Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Wavy Striped Flea Beetle
Common Names in French:
Altise De Navats
Common Names in German:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,500 meters (0 to 8,202 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Snodgrass, 1938
- Heymons, 1901
- Suborder: Polyphaga () - Emery, 1886 - a genus of Blister Beetles (Meloidae)
- Infraclass: Pterygota ()
- Subclass: Dicondylia ()
- Epiclass: Hexapoda ()
- Superclass: Panhexapoda ()
- Infraphylum: Atelocerata () - Heymons, 1901
- Subphylum: Mandibulata () - Snodgrass, 1938
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Phyllotreta
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 9 species and subspecies in this genus:
P. armoraciae (Horseradish Flea Beetle) · P. cruciferae (Crucifer Flea Beetle) · P. nemorum (Striped Flea Beetle) · P. ochripes (Flea Beetle) · P. pusilla (Western Black Flea Beetle) · P. striolata (Striped Flea Beetle) · P. undulata (Turnip Flea Beetle) · P. vittata (Wavy Striped Flea Beetle) · P. vittula (Barley Flea Beetle)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A manual for the study of insects / by John Henry Comstock and Anna Botsford Comstock. Ithaca, N.Y.: The Comstock Pub. Co., 1920. url p. 694.
- A manual for the study of insects, by John Henry Comstock. .. and Anna Botsford Comstock. .. Ithaca, N.Y., Comstock Publishing Company, 1916 [c1895] url p. 578, p. 694.
- A manual for the study of insects. Rev. ed. By John Henry Comstock, and Anna Botsford Comstock, and Glenn W. Herrick. Ithaca, N. Y., Comstock Pub. Co., 1930. url p. 396.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1917. url p. 6.
- A manual of the study of insects, Ithaca, N.Y.: Comstock publishing company, 1895. url p. 694.
- An illustrated descriptive catalogue of the Coleoptera or beetles (exclusive of the Rhynchophora) known to occur in Indiana. Indianapolis, Nature Pub. Co.[n.d.] url p. 1196, p. 1197.
- An introduction to entomology, by John Henry Comstock. Ithaca, New York, The Comstock publishing co., inc., 1933. url p. 1034.
- An introduction to entomology. Ithaca, N.Y., Comstock, 1949. url p. 1054.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url , p. 106, p. 119, p. 12, p. 12, p. 13, p. 143, p. 152, p. 60, p. 79, p. 81, p. 86.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 160, p. 426.
- Annual report of the Board of Control of the New York Agricultural Experiment Station. Geneva, N.Y., Published by the Station under authority of Cornell University. url p. 568.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 163, p. 164.
- Annual report of the Entomologist of the State Experiment Station of the University of Minnesota, to the Governor for the year. .. Delano: Eagle Print. Co., -1902 url p. 243.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 217, p. 239, p. 260.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 350, p. 354.
- Annual report of the New Jersey state museum. 1901-12, 1914. Trenton, New Jersey. [etc.]1902-15. url p. 350, p. 354.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 44.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants from Insects and Fungous Diseases. Quebec: The Society, 1909-1920. url , p. 26, p. 41, p. 77, p. 95.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 195, p. 353, p. 392, p. 403, p. 405, p. 419, p. 426, p. 429, p. 469, p. 480, p. 485, p. 487, p. 492, p. 517, p. 536, p. 550, p. 580.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 144, p. 172.
- Annual report of the State Entomologist of Minnesota to the Governor for the year. .. St. Anthony Park, Minn.: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1916. url p. 195, p. 78.
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 99.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 325, p. 393.
- Bibliography of the more important contributions to American economic entomology. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1889-1905. url p. 261, p. 327, p. 35, p. 413, p. 433, p. 58.
- Biology code of the Chemical-Biological Coordination Center... Washington, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, 1960. url p. 40.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 160, p. 353, p. 405, p. 419, p. 426, p. 429, p. 480, p. 580, p. 590.
- Bulletin / Ontario Department of Agriculture. Toronto: The Dept., [1905- url p. 31.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 53.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 14, p. 2, p. 2, p. 62, p. 8.
- Bulletin. [Hanover, N.H.]: New Hampshire Agricultural Experiment Station, 1888-1948. url .
- Catalogue of insects found in New Jersey. Trenton, N. J.: John L. Murphy, 1890. url p. 227.
- Catalogue of the exhibit of economic entomology at the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago Ill., 1893, Washington, D.C., U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Entomology, 1893. url p. 60.
- Class book of economic entomology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1919] url p. 314, p. 76, p. 86.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1818, p. 200.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 223, p. 550, p. 690.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 550, p. 690.
- Economic entomology for the farmer and fruit-grower, Philadelphia and London, J. B. Lippincott company[c1906] url p. 221, p. 471.
- Economic value of the starling in the United States. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1921. url p. 62.
