Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in English:
Leaf Warbler, Peggy-whitethroat, Warbler, Willow Warbler, willow wren
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Common Names in Swedish:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,239 meters (0 to 17,188 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.1 Forest - Boreal
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 1.6 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Lowland
- 1.7 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Mangrove Vegetation Above High Tide Level
- 1.9 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Montane
- 2 Savanna
- 2.1 Savanna - Dry
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 4 Grassland
- 4.5 Grassland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.4 Wetlands (inland) - Bogs , Marshes, Swamps , Fens , Peatlands
- 5.5 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Phylloscopus trochilus (Linnaeus, 1758) • Phylloscopus trochilus Linnaeus 1758
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Phylloscopus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 86 species and subspecies in this genus:
P. affinis (Tickell's Willow Warbler) · P. amoenus (Kolombangara Leaf Warbler) · P. armandii (Milne-Edwards' Willow Warbler) · P. bonelli (Eastern Bonelli's Warbler) · P. bonelli bonelli (Eastern Bonelli's Warbler) · P. borealis (Kennicott's Willow Warbler) · P. borealis borealis (Arctic Warbler) · P. borealoides (Japanese Pale-Legged Willow Warbler) · P. budongoensis (Uganda Woodland Warbler) · P. canariensis (Canary Islands Chiffchaff) · P. cantator (Yellow-Faced Leaf Warbler) · P. cantator cantator (Yellow-Faced Leaf Warbler) · P. cebuensis (Lemon-Throated Leaf Warbler) · P. chloronotus (Lemon-Rumped Warbler) · P. chloronotus chloronotus (Lemon-Rumped Warbler) · P. claudiae (Claudia's Warbler) · P. collybita (Eurasian Chiffchaff) · P. collybita collybita (Chiffchaff) · P. collybitus (Common Chiffchaff) · P. coronatus (Temminck's Crowned Willow Warbler) · P. davisoni (Davison's Leaf-Warbler) · P. davisoni davisoni (White-Tailed Willow Warbler) · P. emeiensis (Emei Leaf Warbler) · P. forresti (Sichuan Leaf-Warbler) · P. fuligiventer (Smoky Warbler) · P. fuligiventer fuligiventer (Smoky Warbler) · P. fuscatus (Dusky Warbler) · P. fuscatus fuscatus (Dusky Warbler) · P. goodsoni (Hartert's Warbler) · P. griseolus (Sulphur-Bellied Willow Warbler) · P. hainanus (Hainan Leaf Warbler) · P. herberti (Black-Capped Woodland Warbler) · P. humei (Hume's Yellow-Browed Warbler) · P. humei humei (Hume's Yellow-Browed Warbler) · P. ibericus (Starry Smooth-Head) · P. ijimae (Ijima's Willow Warbler) · P. inornatus (Hume's Yellow-Browed Warbler) · P. inornatus inornatus (Hume's Yellow-Browed Warbler) · P. kansuensis (Gansu Leaf Warbler) · P. laetus (Red-Faced Woodland Warbler) · P. laetus laetus (Red-Faced Woodland Warbler) · P. laurae (Laura's Warbler) · P. lorenzii (Caucasian Chiffchaff) · P. maculipennis (Grey-Faced Willow Warbler) · P. maculipennis maculipennis (Grey-Faced Willow Warbler) · P. magnirostris (Large-Billed Willow Warbler) · P. makirensis (San Cristobal Leaf-Warbler) · P. neglectus (Plain Willow Warbler) · P. nitidus (Green Willow Warbler) · P. occipitalis (Large Crowned Willow Warbler) · P. ogilviegranti (Kloss's Leaf-Warbler) · P. olivaceus (Philippine Leaf Warbler) · P. orientalis (Eastern Bonelli's Warbler) · P. plumbeitarsus (Two-Barred Greenish Warbler) · P. poliocephalus (Island Leaf Warbler) · P. presbytes (Timor Leaf Warbler) · P. proregulus (Pallas's Leaf Warbler) · P. proregulus proregulus (Pallas's Leaf Warbler) · P. pulcher (Orange-Barred Willow Warbler) · P. pulcher pulcher (Orange-Barred Willow Warbler) · P. reguloides (Blyth's Crowned Willow Warbler) · P. reguloides reguloides (Blyth's Crowned Willow Warbler) · P. ricketti (Black-Browed Leaf Warbler) · P. ruficapilla (Yellow-Throated Warbler) · P. ruficapillus (Yellow-Throated Woodland Warbler) · P. sarasinorum (Sulawesi Leaf Warbler) · P. sarasinorum sarasinorum (Sulawesi Leaf Warbler) · P. schwarzi (Radde's Bush Warbler) · P. sibilatrix (Wood Warbler) · P. sibilatrix sibilatrix (Wood Warbler) · P. sindianus (Eastern Chiff-Chaff) · P. subaffinis (Buff-Throated Warbler) · P. subviridis (Brooks's Willow Warbler) · P. tenellipes (Pale-Legged Willow Warbler) · P. trivirgatus (Mountain Leaf Warbler) · P. trivirgatus trivirgatus (Mountain Leaf-Warbler) · P. trochiloides (Two-Barred Greenish Warbler) · P. trochiloides nitidus (Green Willow Warbler) · P. trochiloides plumbeitarsus (Two-Barred Greenish Warbler) · P. trochiloides trochiloides (Two-Barred Greenish Warbler) · P. trochilus (Peggy-Whitethroat) · P. trochilus trochilus (Willow Warbler) · (Tytler's Willow Warbler) · P. umbrovirens (Brown Woodland Warbler) · P. xanthoschistos (Grey-Hooded Warbler) · P. yunnanensis (Chinese Leaf-Warbler)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url p. 23.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , , .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , , .
