Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Names in French:
Adult Female: Head : dark brown Bill: Size: dark brown Neck: dark brown Body: Back: dark brown with white spots Breast: dark brown Upperparts: dark brown Tail: dark brown with white tips on underside of outer feathers.Adult Male: Head: blackish Face : Eye Color: red Bill: blackish Body: Belly: white Chest: blackish Flanks: cinnamon-rufous Sides: cinnamon-rufous Upperparts: blackish olive Legs : Foot Color: creamy pink Leg Color: creamy pink Tail: black with white tips on underside of outer feathers Undertail Coverts: cinnamon-rufous.
About 7 to 7.5 inches long, with a wingspan of 10 to 11 inches.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,013 meters (0 to 16,447 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 1.9 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Montane
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 3.6 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Moist
- 3.7 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical High Altitude
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.6 Artificial/Terrestrial - Subtropical/Tropical Heavily Degraded Former Forest [more info]
- Breeding Habitat : Successional-scrub
- Nest Location: Ground-low nesting
- Nest Type: Open-cup
- Length of Incubation : 12-13 days
- Days to Fledge : 10-12
- Number of Broods: 2, occasionally 3 in south
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 11-Oct-2007
Members of the genus Pipilo
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 21 species and subspecies in this genus:
P. aberti (Abert's Towhee) · P. aberti aberti (Abert's Towhee) · P. albicollis (White-Throated Towhee) · P. chlorurus (Chestnut-Crowned Towhee) · P. crissalis (Inyo California Towhee) · P. crissalis crissalis (California Towhee) · P. crissalis eremophilus (Inyo California Towhee) · P. erythrophthalmus (Rufous- Sided Towhee) · P. erythrophthalmus alleni (Eastern Towhee) · P. erythrophthalmus arcticus (Eastern Towhee) · P. erythrophthalmus erythrophthalmus (Eastern Towhee) · P. erythrophthalmus socorroensis (Eastern Towhee) · P. fuscus (Argus Mountains Towhee) · P. fuscus albigula (Brown Towhee) · P. fuscus bullatus (Brown Towhee) · P. fuscus fuscus (Brown Towhee) · P. fuscus relictus (Brown Towhee) · P. maculatus (Spotted Towhee) · P. maculatus clementae (Spotted Towhee) · P. ocai (Collared Towhee) · P. socorroensis (Socorro Towhee)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 86.
- A biological reconnaissance in the vicinity of Flathead Lake, Missoula, University of Montana, 1902. url .
- A catalogue of the birds of Indiana / by Amos W. Butler. S.l.: s.n., 1891? url p. 115.
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 10.
- A check list of North-American birds by Elliott Coues. Salem, Mass.: F.W. Putnam, 1879. url , .
- A distributional list of the birds of Arizona / Hollywood, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1914. url , , .
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url p. 106, p. 108, p. 113, p. 116, p. 119.
- A history of North American birds land birds / by S. F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1874. url p. 108, p. 113, p. 113, p. 116, p. 119.
- A history of North American birds, by S.F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Land birds, illustrated by 64 chromo-lithographic plates and 593 woodcuts. Boston, Little, Brown, 1875. url p. 106, p. 113, p. 116.
- A history of the birds of Colorado, by William Lutley Sclater. .. London, Witherby & co., 1912. url p. 564, p. 570.
- A manual of North American birds by Robert Ridgway. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1887. url .
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 617, p. 635, p. 638.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 436, p. 617, p. 635, p. 638.
- A study of the structure of feathers, with reference to their taxonomic significance, by Asa C. Chandler. Berkeley, University of California press, 1916. url p. 381, p. 438, p. 446.
- American bird magazine, ornithology. Worcester, Mass.: C.K. Reed, 1903-1906. url p. 135.
- Animal life in the Yosemite; an account of the mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians in a cross-section of the Sierra Nevada, by Joseph Grinnell and Tracy Irwin Storer. .. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1924. url , , p. 477, p. 477.
- Annals - Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America. url p. 374.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 108.
- Biologia centrali-americana: Aves / [London: R.H. Porter], 1879-1904. url , , , .
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 106, p. 289, p. 290, p. 56.
- Bird notes afield; essays on the birds of the Pacific coast with a field check list, by Charles Keeler; illustrated with reproductions of photographs. San Franciso and New York, P. Elder and company[1907, c1906] url p. 192.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 289, p. 290.
- Birds of America; editor-in-chief, T. Gilbert Pearson; consulting editor, John Burroughs; artists, R.I. Brasher, R. Bruce Horsfall [and] Henry Thurston. New York, The University Society, 1923. url p. 60.