- Entomologica Americana. [Lawrence, Kan., etc.]New York Entomological Society [etc.] url p. 177.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 304, p. 325, p. 325.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 122, p. 232, p. 37, p. 42, p. 7.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 154, p. 54, p. 761, p. 851, p. 856, p. 974.
- Farm and garden rule-book; New York, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 581.
- Farm and garden rule-book; a manual of ready rules and reference with recipes, precepts, formulas, and tabular information for the use of general farmers, gardeners, fruit-growers, stockmen, dairymen, poultrymen, foresters, rur New York, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 303, p. 581.
- Field book of insects, with special reference to those of northeastern United States, aiming to answer common questions, by Frank E. Lutz. New York, G. P. Putnam, c1921. url , p. 373.
- Fifth annual report of the entomologist of the State Experiment Station of the University of Minnesota to the governor, for the year 1899. / by Otto Lugger. St. Paul: McGill-Warner, 1899. url p. 165, p. 166.
- Final report of the state geologist. Trenton, N.J.: The Survey, 1888- url p. 227.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 141, p. 678.
- Gardening for the South; or, How to grow vegetables and fruits. By the late William N. White. Richmond, Va.B. F. Johnson, 1901. url p. 141, p. 678.
- Index to the literature of American economic entomology. Melrose Highlands, Mass. [etc.], American Association of Economic Entomologists [etc.], 1917-62. url p. 244, p. 283, p. 296, p. 354.
- Injurious and beneficial insects of California. / By E. O. Essig. Sacramento, California state printing office, 1915 url , , , , p. 23, p. 282, p. 282, p. 52, p. 68, p. 74, p. 78, p. 80.
- Injurious insects and the use of insecticides a new descriptive manual on noxious insects, with methods for their repression / Philadelphia: W. Atlee Burpee & Co., 1894. url p. 215.
- Injurious insects and useful birds, successful control of farm pests, by F. L. Washburn.. 414 illustrations in text and four colored plates. London, J. B. Lippincott,  url p. 235, p. 448.
- Injurious insects; how to recognize and control them, by Walter C. O'Kane. .. illustrated with 600 original photographs. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 158, p. 158.
- Insect foes and how to destroy them economic entomology / by J. Hoyes Panton. [London, Ont.?: s.n.], 1895 url .
- Insect injurious to staple crops. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1902. url p. 264.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url , p. 23, p. 23, p. 24, p. 24, p. 27, p. 31, p. 31, p. 32, p. 32, p. 33, p. 33, p. 34, p. 34, p. 40, p. 41, p. 43, p. 43, p. 434, p. 435, p. 436.
- Insect pests and plant diseases: containing remedies and suggestions recommended for adoption by farmers, fruit-growers, and gardeners of the province / Victoria, B.C.: Dept. of Agriculture, 1897. url .
- Insect pests of farm, garden and orchard / by E. Dwight Sanderson. New York: Wiley, 1915, c1912. url , p. 335, p. 375, p. 376.
- Insects and insecticides. A practical manual concerning noxious insects and the methods of preventing their injuries. New York, Orange Judd company, 1895. url p. 333.
- Insects and insecticides: A practical manual concerning noxious insects and the methods of preventing their injuries. By Clarence M. Weed. New York: Orange Judd Company, 1904, c1891 url p. 333.
- Insects and insecticides: a practical manual concerning noxious insects and the methods of preventing their injuries / by Clarence M. Weed. New York: Orange Judd, 1895. url p. 255, p. 333.
- Insects injurious to fruits / By William Saunders. Illustrated with four hundred and forty wood-cuts. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1889. url p. 330, p. 427, p. 427.
- Insects injurious to fruits. By William Saunders. .. Illustrated with four hundred and forty wood-cuts. Philadelphia [etc.]: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1911. url p. 427.
- Insects injurious to fruits. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 330.
- Insects injurious to staple crops / By E. Dwight Sanderson. New York: J. Wiley, 1902. url p. 264.
- Insects injurious to vegetables, New York, O. Judd Co., 1907. url p. 146.
- Insects injurious to vegetables, by F. H. Chittenden. New York, O. Judd Co., 1907. url p. 146.
- Insects of New Jersey; a list of the species occurring in New Jersey, with notes on those of economic importance, by John B. Smith. Trenton, N. J., MacCrellish & Quigley, state printers, 1900. url p. 312, p. 312, p. 316, p. 316.
- Journal of the New-York Microscopical Society. New York: The Society, 1885- url p. 38.
- Late cabbage, from seed until harvest, also seed raising, by E. N. Reed. New York, John Wiley & sons, inc. [etc., etc.]c1917. url p. 22.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 203, p. 349.
- Manual of vegetable-garden insects, by Cyril Richard Crosby and Mortimer Demarest Leonard. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 324.
- Memorial of life and entomologic work of Joseph Albert Lintner, state entomologist, 1874-98, by Ephraim Porter Felt. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1899. url p. 353, p. 405, p. 419, p. 426, p. 429, p. 480, p. 517, p. 536, p. 550, p. 580, p. 590.
