Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Alutiiq:
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in Danish:
Coholaks, Japan-laks, Japanlaks, Kirsebærlaks, Koho, Masu-laks, Masulaks, Sølvlaks
Common Names in Dutch:
Cohozalm, Japanse zalm, Masouzalm
Common Names in English:
Blueback, Cherry salmon, Coho, Coho salmon, coho salmon or silver salmon, Cohoe, Cohosalmon, Grilse, Hooknose, Hoopid salmon, Jack salmon, Japanese cherry salmon, Japanese salmon, Masu, Masu salmon, Masu(=Cherry) salmon, Medium red salmon, Salmon, Salmon trout, Satsukimasu salmon, Sea trout, Silver salmon, Silverside, Slivers, White salmon
Common Names in Finnish:
Hopealohi, Kirsikkalohi, Masulohi
Common Names in French:
Saumon Argent, Saumon argenté, saumon coho, Saumon du Danube, Saumon du Japon, Saumon japonais, Saumon masou
Common Names in German:
Chumlachs, Coho-Lachs, Japan-Lachs, Japanischer Lachs, Kisutch-Lachs, Lachs, Masu-Lachs, Pazifischer Lachs, Sako, Silberlachs, Wildlachs
Common Names in Greek:
Solomos Koho, Σολομός κόχο
Common Names in Greek, Modern:
Solomos Coho, Solomos Koho, Σολομός Κόχο
Common Names in Greek, Modern (1453):
Solomos coho, Solomos Koho, Σολομός Κόχο
Common Names in Haida:
Gaayda dahlgyang, T´aiya, T'aiya, Taay, Ts´iidu, Ts´iing K´iiga, Ts'iidu, Ts'iing k'iiga, Tyaayii
Common Names in Heiltsuk:
Common Names in Italian:
Salmone argentato, Salmone del Pacifico, Salmone giapponese
Common Names in Japanese:
Amago, Biwamasu, Gin-zake, Honmasu, Sakuramasu, Satsukimasu, Yamame, サクラマス（スギノコ）
Common Names in Korean:
Salmo, Shima-yeon-eo, 은연어
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
台湾马苏大麻哈鱼(樱花吻鲑), 台湾鳟, 台灣馬蘇大麻哈魚(櫻花吻鮭), 台灣鱒, 銀大麻哈魚(銀鮭), 银大麻哈鱼(银鲑), 馬蘇大麻哈魚(河川型), 马苏大麻哈鱼(河川型)
Common Names in Nepali:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Coho laks, Japansk laks, Masulaks
Common Names in Nuuchahnulth:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Salm, Salmão japonês, Salmão prateado, Salmão-japonês, Salmão-japonÍs, Salmão-prateado
Common Names in Russian:
Belaya, Belaya ryba, Kizhuch, Sima, кижуч
Common Names in Salish:
K´with´thet, K´wolexw, K'with'thet, K'wolexw, Schaanexw, Shamet skelex, Shmexwalsh, Sin, Sináech, Sk'wel'eng's schaanexw, Slhop' schaanexw, Spak'ws schaanexw, St'thkway', Thaw´en, Thaw'en
Common Names in Serbian:
Vrsta pacifickog lososa
Common Names in Spanish:
Coho, Salm, salmÃ³n plateado, Salmo, salmón, Salmon 'coho', Salmón coho, Salmón japonés, Salmón plateado
Common Names in Swedish:
Coho-lax, Japansk lax, Masulax, Silverlax
Common Names in Tsimshian:
Ksihoon, Üük, Waak, Wüüx
Species Oncorhynchus kisutch
and snout: Terminal
, large and slightly oblique
small to medium-sized teeth on the upper and lower jaws
. Body patterning, color, and scales
: SPOTS on back and
upper sides, but few and faint in some individuals, giving the appearance
of a solid color; juveniles
also with oval
). Background body color silvery, silver-blue, or light olive,
to cream on belly. Spots dark brown or black; round
, substantially smaller than the pupil of the eye. 112-148
cycloid lateral line scales
. Dorsal and tail fins
tan, olive, or
gray; usually with few spots. In dorsal spots limited to base
; in tail spots limited to top of upper lobe
and anal fins dark gray; not spotted. Adipose fin
not edged in red
or orange. Body shape and size: Body fusiform
; oval in cross
In Great Lakes
, typically 400-650 mm (16-26 in) TL
; maximum about
750 mm (30 in).