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 11.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 46.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 1052, p. 557.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 1052, p. 1052.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 111, p. 26.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 501.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 208, p. 300.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 57.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 56.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 22, p. 22.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 432, p. 432.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url , .
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 423, p. 430.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 432, p. 432.
- A history of the birds of Ceylon / London: Published by the author, 1880 [i.e. 1878-1880] url p. 553, p. 554.
- A history of the birds of Europe, not observed in the British Isles / by C. R. Bree. London: G. Bell & Sons, 1875-1876. url p. 155.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 210.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 16.
- A list of British birds belonging to the Humber district: having a special reference to their migrations / by John Cordeaux. London [England]: R. H. Porter, 1899. url p. 4.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url , p. 411, p. 79, p. 80.
- A list of British birds. The genera arranged according to Sundevall's method. The nomenclature revised by Henry Thornton Wharton. London, J. Van Voorst, 1877. url p. 6.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 9.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url p. 94, p. 97.
- A monograph of the Nectariniidae, or, Family of sun-birds / London: Published by the author, 1876-1880. url p. 340.
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 199.
- A pocket-book of British birds, by E.F.M. Elms. London: West, Newman & co. [etc.], 1906. url p. 15.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London: Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 297, p. 298, p. 298, p. 304, p. 304, p. 523, p. 523.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 240.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire, with extracts from the fieldbooks of a sportsman and naturalist. By Charles St. John... With woodcuts. London: J. Murray, 1849. url p. 338.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 338.
- A vertebrate fauna of the Orkney Islands / by Thomas E. Buckley and J.A. Harvie-Brown. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1891. url p. 102, p. 298.
- A year with the birds / by W. Warde Fowler; with illustrations by Bryan Hook. London: Macmillan, 1891. url p. 265, p. 44.
- A year with the birds, by W. Warde Fowler. .. With illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, New York: Macmillan and co., 1891. url p. 265, p. 44.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 265, p. 44.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 137, p. 190, p. 193.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 108, p. 13, p. 14, p. 15, p. 15, p. 16, p. 19, p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 23, p. 25, p. 25, p. 26, p. 28, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29, p. 29, p. 30, p. 30, p. 31, p. 31, p. 31, p. 32, p. 33, p. 33, p. 35, p. 35, p. 37, p. 40, p. 41, p. 41, p. 50, p. 55, p. 59, p. 6, p. 70.
- Among British birds in their nesting haunts: illustrated by the camera / by Oswin A. J. Lee. Edinburgh: David Douglas, [1896-9?] url p. 65.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 137.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 345.
- An illustrated manual of British birds, with 384 illustrations and 3 colored maps. London, Gurney, 1899. url p. 69.
- Animal ecology, by Charles Elton; with an introduction by Julian S. Huxley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1927. url p. 40.
- Animal life and the world of nature: a magazine of natural history throughout the world. London: Hutchinson, 1902-1904. url p. 388.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 324.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 207, p. 207.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 285, p. 695.
