Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -30 meters (-100 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Praxillella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A monograph of the British marine annelids. 3 1915 London, The Ray society, 1873/1900-1922/23. url p. 330.
- A monograph on the Polychaeta of southern Africa / By J.H. Day, &c. London: BM(NH), 1967. url p. 642, p. 847.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 247.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 287.
- Environmental benchmark studies in Casco Bay, Portland Harbor, Maine, April 1980 / Peter F. Larsen, Anne C. Johnson, and Lee F. Doggett. Woods Hole, Mass.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Northeast Fisheries Center; 1983. url p. 121, p. 125, p. 57.
- Keys to marine invertebrates of the Woods Hole region: a manual for the identification of the more common marine invertebrates / compiled by Ralph I. Smith with the assistance of many other contributors. Woods Hole, Mass.: Systematics-Ecology Program, Marine Biological Laboratory, 1964. url p. 69.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 147, p. 300, p. 303, p. 534, p. 540, p. 569, p. 705.
- The Danish Ingolf-expedition. CopenhagenH. Hagerup1899-1953 url p. 44, p. 71.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 17, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Atlantic Reference Centre
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Bay of Fundy Species List
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Benthic fauna in the Pechora Sea
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Grand Manan Basin Benthos
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Gwaii Haanas Invertebrates
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Historical quantitative benthos grab samples from the Southern Baltic Sea
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Histroical benthic dredge samples from the southern baltic and the North Sea
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, NBI
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Marine Benthic Fauna List, Læsø, Denmark
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Invertebrates
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Marine benthic dataset
- commissioned by UKOOA
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Marine Biological Association - Marine survey data
- held by MarLIN.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 220007
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-67570
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4494338
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 67570
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 504610
- Standard Deviation = 68.220 based on 131 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
Curator for this page: Eriberto de Assis. Date last reviewed: 12/30/1899