Fins : Tail, dorsal and other fins: Slightly forked to squared tail. Single dorsal fin with no spines and 10-15 principal rays. Pelvic fins abdominal with axillary process . Adipose fin present. Anal fin with 12-17 principal rays.
Distinguishing characteristics: The coho salmon can be most easily distinguished by its pattern of dark spots on a light background, as opposed to light spot and blotches on a dark background. See also similar species information.
Breeding adults : Males develop a hooked jaw. The body and fins of both sexes become darker (bronze, brown, or dark gray) with more pronounced spots prior to spawning and turn black after spawning. Males may have reddish or reddish-purple sides during spawning, with head and fins dark gray.
Juveniles: Have 8-12 oval vertical bars ( parr marks ) on sides. Spots relatively scarce and inconspicuous in young-of-year fish. First principal rays of anal fin substantially longer than subsequent rays, making fin distinctly falcate . Older juveniles have more adult-like spotting patterns but retain parr marks, which disappear as the fish smolt and leave the natal stream and move into the Great Lakes.
Occurs in the ocean or in lakes , returning to streams they utilized as the time of smoltation to spawn .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,731 meters (0 to 12,241 feet).
Biome: Marine .
Young in freshwater streams feed mainly on insects and stay almost entirely in pools and soon become strongly territorial . Upon reaching the sea , the smolts remain inshore for a time, feeding on planktonic crustaceans. As they grow larger, they move farther out and feed on larger organisms .
Young emerge in the spring and usually live in fresh water for 1-2 years (sometimes up to 4 years, Ref. 27547), after which they migrate at night to freshwater lakes or to the sea . Individuals that stay more than two years in fresh water and become sexually mature without ever going to sea are called residuals ; they never spawn .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Huxley, 1880
- Class: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Superclass: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Oncorhynchus kisutch • Oncorhynchus masou formosanum • Oncorhynchus masou masou • Oncorhynchus masou masou Brevoort • Oncorhynchus masou rhodurus • Oncorhynchus masou formosanum (Jordan & Oshima, 1919) • Oncorhynchus masou masou (Brevoort, 1856) • Oncorhynchus masou rhodurus Jordan & McGregor, 1925 • Oncorhynchus milktschutsch (Walbaum • Oncorhynchus rhodurus Jordan and McGregor in Jordan and Hubbs, 1925 • Polynoncus gibberosus SCHOLTZ, 1990 • Salmo formosanus • Salmo formosanus Jordan & Oshima, 1919 • Salmo kisatch • Salmo kisatch Walbaum • Salmo kisatch Walbaum, 1792 • Salmo kisutch Walbaum • Salmo masou • Salmo masou Brevoort, 1856 • Salmo milktschutsch Walbaum • Salmo tsuppitch Richardson
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 15-Apr-1994
Fish Name Spot Characteristics Tail Spots Principal Anal Rays Lateral Line Scales Inside of Mouth in Breeders Other Features Similarity Index Comments Atlantic Salmon Usually few, covering upper sides; black & sometimes red present; nearly as large as pupil of eye; round, irregular ovals, or “X” shaped Few or none, usually limited to base of tail 7-12, usually 9-11 109-121 White Branchiostegal rays usually 11-12, principal dorsal rays 11-12, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 40-74, gill rakers 15-20, vomerine teeth poorly developed, dorsal fin with few or no spots Very similar Not native; stocked in the past without estabishing a population. Occurs only in the Great Lakes as a rare stray from other states and Ontario. Brook Trout Moderate to numerous; covering sides; cream, light, olive, yellow, red, sometimes with bluish halo; much smaller than pupil of eye; round Few and lighter 7-13, usually 9 210-244 White on the teeth, tongue, and inside of mouth, but black on the gums Branchiostegal rays usually 9-13, principal dorsal rays 10-14; adipose fin not edged in red, but dark margin in young; pyloric caecae 23-55; gill rakers 9-12; vomerine teeth well developed; dorsal fin spotted Moderately similar Brown Trout Few to many, covering most of sides; both black and red present; nearly as large as pupil of eye; round or irregular ovals in shape Few or none, usually limited to base of tail 8-12, usually 9-11 120-130 White Branchiostegal rays usually 10, principal dorsal rays 9-11, adipose fin often edged in red, pyloric caecae 30-60, gill rakers 14-17, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin spotted Very similar Chinook Salmon Moderate to numerous, limited to upper half of sides; black only; much smaller than pupil of eye; round or irregular in shape Moderate to numerous and on both lobes 14-19 130-165 Black or dark gray Branchiostegal rays usually 13-19, principal dorsal rays 10-14, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 140-185, gill rakers 