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 10, p. 11, p. 115, p. 162, p. 168, p. 171, p. 38, p. 58, p. 64, p. 7, p. 77.
- Aves. Appendix: On some points in the anatomy of Bradypterus cinnamomeus, by W.P. Pycraft. London, Printed for the Society, 1910. url p. 357.
- Bird hunting on the White Nile; a naturalist's experiences in the Soudan. By Harry F. Witherby. London, The Office of "Knowledge", 1902. url p. 110.
- Bird life in arctic Norway: a popular brochure / by Robert Collett; translated by Alfred Heneage Cocks. London: H.R. Porter, 1894. url p. 17.
- Birds beneficial to agriculture, London, Printed by order of the Trustees of the British museum, 1919. url .
- Birds from Gabon and Moyen Congo [by] Austin L. Rand, Herbert Friedmann [and] Melvin A. Traylor, Jr. 41 1959 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1959. url p. 346.
- Birds from Moidart and elsewhere / [by] Mrs. Hugh Blackburn. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1895. url p. 61.
- Birds in their haunts, by the late C. A. Johns. London, E. P. Dutton, 1909. url .
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url , .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url , p. 55.
- Birds of Darjeeling and India, by L.J. Mackintosh. Calcutta, Printed by J.N. Banerjee & son, 1915. url .
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland. by Arthur G. Butler; illustrated by H. Gro?nvold and F.W. Frohawk. Hull; Brumby & Clarke, [1907?-1908?]. url .
- Birds of the British Isles, drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introd. by Charles Dixon. London, W. Scott, 1898. url p. 83.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url p. 333, p. 343.
- Birds useful and birds harmful, by Ottó Herman. .. and J. A. Owen. Manchester, University press, 1909. url .
- Birds' nests; an introduction to the science of caliology, London, F. A. Stokes company, 1902. url .
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 326.
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 31.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 31.
- British birds in their haunts. .. Edited, revised, and annotated by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates by William Foster. With a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London, Dutton url p. 31.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url .
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 76.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 76.
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url , p. 76.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 101, p. 151, p. 179, p. 188, p. 211, p. 243, p. 318, p. 320, p. 342, p. 342, p. 432, p. 82.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 7.
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 10, p. 114.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 162, p. 163, p. 333, p. 489, p. 505.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1971 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url p. 187, p. 187.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 5.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 209, p. 221.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , p. 187, p. 20, p. 226, p. 35, p. 57, p. 91.
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 124.
- Catalogue of British Birds in the Collection of the British Museum / by G.R. Gray. London, 1863. url p. 51.
- Catalogue of British birds in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1863. url .
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 37, p. 56.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 220.
- Catalogue of the birds in the Museum Asiatic Society / by Edward Blyth. Published by order of the society. Calcutta: J. Thomas, 1849. url p. 184.
- Catalogue of the cases of birds in the Dyke Road Museum, Brighton; giving a few descriptive notes. .. Brighton, King, 1901. url p. 207.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 220.
- Catalogue of the specimens illustrating the osteology of vertebrated animals, recent and extinct, contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, 1891. url p. 88.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 120, p. 152, p. 156, p. 157, p. 174, p. 278, p. 295, p. 298, p. 302, p. 315, p. 316, p. 317, p. 534, p. 84.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 448, p. 449, p. 657.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 539, p. 785, p. 808.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 227.
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url p. 136, p. 8, contents of part V.
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url , p. 206.
- Contributions to the knowledge of the East African ornithology. Birds collected by the Swedish Mount Elgon Expedition 1920. Lund, C. Blom, 1923. url p. 246, p. 273.
- Contributions to the ornithology of Siberia / by Henry Seebohm. S.l.: s.n., 1880? url p. 52, p. 53, p. 92.
- Controlled natural selection and value marketing, by J. C. Mottram. London, New York [etc.], Longmans, Green and Co., 1914. url p. 28.
- Effects of highways on wildlife and fish with special reference to Montana a ProCite literature collection / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url , .
- Egyptian birds for the most part seen in the Nile valley, London, A. and C. Black, 1909. url .
- Egyptian birds: for the most part seen in the Nile Valley / by Charles Whymper. London: A. and C. Black, 1909. url p. 209.
- Guide to the Gallery of Birds in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History). London: Printed by order of the Trustees [by Taylor and Francis], 1905. url p. 153.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History) LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees url p. 17.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 208, p. 300, p. 300.
