Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -201 meters (-660 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Suborder: Hypsogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Plicifusus plicatus A. Adams
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 29-Dec-2004
Members of the genus Phos
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the shells, arranged according to the Lamarckian system: with their authorities, synonymes, and references to works where figured or described: together with a supplement containing additional species, corrections, and alterations / contained in the collection of John C. Jay. New York: Craighead, 1852. url p. 362.
- A conchological manual / by G.B. Sowerby, jun. London: H.G. Bohn, 1852. url p. 241.
- A conchological manual. First Edition. / by G.B. Sowerby, Jun. London: G.B. Sowerby, 1839. url p. 82.
- A manual of the Mollusca, or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells / by S.P. Woodward; illustrated by A.N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London: John Weale, 1851. url p. 112, p. 5.
- A manual of the Mollusca: a treatise on recent and fossil shells / by Dr. S. P. Woodward; with an appendix of recent and fossil conchological discoveries to the present time, by Ralph Tate; illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London: Virtue & Co., 1868. url p. 524.
- A manual of the Mollusca: being a treatise on recent and fossil shells. London: C. Lockwood and Co., 1880. url p. 221.
- A manual of the Mollusca: or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells / by S. P. Woodward; illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London, J. Weale, 1851-56. url p. 112, p. 5.
- A manual of the Mollusca; or, A rudimentary treatise of recent and fossil shells, by S. P. Woodward. Illustrated by A. N. Waterhouse and Joseph Wilson Lowry. London, J. Weale, 1851-56. url p. 112.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 179, p. 179.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url p. 30, p. 87.
- Catalogue of Japanese mollusca in the Natural History Department, Tokyo Imperial Museum, by T. Iwakawa. Tokyo, Tokyo imperial museum, 1909- url p. 145.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 75.
- Catalogue of the marine mollusks of Japan, with descriptions of new species and notes on others collected by Frederick Stearns, by Henry A. Pilsbry. .. Detroit, Frederick Stearns, 1895. url p. 34, p. 34.
- Catalogue of the mollusca, in the collection of the Government Central Museum, Madras. Madras: Printed at the Asylum Press, by William Thomas, 1867. url p. 6.
- Figures of molluscous animals, selected from various authors. Etched for the use of students by Maria Emma Gray. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1859. url p. 71.
- Ipsa Linnaei conchylia. The shells of Linnaeus, determined from his manuscripts and collection. By Sylvanus Hanley. .. Also, an exact reprint of the Vermes Testacea of the "Systema naturae" and "Mantissa." London, Williams and Norgate, 1855. url p. 297.
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 215, p. 247, p. 247, p. 247, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 260, p. 260, p. 260, p. 261, p. 261, p. 261, p. 269, p. 269, p. 269, p. 271, p. 271, p. 271, p. 276, p. 276, p. 276, p. 287, p. 287, p. 287, p. 307, p. 307, p. 307.
- On the varieties of the shells belonging to the genus Nassa, Lam. Liverpool, 1880. url p. 84.
- Otia conchologica: descriptions of shells and mollusks from 1839 to 1862 / by Augustus A. Gould, M.D. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1862. url p. 66.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 143.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 176, p. 454.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 277, p. 278.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 217, p. 218.
- Report on the zoological collections made in the Indo-Pacific Ocean during the voyage of H. M. S. 'Alert' 1881-2. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1884. url .
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 109.
- Structural and systematic conchology: an introduction to the study of the Mollusca... By George W. Tryon, jr.... Philadelphia: The author, 1882-84. url p. 403, p. 403.
- Systematic arrangement of the figures. S.1.: s.n., 1850? url p. 71.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 137, p. 137, p. 257, p. 257, p. 299, p. 71, p. 71.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 41.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 26.
- The celebrated collection of shells formed by Mr. H.C. Roeters van Lennep. A catalogue of this valuable and extensive collection of shells. .. comprising a large number of exceedingly rare species, some unique, and all in the finest possible condition. Which will be sold by London, G.B. Sowerby url p. 4.
- The conchologist's nomenclator: a catalogue of all the recent species of shells / by Agnes Catlow; assisted by Lovell Reeve. London: Reeve Brothers, 1845. url p. 279.
- The genera of recent Mollusca: arranged according to their organization. By Henry Adams...and Arthur Adams. LondonJ. Van Voorst, 1858. url p. 12.
- The zoology of the voyage of H.M.S. Sulphur: under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher, during the years 1836-42 / London: Smith, Elder, 1844 [i.e. 1843-1846] url p. 38.
- Thesaurus conchyliorum, or, Monographs of genera of shells / edited by G.B. Sowerby, Jun., F.L.S. London: Sowerby. .., 1847-1887. url p. 89.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 17, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 31, 2006. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 07, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database [Darwin Core]
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database
- National Chemical Laboratory, IndOBIS, Indian Ocean Node of OBIS
- Provider, Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 1923255
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-656340
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13783337
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 656340
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 614068