Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,869 meters (0 to 12,694 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Snodgrass, 1938
- (Chernyshev, 1960)
- Pennant, 1777
- Grobben, 1892
- Calman, 1904
- Order: Isopoda () - Latreille, 1817
- Superorder: Peracarida () - Calman, 1904
- Subclass: Eumalacostraca () - Grobben, 1892
- Epiclass: Eucrustacea ()
- Superclass: Crustacea () - Pennant, 1777 - Crustaceans
- Infraphylum: Crustaceomorpha () - (Chernyshev, 1960)
- Subphylum: Mandibulata () - Snodgrass, 1938
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 11-Aug-2005
Members of the genus Oniscus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biology of Crustacea. Chicago, Quadrangle Books url p. 97.
- A catalogue of land, fresh-water, and marine crustacea found in the basin of the River Forth and its estuary. Edinburgh, The Society, 1906. url p. 139.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 284.
- A history of British sessile-eyed Crustacea / by C. Spence Bate and J. O. Westwood. London: J. Van Voorst, 1863-68. url p. 468, p. 469, p. 471, p. 472, p. 476.
- A history of Crustacea: recent Malacostraca / by the Rev. Thomas R. R. Stebbing. New York: D. Appleton company, 1893. url p. 430.
- A history of Crustacea; recent Malacostraca, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1893. url .
- A history of the British sessile-eyed Crustacea. By C. Spence Bate. .. and J.O. Westwood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863-68. url p. 467, p. 467, p. 468, p. 468, p. 469, p. 469, p. 471, p. 471, p. 472, p. 472, p. 476, p. 476.
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 379.
- A new instructor for garden, orchard and field culture. .. Kansas City, Mo., 1887. url p. 109.
- A popular history of British Crustacea: comprising a familiar account of their classification and habits / by Adam White. London: L. Reeve, 1857. url p. 234.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 146.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, and London, W. Blackwood and sons, 1913. url , , .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 143.
- American men of science; a biographical directory, ed. by J. McKeen Cattell and Dean R. Brimhall. Garrison, N.Y., The Science Press, 1921. url p. 507.
- An account of the Crustacea of Norway, with short descriptions and figures of all the species. By G.O. Sars. .. Christiania, A. Cammermeyer, 1895-1928. url , , p. 171, p. 172, p. 172.
- An atlas of the chromosome numbers in animals. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 55.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1151, p. 1209, p. 719.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1151, p. 1209, p. 719.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 57, p. 60, p. 70, p. 79.
- Animal aggregations, a study in general sociology. / by W. C. Allee. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1931. url p. 181.
- Animal biology / by Robert H. Wolcott. New York; McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1940. url p. 267, p. 637.
- Animal simples, approved for modern uses of cure / Bristol: John Wright & Co., ; 1899. url p. 524.
- Animate creation: popular edition of "Our living world": a natural history / by the Rev. J.G. Wood. New York: Selmar Hess, c1898. url p. 479.
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url p. 479.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 90.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 24, p. 29.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum, 1911: including a list of the specimens and publications received during the year, with a report of the crustacea of New Jersey. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, 1912. url p. 235, p. 519, p. 640.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 213, p. 259.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 134, p. 137, p. 140, p. 167, p. 24, p. 27, p. 278, p. 383, p. 519, p. 596, p. 694, p. 94.
- Aristotle's History of animals. In ten books. London, Bell, 1887. url p. 318.
- Bernice P. Bishop Museum bulletin. Honolulu, Hawaii: Bishop Museum Press, 1922-1987. url p. 9.
- British land Isopoda. A.M. Norman. S.l.: s.n., 1903? url p. 371.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 180.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 600, p. 601.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1909 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 244.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 127, p. 40.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 51.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 48 1905 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 133, p. 151, p. 151, p. 154, p. 154, p. 377, p. 395.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 21, p. 67, p. 69.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 25, p. 9.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 249.
- Class book of economic entomology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1919] url p. 363, p. 429.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 296.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 296.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 296.
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url p. 118.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 22.
- Culture methods for invertebrate animals; a compendium prepared cooperatively by American zoologists under the direction of a committee from Section F of the American Association for the Advancement of Science [by] Paul S. Galtsoff, Frank E. New York, Dover Publications url p. 230.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 559.
- Cuvier's animal kingdom: arranged according to its organization / translated from the French, and abridged for the use of students by H. McMurtrie. London: Orr and Smith, 1840. url p. 434.
- Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. by Lucien M. Underwood, PH. D. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & sons, 1884 url p. 363.
- Distribution and origin of life in America, by Robert Francis Scharff New York, Macmillan, 1912 url p. 39, p. 488.
- Early references to Hawaiian entomology, Honolulu, Hawaii, The Museum, 1923. url p. 9.
- Economic entomology. [London]Chapman and Hall url , p. 417, p. 429, p. 8.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 311.
- Elements of natural history, adapted to the present state of the science, containing the generic characters of nearly the whole animal kingdom, and the descriptions of the principal species. By John Stark. .. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood; [etc., etc.], 1828. url p. 183.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 113, p. 118, p. 198, p. 242.
- Essentials of zoology, emphasizing principles of animal biology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1948. url p. 411.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url , p. 39, p. 40, p. 41, p. 42, p. 43, p. 44, p. 45, p. 53, p. 54, p. 89, p. 90.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 171, p. 172.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1215, p. 404.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url p. 4, p. 45.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 336.
- Fern growing. Fifty years' experience in crossing and cultivation, with a list of the most important varieties and a history of the discovery of multiple parentage, etc., New York, Truslove & Comba, 1898. url .
- First report on economic zoology / by Fred. V. Theobald. London: British Museum (Natural History), 1903. url p. 190.
- First report on economic zoology, London1903 url .
- Garden foes: insect, animal and fungoid pests injurious to fruit and vegetable crops, hardy plants, trees, shrubs and greenhouse plants, with all the latest remedies for their eradication / by T.W. Sanders. London: W.H. & L. Collingridge,  url p. 265.
- General and professional biology: with special reference to man / by Edward J. Menge. Milwaukee, Wis: Bruce, 1922. url p. 326.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 11.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 651.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 165.
- Higher Crustacea of New York City By Frederick C. Paulmier Albany, New York State Education Dept., 1905 url p. 180.
- Higher Crustacea of New York city. Albany, New York State Education Department, 1905. url .
- History of animals in ten books. Translated by Richard Cresswell. London, G. Bell, 1902. url p. 318.
- Illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new illustrations by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey and others; engraved by the Brothers Dalziel. New York: Home Bk. Co., [188-?] url p. 632.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 24, p. 383, p. 405, p. 660.
- Ireland; industrial and agricultural. Dublin [etc.]: Browne and Nolan, limited, 1902. url p. 62.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 337, p. 340, p. 343.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url , , , p. 327, p. 478.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , , , , p. 192, p. 39, p. 445, p. 47.
- L.M.B.C. memoirs on typical British marine plants and animals. Liverpool: Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, 1899-1975. url p. 28.
- Life of a Scotch naturalist, Thomas Edward, associate of the Linnean Society by Samuel Smiles. .. portrait and illustrations by George Reid, R.S.A. London: J. Murray, 1877 url p. 436.
- List of the specimens of Crustacea in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the Trustees [by E. Newman]1847. url p. 71.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 363.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 255, p. 256.
- Monographs on the Isopods of North America / by Harriet Richards. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1905. url p. 600, p. 601, p. xlix, p. xxi.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 90.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url .
- Natural history of New York. .. Albany, D. Appleton & co. and Wiley & Putnam;1842-94. url p. 51, p. 67, p. 70.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 51, p. 51, p. 67, p. 70, p. 70.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 219.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 219.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 655.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 4.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 461, p. 496.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston: The Society, 1869-1941. url , p. 350, p. 4, p. 45.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology / edited by R.V. Melville and J.D.D. Smith. London: ICZN, 1987. url p. 135.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 19, p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 23, p. 237, p. 238, p. 24.
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. New York: S. Hess,  url p. 479.
- Palestine: the physical geography and natural history of the Holy Land / London: Charles Knight, 1841. url p. 418.
- Practical zoölogy: an elementary text-book treating of the structure, life, history, and relations of animals / by Alvin Davison. New York: American Book Company, c1906. url p. 140.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 1, p. 3, p. 74, p. 85.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 203, p. 203, p. 290, p. 292, p. 292, p. 295, p. 295, p. 309, p. 318, p. 320, p. 321, p. 336, p. 341, p. 341, p. 347, p. 350, p. 359, p. 359, p. 383, p. 383, p. 520, p. 520, p. 590.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 371.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 100, p. 101, p. 102, p. 102, p. 103, p. 104, p. 104, p. 105, p. 105, p. 106, p. 106, p. 107, p. 107, p. 108, p. 108, p. 109, p. 110, p. 111, p. 112, p. 58, p. 58, p. 59, p. 59, p. 73, p. 73, p. 77, p. 77, p. 78, p. 78, p. 79, p. 79, p. 80, p. 81, p. 81, p. 82, p. 82, p. 84, p. 84, p. 85, p. 85, p. 86, p. 86, p. 87, p. 87, p. 88, p. 88, p. 90, p. 90, p. 91, p. 91, p. 92, p. 92, p. 93, p. 93, p. 94, p. 94, p. 95, p. 95, p. 96, p. 97, p. 97, p. 98, p. 98, p. 99, p. 99.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 778.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London. London, Published for the Linnean Society of London by Academic Press [etc.], 1848-1968. url p. 176.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url , p. 165, p. 169, p. 177, p. 3.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 307, p. 77.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 1044, p. 28, p. 430, p. 431, p. 562, p. 923.
- Report of the State Entomologist of Connecticut for the year. .. New Haven, [1902- url , p. 260, p. 353.
- Report on the injurious insects and other animals observed in the Midland counties / by Walter E. Collinge. Birminingham [Eng.]: Cornish Brothers, 1903- url , p. 4, p. 6, p. 68.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 870.
- Revised nomenclature of the species described in Bate and Westwood's 'British sessile-eyed Crustacea.' / A.M. Norman. S.l.: s.n., 1905? url p. 88.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 165, p. 696.
- Spiders, scorpions, centipedes, and mites; the ecology and natural history of woodlice, myriapods, and arachnids. New York, Pergamon Press, 1958. url , p. 1, p. 10, p. 14, p. 7, p. 8.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 230, p. 375.
- Studies on gregarines II: Synopsis of the polycystid gregarines of the world, excluding those from the Myriapoda, Orthoptera, and Coleoptera, with four plates, by Minnie Watson Kamm. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois press, c1922 url p. 13.
- Studies on gregarines, including descriptions of twenty-one new species and a synopsis of the eugregarine records from the Myriapoda, Coleoptera and Orthoptera of the world, with fifteen plates, by Minnie Elizabeth Watson. Urbana, University of Illinois, 1916 url p. 13.
- Textbook of zoology / by George Edwin Potter. St. Louis: Mosby, 1947. url p. 282.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 216, p. 23, p. 363, p. 363, p. 371, p. 469, p. 469, p. 73, p. 78, p. 88, p. 95.
- The Arthrostraca of Connecticut / by B.W. Kunkel Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1918 url p. 186, p. 189, p. 191, p. 238, p. 239, p. 257.
- The Arthrostraca of Connecticut, Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Society, 1918. url , , , , .
- The Arthrostraca of Connecticut. Hartford, State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1918. url p. 186, p. 189, p. 238, p. 239, p. 257.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 174, p. 183, p. 217, p. 251, p. 269, p. 289, p. 30, p. 349, p. 381, p. 478, p. 524, p. 57, p. 90.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 188.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 348.
- The British woodlice, being a monograph of the terrestrial isopod Crustacea occurring in the British Islands. By Wilfred Mark Webb. .. and Charles Sillem. London, Duckworth & Co., 1906. url , , , , , , , p. 4, p. 5, p. 6, p. 9.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 101, p. 132, p. 133, p. 227, p. 228, p. 229, p. 4.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 41 1927 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url walker , johansen , groh , criddle , p. 106, p. 165, p. 173, p. 177, p. 179, p. 201, p. 202, p. 216, p. 219, p. 270, p. 47.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 155.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , p. 118, p. 2, p. 51.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 276.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 695, p. 753.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 162, p. 474.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1844 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 353, p. 672.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 31.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 163, p. 187, p. 195, p. 196, p. 206, p. 259, p. 26, p. 302, p. 319, p. 59.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 195, p. 195, p. 196, p. 196, p. 215, p. 215, p. 243, p. 243.
- The Journal of marine zoology and microscopy. Jersey: Jersey Biological Station, 1893-1897 url p. 52.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url , , p. 292.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 46 1922-24 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 115.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 274.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 155.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 285.
- The Practical entomologist. [Philadelphia]: Entomological Society of Philadelphia, [1865-1867]. url .
- The Practical entomologist: a monthly bulletin. Philadelphia: Entomological Society of Philadelphia, [1865- url p. 85.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 118, p. 35, p. 49, p. 491, p. 598, p. 648, p. 688, p. 730, p. 772.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 113, p. 137, p. 143, p. 295, p. 301, p. 304, p. 307.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 129, p. 130.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 250.
- The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization / by the Baron Cuvier; the Crustacea, Arachnides and Insecta, by P.A. Latreille; translated from the French, with notes and additions, by H. M'Murtrie; in four volumes, with plates. New York: G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 110, p. 110.
- The animal kingdom, arranged according to its organization, serving as a foundation for the natural history of animals: and an introduction to comparative anatomy. by Baron Cuvier; with figures designed after nature: the Crustacea, Arachnides, & Insecta, by M. Latreille; translated from the latest French edition, with additional notes, and illustrated by nearl London: G. Henderson, 1834. url p. 236.
- The animal kingdom, arranged after its organization, forming a natural history of animals, and an introduction to comparative anatomy. By the late Baron Georges Cuvier. .. Tr. and adapted to the present state of science. The Mammelia birds, and reptiles, by Edward Blyth. The fishes and Radiala by Robert Mudie. The molluscous animals London, W. S. Orr and co., 1854. url p. 434.
- The animal kingdom: arranged after its organization; forming a natural history of animals, and an introduction to comparative anatomy. LondonH.G. Bohn1863 url p. 434.
- The biology of marine animals. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 698.
- The crustacea of Devon and Cornwall, by Canon A. M. Norman and Thomas Scott. London, Wesley, 1906. url p. 50.
- The crustacea of Northumberland and Durham / Canon A.M. Norman and G. Stewardson Brady. S.l.: s.n., 19--? url p. 46.
- The cyclopaedia of anatomy and physiology. London, Sherwood, 1836-1847. url p. 763.
- The experimental method of testing the efficiency of warning and cryptic coloration in protecting animals from their enemies, [PhiladelphiaAcademy of Natural Sciences]1912. url , , .
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 112, p. 191, p. 215, p. 237, p. 335.
- The fruit grower's guide, by John Wright. .. With illustrations by Miss May Rivers and numerous illustrative diagrams by Worthington G. Smith and George Shayler.. .. London, Virtue and Co.[1891-1894?] url p. 262.
- The gape worm of fowls (Syngamus trachealis); the earthworm (Lumbricus terrestris), its intermediate host. Also, On the prevention of the disease in fowls called the gapes, which is caused by this parasite. By L.D. Walker. .. [Franklinville? N.Y.]c1897. url p. 9.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 331.
- The illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new designs by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey, etc. etc.; engraved by the brothers Dalziel. London: G. Routledge, [188-?] url p. 632.
- The ladies' companion to the flower-garden: being an alphabetical arrangement of all the ornamental plants usually grown in gardens and shrubberies, with full directions for their culture / by Mrs. Loudon. London: Bradbury & Evans, 1858. url p. 341.
- The life of Crustacea / by W.T. Calman. London: Methuen, 1911. url p. 201, p. 202.
- The life of Crustacea, by W. T. Calman, D. SC. With thirty-two plates and eighty-five figures. New York, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 201, p. 202.
- The life of crustacea. London, Methuen url p. 201, p. 202.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 389.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url , .
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 295.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 274.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 121, p. 278, p. 284, p. 285, p. 363, p. 448, p. 55.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 276.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 3242.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 326.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London; F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 276.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 276.
- The woodlands / by M.C. Cooke. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1880. url p. 263.
- The woodlands. LondonSociety for Promoting Christian Knowledge1880 url p. 263.
- The zoologist's text-book, embracing the characters of the classes, orders, and genera, of almost the whole animal kingdom. .. By Captain Thomas Brown. .. Glasgow, A. Fullarton, & co.; [etc., etc.]1832. url p. 499.
- Third American edition of the British encyclopedia, or Dictionary of arts and sciences: comprising an accurate and popular view of the present improved state of human knowledge / by William Nicholson. Philadelphia: Mitchell, Ames and White, 1818. url .
- Transactions - American Philosophical Society. Philadelphia: The Society, url p. 157, p. 165.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , .
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 193.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 122, p. 295, p. 356, p. 362.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 45.
- Tulane studies in zoology. 3 1956 New Orleans: Tulane University, 1953-1968. url p. 140, fig. 3, page 144, p. 147.
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 82, p. 84.
- Year book / Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, D.C.: Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1903- url p. 82.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url p. 51, p. 67, p. 70.
- Zoology of the invertebrata: a text-book for students. / by Arthur E. Shipley. London: Adam and Charles Black, 1893. url p. 299.
- Zoölogical science, or, Nature in living forms adapted to elucidate the chart of the animal kingdom / by A.M. Redfield, and designed for the higher seminaries, common schools, libraries, and the family circle New York: E.B. & E.C. Kellogg, 1858 url p. 646.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Biological Records Centre - Isopoda
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2708902
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-206379
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4706086
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 206379
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 414820