- How to sex cage birds (British and foreign), London, "The Feathered world", "Canary and cage-bird life" url p. 18.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 1004, p. 102, p. 108, p. 114, p. 119, p. 136, p. 14, p. 150, p. 152, p. 153, p. 158, p. 16, p. 164, p. 18, p. 180, p. 184, p. 186, p. 192, p. 205, p. 207, p. 209, p. 21, p. 215, p. 216, p. 218, p. 227, p. 229, p. 231, p. 231, p. 233, p. 233, p. 243, p. 243, p. 247, p. 250, p. 254, p. 257, p. 259, p. 285, p. 287, p. 289, p. 290, p. 294, p. 295, p. 299, p. 306, p. 308, p. 310, p. 321, p. 330, p. 339, p. 342, p. 343, p. 35, p. 351, p. 354, p. 357, p. 359, p. 366, p. 371, p. 374, p. 375, p. 377, p. 399, p. 410, p. 418, p. 428, p. 428, p. 434, p. 453, p. 463, p. 472, p. 480, p. 481, p. 497, p. 501, p. 503, p. 505, p. 52, p. 524, p. 525, p. 537, p. 540, p. 543, p. 546, p. 56, p. 578, p. 59, p. 594, p. 596, p. 597, p. 598, p. 598, p. 612, p. 622, p. 638, p. 644, p. 651, p. 66, p. 663, p. 664, p. 689, p. 69, p. 70, p. 83, p. 87, p. 9, p. 90, p. 93, p. 95, p. 96, p. 99.
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 54.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 106.
- Jottings about birds / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 69.
- Journal of the East Africa Natural History Society: official publication of the Coryndon Memorial Museum (Museum Trustees of Kenya). Nairobi, Kenya: The Museum, 1942- url p. 173.
- Liberia / by Sir Harry Johnson; with an appendix on the flora of Liberia by Dr. Otto Stapf. London: Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 802, p. 802.
- Liberia, by Sir Harry Johnston. With an appendix on the flora of Liberia, by Dr. Otto Stapf; 28 coloured illustrations by Sir Harry Johnston, 24 botanical drawings by Miss Matilda Smith, 402 black and white il London, Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 802.
- List of the specimens of the British animals in the collection of the British museum. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1845-55. url p. 32.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 222, p. 222.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 212, p. 220.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 140, p. 68.
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 119.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker [and others] London, Hutchinson, 1897. url p. 757.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker, W. F. Kirby, B. B. Woodward, R. Kirpatrick, R. I. Pocock, R. Bowdler Sharpe, W. Garstang, F. A. Bather, H. M. Bernard. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url p. 370.
- Nature et faune: revue internationale pour la conservation de la nature en Afrique = Wildlife and nature: international journal on nature conservation in Africa. Accra, Ghana: Bureau régional de la F.A.O. pour l'Afrique, url p. 44.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 135.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Notes on the birds of Northamptonshire and neighbourhood / Lord Lilford; illustrated by A. Thorburn and G.E. Lodge. London: Porter, 1895. url p. 131.
- Notes on the birds of Rainham, including the district between Chatham and Sittingbourne. London, Curney & Jackson, 1894. url p. 27.
- Observations on the geology and zoology of Abyssinia, made during the progress of the British expedition to that country in 1867-68. London, Macmillan and co., 1870. url .
- On a collection of birds from North-Eastern Abyssinia and the Bogos Country / London: Zoological Society of London, 1870. url .
- On safari: big game hunting in British East Africa, with studies in bird-life / by Abel Chapman. .. with 170 illustrations by the author and E. Caldwell, sketch-maps and photographs. London: Edward Arnold, 1908. url p. 329.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url , p. 93.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 348, p. 349, p. 350.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 198, p. 91.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , .
- Our favourite song birds; their habits, music, and characteristics, by Charles Dixon. With illustrations of every species, by H. Stannard. London, Lawrence and Bullen, 1897. url p. 49.
- Our migrant birds and how to know them / by E.F.M. Elms. London: Thornton Butterworth, 1922. url p. 47, p. 47.
- Our summer migrants. An account of the migratory birds which pass the summer in the British Islands. London, S. Sonnenschein & co., 1901. url .
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 255.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 152.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 45.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 84.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]: Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 378, p. 579, p. 983.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , , , p. 135, p. 235.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 403, p. 9.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 397.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 12, p. 42.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 2 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 495, p. 619.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url , p. 1051, p. 20, p. 20, p. 216, p. 481, p. 493, p. 505, p. 710, p. 721, p. 807.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 106, p. 120, p. 152.
