Common Names in English:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,793 meters (0 to 9,163 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Name Status: Accepted Name . Latest taxonomic scrutiny: June 24, 1996.
Members of the genus Pooecetes
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 4 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biological investigation of the Athabaska-Mackenzie region. By Edward A. Preble. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1908. url p. 427.
- A distributional list of the birds of Montana, with notes on the migration and nesting of the better known species, by Aretas A. Saunders. Berkeley, Calif., The Club, 1921. url p. 117.
- A faunal investigation of western Rainy River District, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1938. url p. 162.
- A history of the birds of Colorado, London, Witherby & Co., 1912. url .
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 81.
- A preliminary review of the birds of Nebraska, with synopses, Omaha, 1904 url .
- A systematic list of the birds of California / by Joseph Grinnell. Hollywood: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1912. url p. 21.
- An account of the mammals and birds of the lower Colorado Valley: with especial reference to the distributional problems presented / by Joseph Grinnell. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1914. url p. 112.
- Animal and plant life in Oklahoma, Norman, 1917. url .
- Animal life in the Yosemite; an account of the mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians in a cross-section of the Sierra Nevada, by Joseph Grinnell and Tracy Irwin Storer. .. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1924. url , , p. 440.
- Bird notes afield; essays on the birds of the Pacific coast with a field check list, by Charles Keeler; illustrated with reproductions of photographs. San Franciso and New York, P. Elder and company[1907, c1906] url p. 186.
- Birds of California: an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies / Chicago: A.C. McClurg, 1912, c1903. url .
- Birds of California; an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies, Chicago, A.C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- Birds of Oregon, by Ira N. Gabrielson. .. and Stanley G. Jewett. .. Corvallis, Or., Pub. by Oregon State College through the O.S.C. Cooperative Association[c1940] url .
- Birds of South Dakota. By William H. Over and Craig S. Thoms. Vermillion [!]: University of South Dakota, 1920 [i.e. 1921] url p. 113, p. 113.
- Birds of South Dakota. Vermillion, University of South Dakota, 1920 [i.e. 1921] url .
- Birds of the Huachuca mountains, Arizona, by Harry S. Swarth. Los Angeles, Cal.: The Club, 1904. url p. 38.
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 64.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 3 1963 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 24.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , , p. 182, p. 185, p. 643.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 125.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 41 1902 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 137.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 224.
- Camps and cruises of an ornithologist, New York, D. Appleton and Company, [c1908] url .
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1938 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1938. url p. 513.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 673.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 340.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 598.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 87.
- Field book of birds of the southwestern United States, by sqther E. Wyman. .. and Elizabeth F. Burnell. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1925. url p. 178.
- Field notes on amphibians, reptiles and birds of northern Humboldt County, Nevada, with a discussion of some of the faunal features of the region, Berkeley, University of California Press, 1912. url , .
- Handbook of birds of the western United States, including the great plains, great basin, Pacific slope, and lower Rio Grande valley, by Florence Merriam Bailey, with thirty-three full-page plates by Louis Agassiz Fuertes, and over six hundred cuts in the text. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1904. url p. 329.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 492.
- List of North Dakota birds: found in the Big Coulee, Turtle Mountains and Devils lake region. As noted during the years 1890 to 1896 and verified in the subsequent years to date / by Elmer T. Judd. Cando, N.D., 1917. url p. 23.
- Nature's invitation; notes of a bird-gazer north and south, Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1904. url .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 225, p. 35, p. 44, p. 95.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1959 San Diego, The Society. url p. 35.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 11, p. 11, p. 112, p. 113, p. 113, p. 117, p. 191, p. 21, p. 38, p. 38, p. 38, p. 52, p. 52, p. 69, p. 69, p. 76, p. 76, p. 77, p. 77.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url , p. 101, p. 233.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 284, p. 316, p. 325, p. 515, p. 597, p. 83.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 1 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 126.
- Report number I, the natural resources survey of the Conservation and Natural Resources Commission of New Mexico. Santa Fe, N.M.: New Mexican Printing Co., 1911. url p. 42.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 19 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 126.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 137, p. 14, p. 150, p. 151, p. 201, p. 213, p. 23, p. 284, p. 31, p. 310, p. 323, p. 333, p. 346, p. 39, p. 397, p. 405, p. 419, p. 42, p. 431, p. 460, p. 469, p. 533, p. 561, p. 570, p. 585, p. 667.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 51 1937 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 141, p. 30, p. 58.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 335.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 139, p. 208.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 7 1913 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 152.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 124, p. 137, p. 85.
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 335.
- The birds of El Paso County, Colorado / Colorado Springs: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of Colorado College, 1914 url .
- The birds of Fergus County, Montana / by P. M. Silloway. Lewistown, Mont.: Press of the Argus, 1903. url p. 54, p. 76.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url .
- The birds of Texas; an annotated check list, Waco, Tex., The University, 1912. url .
- The birds of Washington: a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state / by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 106.
- The birds of Washington; a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state, by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: The Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 106.
- The birds of Wyoming, with an explanation of recent changes in their distribution; economic aspect also considered. By B. H. Grave and Ernest P. Walker. [Laramie]University of Wyoming, 1913. url p. 61.
- The birds of Wyoming. [Laramie, Wyoming Experiment Station]1902. url .
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 113, p. 149, p. 171, p. 207, p. 23, p. 249.
- The oologists' hand-book: 1885 catalogue of American birds' eggs, and oological supplies, with prices at which they may be obtained of / Frank H. Lattin. Rochester (N.Y.): John P. Smith, Printer, 1885. url p. 20.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 6 1931 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 298, p. 373, p. 406, p. 456.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 166.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 1 1947 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 211, p. 508.
- Wild animals of Glacier National Park. The mammals, with notes on physiography and life zones, by Vernon Bailey. .. The birds, by Florence Merriam Bailey. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 207.
- Zoology of Colorado, by Theodore D.A. Cockerell. .. Boulder, Col., University of Colorado, 1927. url p. 86.
- [Collected reprints, 1911-1931. s.l., s.n., 19--] url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 18, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 5 providers.
- Peterson, Alan P. Zoological Nomenclature Resource. Accessed June 19, 2009.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 592267
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179368
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13903037
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179368
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 407168