16-26, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin spotted Very similar Coho Salmon Usually few, and limited to back and upper sides; black only; much smaller than pupil of eye; round or irregular in shape Few, limited to top of upper lobe 12-17, 1st ray elongated; fin distinctly falcate in YOY 112-148 Black or gray; gums white Branchiostegal rays usually 11-15, principal dorsal rays 9-12, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 45-114, gill rakers 18-25, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin with few or no spots N/A Lake Trout Many; covering sides; cream to light olive; much smaller than pupil of eye; irregular shape, much smaller than pupil of eye Numerous and on both lobes 8-10 185-210 White Branchiostegal rays usually 10-14, principal dorsal rays 8-10, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 93-208, gill rakers 16-26, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin spotted Moderately similar Pink Salmon Numerous and on both lobes, forming lines of elongated oval spots along rays Numerous and on both lobes, forming lines of elongated oval spots along rays 13-19 147-205 Tongue and tip of jaw black or gray; gums white Branchiostegal rays usually 9-15, principal dorsal rays 10-15, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 95-224, gill rakers 24-35, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin with few or no spots Very similar Rainbow Trout Many, covering most of sides; black only; much smaller than pupil of eye; round or irregular in shape Numerous and on both lobes 8-12 100-150 White Branchiostegal rays usually 9-13, principal dorsal rays 10-12, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 27-80, gill rakers 16-22, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin heavily spotted Very similar Kokanee Salmon Almost none, limited to upper back; black only; much smaller than pupil of eye; round to slightly oval in shape None 11-16, usually 13-14 121-140 Dark gray with white mottling Branchiostegal rays usually 13-14, principal dorsal rays 11-13, adipose fin not edged in red, pyloric caecae 50-87, gill rakers 29-43, vomerine teeth well developed, dorsal fin with few or no spots Very similar
Members of the genus Oncorhynchus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 51 species and subspecies in this genus:
O. adonis (Grass Rockfish) · O. aguabonita (California Golden Trout) · O. apache (Arizona Trout) · O. chrysogaster (Coastal Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki (Coastal Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii (Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii bouvieri (Yellowstone Cutthroat Throat) · O. clarkii clarkii (Clark's Trout) · O. clarkii henshawi (Lahontan Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii lewisi (Salmon) · O. clarkii macdonaldi (Yellowfin Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii pleuriticus (Colorado River Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii seleniris (Paiute Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii stomias (Greenback Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarkii utah (Bonneville Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki clarki (Clark's Trout) · O. clarki henshawi (Lahontan Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki lewisi (Westslope Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki macdonaldi (Yellowfin Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki pleuriticus (Colorado River Cutthroat) · O. clarki seleniris (Paiute Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki utah (Bonneville Cutthroat Trout) · O. clarki virginalis (Rio Grande Cutthroat Trout) · O. gilae (Gila Or Apache Trout) · O. gilae apache (Apache Trout) · O. gilae gilae (Gila Trout) · O. gorbuscha (Humpbacked Salmon) · O. ishikawai (Satsukimasu Salmon) · O. iwame (Iwame Trout) · O. keta (Calico Salmon) · O. kisutch (Coho Salmon Or Silver Salmon) · O. masou (Japanese Cherry Salmon) · O. masou formosanum (Cherry Salmon) · O. masou formosanus (Cherry Salmon) · O. masou macrostomus (Salmon) · O. masou masou (Cherry Salmon) · O. masu (Baja California Rainbow Trout) · O. mykiss (Baja California Rainbow Trout) · O. mykiss gairdneri (Inland Redband Trout) · O. mykiss gairdnerii (Columbia River Redband Trout) · O. mykiss gilberti (Kern Golden Trout) · O. mykiss irideus (Coastal Rainbow Trout) · O. mykiss mykiss (Kamchatkan Rainbow Trout) · O. mykiss stonei (Baiser) · O. mykiss whitei (Little Kern Golden Trout) · O. nerka (Sockeye Salmon Or Kokanee) · O. nerka nerka (Sockeye Salmon Or Kokanee) · O. masou subsp. masou (Amago) · O. rhodurus (Amago) · O. tschawytscha (Chinook Salmon Or King Salmon) · O. tshawytscha (Chinook Salmon Or King Salmon)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 2nd Interagency Workshop on In-Situ Water-Quality Sensing: Biological Sensors, Pensacola Beach, Florida, April 28-30, 1980 / [Washington, D.C.?]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1981. url p. 25, p. 27.