- Rambles of a naturalist in Egypt & other countries. With an analysis of the claims of certain foreign birds to be considered British, and other ornithological notes. London, Jarrold[1876?] url , p. 166.
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological society of London. 1872. London, Printed for the Society,  url p. 127.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 63.
- Siberia in Europe: a visit to the valley of the Petchora, in north-east Russia; with descriptions of the natural history, migration of birds, etc. London, J. Murray, 1880. url .
- Sketch-book of British birds / by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with coloured illustrations by A.F. and C. Lydon. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1898. url p. 252.
- South African journal of natural history. Pretoria, South African Biological Society. url p. 197.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 273, p. 462, p. 527.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url , , , , , , .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 129, p. 214, p. 313, p. 318, p. 32, p. 47, p. 58.
- Territory in bird life / by H. Eliot Howard; with illustrations by G.E. Lodge, and H. Grönvold. London: Murray, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life, by H. Eliot Howard, with illustrations by G. E. Lodge and H. Grönvold. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1920. url .
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 12, p. 161, p. 161, p. 163, p. 167, p. 174, p. 344, p. 344, p. 372, p. 372, p. 497, p. 507.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 12, p. 141, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 146, p. 147, p. 147, p. 153, p. 154, p. 157, p. 16, p. 182, p. 194, p. 197, p. 205, p. 206, p. 212, p. 213, p. 213, p. 223, p. 246, p. 3, p. 49, p. 68, p. 69, p. 75, p. 76, p. 77, p. 77, p. 83, p. 88, p. 98.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 332, p. 421, p. 445.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 35.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 81.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , p. 143, p. 189, p. 55.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 10, p. 125, p. 40, p. 7, p. 71, p. 71, p. 73, p. 83.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 344, p. 354.
- The Ibis. [London]: Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 144, p. 651.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 385.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url .
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 43 1915-17 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 393, p. 409.
- The Journal of the South African Ornithologists' Union. Pretoria. url p. 106, p. 134, p. 147, p. 168, p. 186, p. 244, p. 31, p. 47, p. 67, p. 68, p. 92, p. 97.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3484.
- The Naturalist. 1893 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 126, p. 128, p. 129, p. 132, p. 133, p. 134, p. 135, p. 137, p. 152, p. 156, p. 157, p. 157, p. 158, p. 159, p. 160, p. 164, p. 168, p. 178, p. 184, p. 187, p. 194, p. 196, p. 22, p. 222, p. 283, p. 289, p. 290, p. 3, p. 314, p. 37, p. 41, p. 46, p. 5, p. 8, p. 89.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 115, p. 126, p. 182, p. 193, p. 287, p. 31, p. 76.
- The Uganda protectorate; an attempt to give some description of the physical geography, botany, zoology, anthropology, languages and history of the territories under British protection in East Central Africa, between the Cong by Sir Harry Johnston. .. With 506 illustrations from drawings and photographs by the author and others, 48 full-page coloured plates by the author and 9 maps by J.G. Bartholomew and the author. London, Hutchinson & Co., 1902. url p. 437.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 143.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 191.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon, with illustrations in colour and black and white. London: W. Heinemann, 1909. url , p. 333.
- The birds of Africa, comprising all the species which occur in the Ethiopian region, by G.E. Shelley. .. London, Published for the author by R.H. Porter (18 Princes Street, Cavendish Square, W.), 1896-1912. url p. 186, p. 80.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 340, p. 71.
- The birds of Breconshire / by E. Cambridge Phillips. .. Brecon [Eng.]: E. Davies, 1899. url p. 45.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Cheshire / by T. A. Coward and Charles Oldham. Manchester [England]: Sherratt and Hughes, 1900. url p. 46.
- The birds of Devon / 1892 London: R.H. Porter, 1892. url p. 23.
- The birds of Dorsetshire; a contribution to the natural history of the county, by J.C. Mansel-Pleydell. .. London: R.H. Porter; [etc., etc., 1888?] url p. 31.
- The birds of Essex: a contribution to the natural history of the country. By Miller Christy, F.L.S. With 162 woodcut illustrations, two plans, and a frontispiece. Chelmsford, E. Durrant & Co.; [etc., etc.]1890. url p. 85.