- Birds of Oregon, by Ira N. Gabrielson. .. and Stanley G. Jewett. .. Corvallis, Or., Pub. by Oregon State College through the O.S.C. Cooperative Association[c1940] url , p. 554, p. 636.
- Birds of the Kansas City region [by] Harry Harris. [St. Louis, Mo.]1919 url p. 304.
- Birds of the Northwest: a hand-book of the ornithology of the region drained by the Missouri River and its tributaries / by Elliott Coues. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 175.
- Birds of the Pacific coast, including a brief account of the distribution and habitat of one hundred and eighteen birds that are more or less common to the Pacific coast states and British Columbia, many of which are found east by Willard Ayres Eliot; with fifty-six color plates, by R. Bruce Horsfall. 1923 New York, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1923. url p. 197.
- Birds of the Rockies, by Leander S. Keyser... with eight full-page plates [four in color] by Louis Agassiz Fuertes; many illustrations in the text by Bruce Horsfall, and eight views of localities from photographs; with a c Chicago, A. C. McClurg and co., 1902. url p. 336, p. 336.
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 58, p. 65.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 141, p. 1781, p. 1827, p. 1848, p. 1851, p. 22, p. 26, p. 336, p. 405, p. 410, p. 412, p. 413, p. 414, p. 415, p. 417, p. 418, p. 419, p. 420, p. 421, p. 422, p. 423, p. 581, p. 598, p. 601, p. 678, p. 688, p. 69, p. 697.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 30.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 64, p. 80.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 192.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 150, p. 150, p. 151, p. 191, p. 225, p. 225, p. 235, p. 235.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 192.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 89, p. 89.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun. Ottawa, Printed by S. E. Dawson, 1900-1904. url p. 525.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1938 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1938. url p. 452, p. 454, p. 455, p. 459, p. 460, p. 461.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 747, p. 749, p. 751.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 282, p. 283.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 282, p. 283.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 331, p. 488, p. 490, p. 492, p. 503, p. 504, p. 505, p. 522.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url , , , , .
- Check-list of North American birds: according to the canons of nomenclature of the American Ornithologists' Union. [s.l.]: The Union, 1889. url , , p. 53.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 173.
- Evolution of the colors of North American land birds / by Charles A. Keeler. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, 1893. url p. 216, p. 309, p. 310, p. 347.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 198, p. 41.
- Field ornithology comprising a manual of instruction for procuring, preparing and preserving birds and a check list of North American birds / by Elliott Coues. Boston: Estes & Lauriat, 1874. url , .
- Field ornithology. Comprising a manual of instruction for procuring, preparing and preserving birds, and a check list of North American birds Salem [Mass.]Naturalists' Agency, 1874 url p. 41, p. 43.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url .
- Handbook of birds of the western United States, including the great plains, great basin, Pacific slope, and lower Rio Grande Valley, by Florence Merriam Bailey; with thirty-three full-page plates by Louis Agassiz Fuertes, and over six hundred cuts in the text. BostonHoughton, Mifflin and company, 1902. url , p. 54.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 345, p. 666.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 109, p. 124, p. 135.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , p. 876.
- List of the described birds of Mexico, Central America, and the West Indies: not in the collection of the Smithsonian Institution / Smithsonian Institution. Washington, DC: The Institution, 1863? url p. 2.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 755, p. 755.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds: with a chapter on ornithological and oölogical collecting (the preparation of skins, nests and eggs for the cabinet). Toronto: Musson url p. 377, p. 397.
- New Mallophaga, 3. Comprising: Mallophaga from birds of Panama, Baja California and Alaska. San FranciscoCalifornia Academy of Sciences1899 url p. 141, p. 86.
- Nomenclature of North American birds chiefly contained in the United States National Museum. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1881. url , , .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 13.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 216, p. 309, p. 347.
- Ornithologist and oo?logist Pawtucket, R.I. url p. 74.
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. New York: S. Hess,  url p. 653.
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by the Montana Bird Distribution Committee. [Helena, MT]:Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996 url p. 102.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 114, p. 114, p. 118, p. 132, p. 133, p. 58, p. 58, p. 58, p. 59, p. 59, p. 84, p. 85, p. 86, p. 86, p. 86.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 96.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 276, p. 296, p. 298, p. 302, p. 410, p. 56.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 215, p. 215, p. 89.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 225.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url , p. 272, p. 296, p. 298, p. 302, p. 410, p. 504, p. 770.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 9 1886 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 147, p. 181, p. 212, p. 233, p. 419, p. 580, p. 612, p. 642, p. 68.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1910-1943. url .