- On the Coleoptera known to occur in Indiana. Indianapolis, W.B. Burford, contractor for state printing, 1910. url p. 1196.
- Order Coleoptera / [John Bernhard Smith?] Trenton?: New Jersey State Museum, 1909? url p. 354.
- Outlines of entomology. Prepared for the use of farmers and horticulturists. At the request of the secretary of the State board of agriculture and the State horticultural society of Missouri. By Mary E. Murtfeldt. .. Jefferson City, Mo., Tribune printing company, state printers and binders, 1891. url .
- Practical farming and gardening; or, Money saving methods in farming, gardening, fruit growing, also horse, cattle, sheep, hog and poultry raising. .. by an eminent array of specialists. . ed. by Willis MacGerald. .. Marietta, O., The S.A. Mullikin Company, 1914. url p. 160.
- Principles of plant culture: an elementary treatise designed as a text-book for beginners in agriculture and horticulture / by E. S. Goff. Madison: E. S. Goff, 1899, c1897. url p. 161.
- Principles of plant culture; an elementary treatise designed as a text-book for beginners in agriculture and horticulture. Madison, Wis., The Author, 1899 [c1897] url .
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 640, p. 640.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 133, p. 135, p. 157, p. 750.
- Proceedings. Toronto. url p. 106, p. 112, p. 116, p. 119, p. 143, p. 152, p. 79.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 9.
- Report of the Fruit Growers' Association of Ontario: for the year. .. Toronto: C. Blackett Robinson, url .
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 160, p. 301, p. 338, p. 392, p. 426, p. 469, p. 485, p. 487, p. 492, p. 528, p. 550, p. 555, p. 599, p. 60, p. 613, p. 629.
- Report of the State Entomologist to the Regents of the University of the State of New York. .. [Albany: University of the State of New York], 1884- url p. 195, p. 99.
- Report of the proceedings of the third entomological meeting: held at Pusa on the 3rd to 15th February 1919 / edited by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Supt. of Government Printing, 1920. url p. 232.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 1127, p. 280, p. 282.
- Report on the injurious and other insects of the State of New York. Albany: State Entomologist, 1882-1898. url p. 301, p. 338, p. 469, p. 485, p. 487, p. 492, p. 528, p. 550, p. 599, p. 60, p. 613, p. 624.
- Report upon the insects of the season in Iowa. By Herbert Osborn. Washington, 1887 url p. 163.
- Reports of observations and experiments in the practical work of the Division, made under the direction of the Entomologist. Washington, U.S. G.P.O., 1883-1894. url p. 100, p. 101, p. 109, p. 73, p. 80.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 170.
- Revision of the genus Phyllotreta chevrolat of America north of Mexico. Eric H. Smith. 28 1985 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1985- url p. 38, p. 39, p. 41.
- School entomology: an elementary textbook of entomology. New York, Wiley, 1917. url p. 274, p. 275.
- School entomology; an elementary textbook of entomology for secondary schools and agricultural short courses, by E. Dwight Sanderson and L. M. Peairs. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1917. url p. 274, p. 275, p. 275, p. 352.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 174, p. 174, p. 318, p. 318, p. 433, p. 433, p. 434, p. 434.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 44 1930 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 139.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 282.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , , p. 332.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1367.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 343.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 149, p. 154, p. 329, p. 373, p. 60, p. 664, p. 677, p. 68, p. 717, p. 771, p. 785, p. 801, p. 861.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 294.
- The hop; its culture and cure, marketing and manufacture; a practical handbook on the most approved methods in growing, harvesting, curing, and selling hops, and on the use and manufacture of hops, New York, Orange Judd company, 1899. url p. 139.
- The horticulturist's rule-book; 1908. url p. 28.
- The horticulturist's rule-book; a compendium of useful information for fruit growers, truck gardeners, florists, and others, by L. H. Bailey. New York: The Macmillan company; [etc., etc., ], 1899, 1895. url p. 28, p. 306.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 343.
- The principles of plant culture; a text for beginners in agriculture and horticulture, New York, Macmillan[c1916] url .
- The spraying of plants; a succinct account of the history, principles and practice of the application of liquids and powders to plants, for the purpose of destroying insects and Fungi; by E. G. Lodeman. .. with a preface by B. T. Galloway. .. New York and London: Macmillan and co., 1902, [c1896] url p. 351.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 82.
- Transactions of the American Entomological Society and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences. Philadelphia: The Society, 1878-1889 url p. 274, p. 318.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 581, p. 636.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1895-1920. url p. 571, p. 581.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 29, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Forest Research Institute, Department of Natural Forests, Coleoptera of Białowieża Forest
- SysTax, Lobbecke Museum Dusseldorf
- SysTax, SysTax
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 5529774
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 16084723
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 852573