- The birds of Guernsey: and the neighboring islands Alderney, Sark, Jethou, Herm; being a small contribution to the ornithology of the Channel Islands / by Cecil Smith. London: R. H. Porter, 1879. url p. 53.
- The birds of India: being a natural history of all the birds known to inhabit continental India, with descriptions of the species, genera, families, tribes, and orders, and a brief notice of such families as are not foun Calcutta: Printed for the Author by the Military Orphan Press. .., 1862-1864. url p. 192, p. 371, p. 876.
- The birds of Lancashire, by F. S. Mitchell. London, Gurney & Jackson, 1892. url p. 23.
- The birds of London / London: Sonnenschein, 1893. url p. 12.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url .
- The birds of Pembrokeshire and its islands / by Murray A. Mathew. London [England]: R.H. Porter, 1894. url p. 8.
- The birds of South Africa / by Edgar Leopold Layard. London: Bernard Quaritch, 1875-1884. url p. 296, p. 883.
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url .
- The birds of Tunisia; being a history of the birds found in the regency of Tunis. By J. I. S. Whitaker. London, R.H. Porter, 1905. url , p. 103.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 83.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 45.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 45.
- The birds of our rambles: with a companion for the country / by Charles Dixon; with illustrations by A. T. Elwes. London: Chapman and Hall, 1891. url p. 89.
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 255.
- The fauna of Shropshire, being an account of all the mammals, birds, reptiles & fishes found in the county of Salop. With an introduction dealing with the physical features of the county, a copious index, a chapter on the pri Illustrated by photographic plates and portraits. By H. Edward Forrest. Shrewsbury, L. Wilding [etc. etc.]1899. url p. 110.
- The geographical distribution of the family Charadriidae, or the plovers, sandpipers, snipes, and their allies / London; H. Sotheran & Co.,  url p. 46.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 506, p. 99.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 53.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 22, p. 288, p. 348, p. 403, p. 464, p. 510, p. 565, p. 638.
- The migration of birds: an attempt to reduce avian season-flight to law / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1892. url p. 118, p. 191, p. 298.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne; &, A garden kalendar / by Gilbert White; edited by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with an introduction to the Garden kalendar by the Very Reverend S. Reynolds Hole; & numerous illustrations by Edmund J. Sullivan. London: S.T. Freemantle, 1900. url , , p. 62.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne / London: Methuen, 1901. url , .
- The natural history of South Africa. by F.W. Fitzsimons. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1923. url p. 231.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 148, p. 153, p. 156, p. 159, p. 163, p. 164, p. 168, p. 169, p. 173, p. 174, p. 180, p. 214, p. 248, p. 251, p. 254, p. 258, p. 260, p. 262, p. 291, p. 326.
- The nests and eggs of British birds: when and where to find them: being a handbook to the oology of the British Islands / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1894. url p. 101, p. 101, p. 370.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds / Allan O. Hume. London: R. H. Porter, 1889-1890. url p. 267.
- The oo?logist's record. London, Harrison and Sons, - url p. 100, p. 44.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 63, p. 64.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 99.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 271.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url p. 23.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 160, p. 183, p. 63, p. 85, p. 88.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 326.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 357.
- Travels of a naturalist in northern Europe, Norway, 1871, Archangel, 1872, Petchora, 1875, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url p. 108, p. 184, p. 320, p. 540.
- Under the African sun; a description of native races in Uganda, sporting adventures and other experiences, by W. J. Ansorge. New York: Longmans, Green, 1899. url p. 354.
- What is instinct? Some thoughts on telepathy and subconsciousness in animals, New York, F.A. Stokes Co. url .
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 365.
- Zambezia: a general description of the valley of the Zambezi River, from its delta to the River Aroangwa, with its history, agriculture, flora, fauna, and ethnography / London: J. Murray, 1910. url .
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 124, p. 158, p. 230, p. 238, p. 244, p. 246, p. 35, p. 413, p. 416, p. 453, p. 460, p. 49, p. 7.
- [Ornithological papers] 1876-84. url p. 10, p. 18, p. 192, p. 214, p. 375, p. 428, p. 9.
- BirdLife International 2009. Phylloscopus trochilus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 04February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 26, 2007:
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Herts Bird Club - Hertfordshire Breeding Bird Atlas : 1988-1992
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 5952
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179842
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481685
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179841
- IUCN ID: 232588
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 138497