- Report of a reconnaissance from Carroll, Montana Territory, on the upper Missouri, to the Yellowstone National Park, and return, made in the summer of 1875 / Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1876. url .
- Report upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian / Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1875-1889. url p. 303.
- Report upon ornithological specimens collected in the years 1871, 1872, and 1873 / U. S. Army, Engineer Dept., Geographical and Geological Explorations and Surveys West of the One hundredth Meridian; [by H.C. Yarrow and H.W. Henshaw]. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 120, p. 45, p. 81.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Washington, A. O. P. Nicholson, printer [etc.]1855-60. url .
- Results of a biological survey of mount Shasta, California, by C. Hart Merriam, chief of Divison of Biological Survey. Washington, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. Div. of Biological Survey: 1899. url p. 57.
- Significance of white markings in birds of the order Passeriformes / Berkeley: The University Press, 1910. url .
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 22 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 181, p. 212, p. 415, p. 419, p. 42, p. 510, p. 78, p. 99.
- Summer birds of Flathead Lake / by P.M. Silloway. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901. url .
- Summer birds of Flathead Lake, [Missoula]University of Montana, 1901. url .
- Supplement to the code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds. adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; prepared by a Committee of the Union. New York: The Union, 1889-1920. url p. 380.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 75.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 107, p. 120, p. 124, p. 135, p. 14, p. 146, p. 151, p. 157, p. 161, p. 194, p. 202, p. 207, p. 257, p. 285, p. 287, p. 296, p. 324, p. 382.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 101, p. 114, p. 119, p. 138, p. 162, p. 181, p. 196, p. 239, p. 256, p. 376, p. 394, p. 667, p. 71.
- The Coues check list of North American birds [Elliott Coues]. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url .
- The Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History. Cincinnati: The Society, 1878/79 [i.e. 1878 or 1879]-1945. url p. 57.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 158.
- The Pacific coast races of the Bewick wren, by Harry S. Swarth. San Francisco, The Academy, 1916. url p. 62.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 211.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1375, p. 1393.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 211.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 360.
- The birds of Colorado / Fort Collins, Colo.: State Agricultural College, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1897. url , .
- The birds of North America: one hundred and nineteen artistic colored plates representing the different species and varieties drawn and colored from nature: including a copious text giving a popular account of their habits and 1903 New York: Published under the auspices of the Natural Science Association of America, 1903. url p. 132, p. 133.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- The birds of Texas; an annotated check list, Waco, Tex., The University, 1912. url .
- The birds of the Red Deer River, Alberta. n.p., n.d. url p. 257.
- The code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; being the report of the Committee of the Union on Classification and Nomenclature. New York, 1886. url p. 283.
- The practical value of birds, by Junius Henderson. Boulder, Col., 1913. url p. 35.
- Timber management: a programmatic environmental analysis record for BLM-administered lands in western Oregon / Office, 1974 url p. 69.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 23 1919 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 304.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Geo. W. Martin url p. 108.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 112, p. 299, p. 334, p. 342, p. 381, p. 390, p. 403, p. 408, p. 419, p. 438, p. 446, p. 526.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 1 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 606, p. 612, p. 682.
- Western birds, by Harriet Williams Myers. New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 200.
- Yosemite nature notes. [Yosemite National Park, Calif.: Yosemite Natural History Association url p. 134.
- Zoe:a biological journal. San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 178.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url .
- [Collected reprints, 1911-1931. s.l., s.n., 19--] url .
- BirdLife International 2004. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 18, 2008.
- BirdLife International 2009. Pipilo maculatus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 04February2012.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 03, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- Hines, J. E., Gregory Gough, J. R. Sauer, et al. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Peterson, Alan P. Zoological Nomenclature Resource. Accessed June 19, 2009.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2005. The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2004. Version 2005.2. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
- Sauer, J. R., S. Schwartz, and B. Hoover. 1996. The Christmas Bird Count Home Page. Version 95.1. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 03, 2008:
- Avian Knowledge Network: eBird
- Avian Knowledge Network: Great Backyard Bird Count
- Avian Knowledge Network: Project FeederWatch
- Borror Laboratory of Bioacoustics
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility: Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds (Aves)
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility: Royal British Columbia Museum
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Bird Collection
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- New Brunswick Museum: NBM birds
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- University of Alaska Museum of the North: University of New Mexico Museum of Southwestern Biology Bird Collection
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology (UMMZ): Bird specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 7322
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-730449
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 14706367
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 554380
- IUCN ID: 233116
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPBX74080
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 13610