p. 187, p. 188, p. 189, p. 19, p. 192, p. 193, p. 193, p. 195, p. 197, p. 198, p. 201, p. 202, p. 205, p. 209, p. 212, p. 216, p. 216, p. 217, p. 217, p. 219, p. 219, p. 22, p. 222, p. 227, p. 229, p. 235, p. 238, p. 241, p. 259, p. 260, p. 264, p. 27, p. 273, p. 278, p. 282, p. 283, p. 292, p. 294, p. 300, p. 304, p. 305, p. 308, p. 310, p. 311, p. 318, p. 34, p. 343, p. 349, p. 353, p. 356, p. 358, p. 369, p. 375, p. 378, p. 378, p. 380, p. 381, p. 394, p. 40, p. 402, p. 41, p. 412, p. 42, p. 43, p. 433, p. 437, p. 439, p. 440, p. 441, p. 45, p. 450, p. 458, p. 459, p. 46, p. 464, p. 471, p. 472, p. 473, p. 48, p. 481, p. 490, p. 50, p. 50, p. 500, p. 502, p. 508, p. 511, p. 512, p. 513, p. 52, p. 52, p. 52, p. 523, p. 527, p. 533, p. 543, p. 563, p. 576, p. 58, p. 585, p. 59, p. 593, p. 596, p. 597, p. 60, p. 60, p. 600, p. 607, p. 609, p. 612, p. 613, p. 614, p. 615, p. 616, p. 643, p. 653, p. 671, p. 672, p. 676, p. 678, p. 695, p. 697, p. 705, p. 735, p. 742, p. 75, p. 753, p. 78, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 85, p. 87, p. 9, p. 91, p. 94, p. 96, p. xi, p. xi.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 57 1997 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url whitmore & whitmore, page 131, p. 174, smith, wilson & frost, page 229, p. 285, p. 308, p. 31, p. 359, p. 484, p. 50, p. 520, p. 523, p. 53, p. 57, p. 58, p. 59, p. 651, p. 653, p. 77.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 691.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url p. 20, p. 276, p. 298, p. 299, p. 304, p. 328, p. 709, p. 856.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 136, p. 150, p. 170, p. 183, p. 239, p. 3, p. 36, p. 6.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 42.
- The biology of birds / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: Macmillan, 1923. url p. 435.
- The biology of senescence. New York, Rinehart, 1956. url p. 110.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 314, p. 468.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon, with illustrations in colour and black and white. London: W. Heinemann, 1909. url p. 196.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url , .
- The birds of Connecticut, Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url , , , .
- The birds of Connecticut, by John Hall Sage and Louis Bennett Bishop, assisted by Walter Parks Bliss. Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url p. 185, p. 185, p. 191, p. 191, p. 295, p. 295, p. 296, p. 296, p. 368, p. 368.
- The birds of Somerset Hills / by John Dryden Kuser. [New Jersey]: Published by the author, 1912 url p. 139.
- The birds of Somerset hills / by John Dryden Kuser. [New Jersey]: Published by the author, 1912 url p. 139.
- The birds of the Lake St. Martin region, Manitoba / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1937. url p. 39.
- The birds of the vicinity of Lake Nipissing, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum], 1939. url p. 18.
- The book of birds, common birds of town and country and American game birds, by Henry W. Henshaw. Illustrated in natural colors with 250 paintings, by Louis Agassiz Fuertes; with chapters of "Encouraging birds around the home, " by F. H. Kennard; "The mysteries of bird migratio 1918 Washington, D. C.: National Geographic Society, 1918. url p. 47.
- The book of birds; common birds of town and country and American game birds, by Henry W. Henshaw; illustrated in natural colors with 250 paintings by Louis Agassiz Fuertes. Washington, D.C., National geographic society url p. 47.
- The breeding birds of Pennsylvania. 1913. url .
- The crane-flies of New York. Part II. Biology and phylogeny, by Charles Paul Alexander. Ithaca, 1920 url p. 723.
- The crane-flies of New York. [Ithaca]1919-1920. url p. 723.
- The fauna from the terminal Pleistocene of Palegawra Cave, a Zarzian occupation site in northeastern Iraq / Priscilla F. Turnbull -- and Charles A. Reed --. [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1974. url p. 128.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 16, p. 219.
- The food of Australian birds. An investigation into the character of the stomach and crop contents. A summary of work done by J.B. Cleland. .. J.H. Maiden. .. W.W. Froggatt. .. E.W. Ferguson. .. C.T. Musson. .. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Government Printer, 1918. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 21, p. 95.
- The food of some British wild birds: a study in economic ornithology. By Walter E. Collinge. .. London: Dulau & Co., 1913. url p. 10, p. 109, p. 4, p. 96, p. vii.
- The genetic and the operative evidence relating to secondary sexual characters, by T. H. Morgan. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington, 1919. url p. 77.
- The natural enemies of birds. Boston, Wright and Potter Printing Co., state printers, 1916. url .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The oo?logist's record. London, Harrison and Sons, - url p. 100.
- The ornithology of Chester County, Pennsylvania, Boston, R. G. Badger, [c1919] url .
- The summer birds of Sudbury district, Ontario / [Toronto]: Printed by University of Toronto Press, 1947. url p. 20.
- The summer birds of the northeast shore of Lake Superior, Ontario / [Toronto]: Printed by the University of Toronto Press, 1943. url p. 19.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 228.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 112, p. 115, p. 116, p. 442.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 133, p. 136, p. 157, p. 160, p. 56.
- Travels and traditions of waterfowl. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press url p. 264, p. 287.
- Type-specimens of birds in the British Museum (Natural History) / by R.L.M. Warren & C.J.O. Harrison. London: BM(NH), 1966-1973. url p. 429, p. 589, p. 66.
- University of Iowa studies in natural history. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1918-1948. url , .
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 1 1947 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 168, p. 209, p. 267, p. 341, p. 633, p. 671, p. 673, p. 699.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 9.
- What bird is that? A pocket museum of the land birds of the eastern United States, arranged according to season. New York, D. Appleton[c1920] url .
- Wild life in China; or, Chats on Chinese birds and beasts. Shanghai, "The National Review" Office, 1911. url .
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 110.
- Wildbirds of New York / by Chester A. Reed. Mohonk Lake, N.Y.: Mohonk Salesrooms, c1912. url p. 50.
- Wonders of the bird world, New York, Frederick A. Stokes company,  url .
- Wonders of the bird world, by Bowdler Sharpe...With illustrations by A. T. Elwes. New York: Frederick A. Stokes company,  url p. 353.
- Year book of the Public Museum of the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee, Wis.: Board of Trustees, 1922-1932. url p. 185, p. 185.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 305.
- BirdLife International 2009. Sturnus vulgaris. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 05February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 06, 2007:
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, North West Territories and Nunavut Bird Checklist, Canada
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Royal British Columbia Museum
- New Brunswick Museum, NBM birds
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Bioblitz
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Herts Bird Club - Hertfordshire Breeding Bird Atlas : 1988-1992
- UNIBIO, IBUNAM, CNAV/Coleccion Nacional de Aves
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 5059
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179638
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 3085810
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179637
- IUCN ID: 244191
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPBT01010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 178252