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 44.
- A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Report presented at the eighty-ninth annual meeting, Clearwater, Fla., Sept. 16-18, 1959. Ann Arbor, Mich., 1960. url p. 11.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with 184 illustrations. Philadelphia, Blakiston's[c1923] url p. 43.
- A report upon salmon investigations in the Columbia river basin and elsewhere on the Pacific coast in 1896. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1898. url p. 78.
- Acclimatization of American fishes in Argentina. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 961, p. 963.
- Adult and juvenile fish populations near the D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant Southeastern Lake Michigan, during preoperational (1973-74) and operational (1975-79) years / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, the University of Michigan, 1985. url p. 8.
- Adult, Juvenile, and larval fish populations in the vicinity of the James H. Campbell Plant, 1981: with special reference to the effectiveness of wedge-wire intake screens in reducing entrainment and impringement of fish / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, University of Michigan, 1982. url p. 79.
- Adult, juvenile and larval fish populations in the vicinity of the J.H. Campbell Power Plant, eastern Lake Michigan, 1979 / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, The University of Michigan, 1980. url p. 52.
- American fishes; a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture, Boston, L. C. Page[c1903]. url , .
- American food and game fishes: A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys of ready identification, life histories and methods of capture New York: Doubleday, Page & co., 1902. url p. 154.
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url p. 154.
- An angler's paradise and how to obtain it. Scarborough, The Angler ltd., 1895. url .
- An annotated list of Puget Sound fishes, Olympia [Wash.]State printer, 1919. url .
- An examination of 1995 and 1996 creel survey data for the Madison River, Montana, and evidence of possible effects due to whirling disease prepared for Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks / prepared by Leanne Hennessey Roulson. [Bozeman: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, 2002]. url p. 5.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 352.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 18, p. 7, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 126.
- Artificial propagation of the salmons of the Pacific Coast. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1903. url p. 1.
- Bio-ecology, by Frederic E. Clements. .. and Victor E. Shelford. .. New York, J. Wiley & Sons, inc.;1939. url p. 316, p. 390.
- Biology of the seas of the U.S.S.R. Translated by S. Botcharskaya. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 817, p. 839.
- Biosorption, bioaccumulation and food chain transfer of organic chemicals: report prepared by F. A. P. C. Gobas and D. Mackay. Toronto: Ontario Ministry of the Environment, 1990. url p. 144, p. 32, p. 33.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 548.
- British salt-water fishes / by F. G. Aflalo; with a chapter on the artificial culture of sea fish by R. B. Marston; with coloured plates. London: Hutchinson & Co., 1904. url p. 303.
- British salt-water fishes, London, Hutchinson, 1904. url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 424.
- Bulletin / Field Museum of Natural History. [Chicago]: The Museum, 1966-1972. url p. 10.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 117, p. 1372, p. 150, p. 183, p. 249, p. 317, p. 331, p. 339, p. 601, p. 85, p. 961, p. 963.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 134, p. 165.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url , p. 100, p. 100, p. 101, p. 105, p. 106, p. 107, p. 111, p. 112, p. 117, p. 117, p. 118, p. 118, p. 120, p. 137, p. 14, p. 145, p. 152, p. 166, p. 167, p. 170, p. 171, p. 176, p. 188, p. 202, p. 203, p. 207, p. 21, p. 216, p. 220, p. 220, p. 221, p. 221, p. 227, p. 229, p. 23, p. 24, p. 24, p. 25, p. 252, p. 253, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 265, p. 27, p. 273, p. 28, p. 285, p. 3, p. 31, p. 316, p. 316, p. 323, p. 334, p. 34, p. 35, p. 358, p. 36, p. 38, p. 385, p. 41, p. 41, p. 42, p. 43, p. 44, p. 44, p. 444, p. 445, p. 46, p. 465, p. 49, p. 490, p. 5, p. 500, p. 518, p. 525, p. 53, p. 54, p. 54, p. 58, p. 60, p. 60, p. 60, p. 69, p. 76, p. 83, p. 88, p. 99.
