Operculum thin and horny , with numerous spiral lines .
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -67 meters (0 to -220 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Superorder: Vetigastropoda () - Salvini-Plawen, 1980
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Stomatella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the shells contained in the collection of the late Earl of Tankerville: arranged according to the Lamarckian conchological system: together with an appendix, containing descriptions of many new species / by G.B. Sowerby; illustrated with several coloured plates. London: Printed by E.J. Stirling for G.B. Sowerby, 1825. url p. 48.
- A catalogue of the shells, arranged according to the Lamarckian system: with their authorities, synonymes, and references to works where figured or described, contained in the collection of John C. Jay. New York: Craighead, 1850. url p. 109.
- A conchological manual / by G.B. Sowerby, jun. London: H.G. Bohn, 1852. url p. 327.
- A conchological manual. First Edition. / by G.B. Sowerby, Jun. London: G.B. Sowerby, 1839. url p. 126.
- A manual of conchology, according to the system laid down by Lamarck, with the late improvements by De Blainville exemplified and arranged for the use of students. By Thomas Wyatt. New York, Harper & brothers, 1838. url p. 126.
- A manual of the Mollusca, or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells / by S.P. Woodward; illustrated by A.N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London: John Weale, 1851. url p. 145.
- A manual of the Mollusca: a treatise on recent and fossil shells / by Dr. S. P. Woodward; with an appendix of recent and fossil conchological discoveries to the present time, by Ralph Tate; illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London: Virtue & Co., 1868. url p. 267, p. 529, p. 73.
- A manual of the Mollusca: being a treatise on recent and fossil shells. London: C. Lockwood and Co., 1880. url p. 529, p. 73.
- A manual of the Mollusca: or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells / by S. P. Woodward; illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London, J. Weale, 1851-56. url p. 10, p. 145, p. 370.
- A manual of the Mollusca; or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells, by S. P. Woodward. Illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London, J. Weale, 1851-56. url p. 10, p. 145.
- An illustrated introduction to Lamarck's conchology: contained in his Histoire naturelle des animaux sans vertèbres: being a literal translation of the descriptions of the recent and fossil genera / by Edmund A. Crouch. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, & Green, 1827. url p. 31.
- Catalogue of recent shells, in the cabinet of John C. Jay. New York: D. Fanshaw, 1835. url p. 35.
- Catalogue of the mollusca, in the collection of the Government Central Museum, Madras. Madras, Printed at the Asylum Press, by William Thomas, 1867. url p. 33, p. 33.
- Conchologia systematica, or Complete system of conchology: in which the Lepades and conchiferous Mollusca are described and classified according to their natural organization and habits. By Lovell Reeve. .. In two volumes. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans;1841-1842. url p. 40.
- Dr. James C. Cox's exchange list of land and marine shells from Australia and the adjacent islands. Sydney (N.S.W.): [F. Cunninghame & co., printers], 1868. url p. 15.
- Elements of natural history, adapted to the present state of the science, containing the generic characters of nearly the whole animal kingdom, and the descriptions of the principal species. By John Stark. .. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood; [etc., etc.], 1828. url p. 49.
- Guide to the invertebrates of the synoptic collection in the Museum of the Boston society of natural history. By J. M. Arms Sheldon. Boston, The Society, 1905. url p. 217, p. 217.
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 306, p. 306, p. 306, p. 307, p. 307, p. 307, p. 6, p. 6, p. 6, p. 7, p. 7, p. 9, p. 9, p. 9.
- Mesozoic fossils. Ottawa: S.E. Dawson, 1876-1903. url p. 370.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. 1890 Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 140, p. 140, p. 43, p. 52.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 223.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 176, p. 177, p. 284.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 133, p. 182, p. 218, p. 30, p. 345.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 111.
- Structural and systematic conchology: an introduction to the study of the Mollusca... By George W. Tryon, jr.... Philadelphia: The author, 1882-84. url p. 424, p. 424.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 219.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 245.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 112, p. 55, p. 56, p. 58.
- The celebrated collection of shells formed by Mr. H.C. Roeters van Lennep. A catalogue of this valuable and extensive collection of shells. .. comprising a large number of exceedingly rare species, some unique, and all in the finest possible condition. Which will be sold by London, G.B. Sowerby url p. 40.
- The conchologist / Boston: Russell, Odiorne & Metcalf, 1834. url p. 183.
- The conchologist's first book, or, A system of testaceous malachology, arranged expressly for the use of schools: in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, and a great number of new species added: with colored illustrations of two hundred and fifteen shells, presenting a correct type Philadelphia: Barrington and Haswell, 1845. url p. 118.
- The conchologist's first book: a system of testaceous malacology, arranged expressly for the use of schools, in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, a great number of new Philadelphia, Pub. for the Author, by Haswell, Barrington, and Haswell, 1840. url p. 118.
- The conchologist's text-book: embracing the arrangements of Lamarck and Linnaeus with a glossary of technical terms, to which is added a brief account of the mollusca / by William MacGillivray. London: A. Fullarton; [1858?] url p. 96.
- The genera of recent Mollusca: arranged according to their organization. By Henry Adams...and Arthur Adams. LondonJ. Van Voorst, 1858. url p. 435, p. 59.
- Thesaurus conchyliorum, or, Monographs of genera of shells / edited by G.B. Sowerby, Jun., F.L.S. London: Sowerby. .., 1847-1887. url p. 833, p. 844.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1904-1911. url p. 346.
- Transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society. London: John Churchill and Sons, 1867- url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 17, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 08, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database