- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Suborder: Discopoda () - P. Fischer, 1884
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Planaxis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the shells contained in the collection of the late Earl of Tankerville: arranged according to the Lamarckian conchological system: together with an appendix, containing descriptions of many new species / by G.B. Sowerby; illustrated with several coloured plates. London: Printed by E.J. Stirling for G.B. Sowerby, 1825. url .
- A manual of the Mollusca: a treatise on recent and fossil shells / by Dr. S. P. Woodward; with an appendix of recent and fossil conchological discoveries to the present time, by Ralph Tate; illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London: Virtue & Co., 1868. url p. 80.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 188.
- Annual report - Western Society of Malacologists. Pomona, Calif., Western Society of Malacologists. url p. 13, p. 36.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 420.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. 33 1951 Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url p. 294.
- Catalogue of the Doane collection of shells, presented by Mrs. Rose Delano to the Marion natural history society. s.n., The Wareham press, 19--? url p. 41.
- Elements of conchology: an introduction to the natural history of shells and of the animals which form them / by Lovell Reeve; in two volumes. London: Published by the Author, 1860. url p. 255.
- Hand list of Mollusca in the Indian Museum, Calcutta by Geoffrey Nevill. Calcutta, Printed by order of the trustees, 1878-1884. url p. 186.
- Hand list of mollusca in the Indian Museum, Calcutta / by Geoffrey Nevill. Calcutta: [s.n.], 1878-1884 [i.e., 1885] url p. 186.
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 289, p. 289, p. 289, p. 289, p. 305, p. 305, p. 305, p. 472, p. 472, p. 472.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 240.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 230.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url , , p. 570.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 40.
- The Mollusca and the Brachiopoda. Cambridge, Harvard College, Museum of Comparative Zoology]1908. url p. 230.
- The conchologist's nomenclator: a catalogue of all the recent species of shells included under the subkingdom "Mollusca, " with their authorities. .. / by Agnes Catlow; assisted by Lovell Reeve. London: Reeve Brothers, 1845. url p. 283.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 17, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 07, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica