Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in English:
Atlantic Electric Ray, Atlantic fanfish, fanfish, Rough pomfret, Silver pomfret, silver sea bream
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
Common Names in Norwegian:
sölvbrasen, sölvbrasme, Sølvbrasme
Common Names in Spanish:
Common Names in Swedish:
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -5,404 meters (0 to -17,730 feet).
Biome: Marine .
- Family: n to a depth of 400 m (Ref. 35388). Seasonal mi ()
- Order: Perciformes ()
- Phylum: Chordata () - Chordates
Centropholis goodei Jordan • Centropholis ledanoisi Belloc • Pteraclis carolinus Valenciennes • Pterycombus brama thynniculina Maksimov & Hognestad
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 19-Aug-1994
Members of the genus Pterycombus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... The genera of fishes. .. A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature. By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif., The University, 1917-1920. url p. 189.
- A bibliography of fishes, by Bashford Dean. .. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url p. 254, p. 44, p. 447.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 334, p. 340.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 186.
- Biological sound scattering studies. Washington, 1970- url p. 10, p. 4.
- Catalog of fossil fishes in the Carnegie Museum / by Charles R. Eastman. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, [1911-] url p. 442.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 307.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 307.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 366.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 232, p. 342, p. 40, p. 686, p. 751.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 1106.
- Memoirs of the Carnegie Museum. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901-1936. url p. 442.
- Oceanic ichthyology: a treatise on the deep-sea and pelagic fishes of the world, based chiefly upon the collections made by the steamers "Blake, " "Albatross, " and "Fishhawk" in the northwestern Atlantic, with an atlas con by George Brown Goode and Tarleton H. Bean. Pub. in connection with the National Museum and the Smithsonian institution. 22 1896 Cambridge, U.S.A.: Printed for the Museum, 1896. url p. xi.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 196, p. 40, p. 41, p. 42, p. 43, p. 46, p. 47, p. 49, p. 50.
- Record of fishes obtained in Japan in 1911, by David Starr Jordan and William Francis Thompson. Pittsburgh, Carnegie Institute, 1914 url p. 245.
- Record of the fishes obtained in Japan in 1911 / by David Starr Jordan and William Francis Thompson. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute,  url p. 245.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 241, p. 25.
- Ten years in Sweden: being a description of the landscape, climate, domestic life, forests, mines, agriculture, field sports and fauna of Scandinavia. London, Groombridge and sons, 1865. url .
- The Aquarium. Philadelphia: Aquarium Societies of Brooklyn, Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia, 1912-1914. url , p. 62.
- The genera of fishes. ..: A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature / By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1917-1920. url p. 189.
- American Fisheries Society. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United states, Canada, and Mexico Sixth Edition. Special Publication 29.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 01, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 5 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Thompson, Bruce (from FishBase).
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 01, 2008:
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- GBIF-Sweden: Fishes (NRM)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Museum national d'histoire naturelle: Ichtyologie
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Fish Collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 136867
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-30555
- Fishbase Species ID: 3558
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 170297
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 122615
- Muus, B.J. and J.G. Nielsen (1999). Sea fish. Scandinavian Fishing Year Book, Hedehusene, Denmark. 340 p. [back]
- Haedrich, R.L. (1986). Bramidae. p. 847-853. In P.J.P. Whitehead, M.-L. Bauchot, J.-C. Hureau, J. Nielsen and E. Tortonese (eds.) Fishes of the north-eastern Atlantic and the Mediterranean. UNESCO, Paris. Vol. 2. [back]
- Mean = -2,384.820 meters (-7,824.213 feet), Standard Deviation = 2,053.430 based on 147 observations. Ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]