- Carcinoma of the thyroid in the salmonoid fishes, WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1914 url p. 414.
- Characterization and comparison of plant and crustacean polyphenol oxidases: kinetics and inhibition by chemical methods / 1991. url .
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , .
- Chehalis River Basin oversight: hearing before the Subcommittees on Fisheries Management and Environment and Natural Resources of the Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, House of Representatives, One Hundred Third Congress, Washington: For sale by the U.S. G.P.O., Supt. of Docs., Congressional Sales Office, 1993. url p. 177.
- Commander Islands, by N.A. Grebnitzky. Tr. by Louise Woehlcke. St. Petersburg: Printed by W. Kirshbaum, 1902. url p. 44.
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url p. 109, p. 112, p. 114, p. 122, p. 126, p. 13, p. 17, p. 19, p. 2, p. 21, p. 34, p. 35, p. 48, p. 48, p. 58, p. 6, p. 72, p. 77, p. 91, p. 96.
- Common marine fishes of California. [Sacramento: California State Print. Off., ]1948. url p. 11, p. 19, p. 36.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 791.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url , , , , , , p. 1, p. 101, p. 145, p. 163, p. 178, p. 215, p. 217, p. 232, p. 236, p. 237, p. 238, p. 238, p. 243, p. 246, p. 247, p. 250, p. 253, p. 256, p. 257, p. 259, p. 263, p. 268, p. 269, p. 270, p. 282, p. 3, p. 322, p. 33, p. 339, p. 349, p. 364, p. 364, p. 37, p. 4, p. 4, p. 408, p. 56, p. 569, p. 642, p. 65, p. 652, p. 653, p. 660, p. 756, p. 9, p. 968.
- Current bibliography for fisheries science. Rome, Biology Branch, Fisheries Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. url p. 10.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 101, p. 131, p. 152, p. 167, p. 168, p. 169, p. 172, p. 173, p. 174, p. 176, p. 177, p. 180, p. 191, p. 215, p. 216, p. 222, p. 225, p. 228, p. 237, p. 239, p. 242, p. 253, p. 254, p. 257, p. 258, p. 263, p. 264, p. 265, p. 267, p. 269, p. 270, p. 271, p. 272, p. 281, p. 283, p. 285, p. 287, p. 288, p. 291, p. 292, p. 299, p. 300, p. 302, p. 303, p. 307, p. 308, p. 314, p. 316, p. 321, p. 322, p. 323, p. 324, p. 325, p. 327, p. 330, p. 332, p. 333, p. 334, p. 339, p. 396, p. 404, p. 416, p. 421, p. 450, p. 451, p. 453, p. 458, p. 460, p. 461, p. 462, p. 465, p. 467, p. 468, p. 469, p. 475, p. 491, p. 496, p. 498, p. 510, p. 514, p. 516, p. 518, p. 519, p. 526, p. 536, p. 538, p. 543, p. 544, p. 550, p. 551, p. 552, p. 569, p. 570, p. 571, p. 575, p. 576, p. 577, p. 580, p. 593, p. 595, p. 597, p. 598, p. 599, p. 600, p. 601, p. 604, p. 605, p. 611, p. 612, p. 613, p. 614, p. 615, p. 623, p. 626, p. 632, p. 634, p. 637, p. 640, p. 642, p. 646, p. 657, p. 659, p. 661, p. 662, p. 668, p. 669, p. 676, p. 677, p. 681, p. 682, p. 685, p. 687, p. 688, p. 697, p. 698, p. 699, p. 703, p. 704, p. 712, p. 713, p. 715, p. 716, p. 718, p. 719, p. 722, p. 723, p. 725, p. 727, p. 737, p. 738, p. 743, p. 750.
- Dioxin hazards to fish, wildlife, and invertebrates a synoptic review / by Ronald Eisler (Patuxent Wildlife Research Center). [Washington, D.C.?]: Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior,  url p. 11, p. 18.
- Ecological effects of an artificial island, Rincon Island, Punta Gorda, California / by G.F. Johnson and L.A. deWit; prepared for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Available from National Technical Information Service,  url p. 28.
- Endangered Species Act biennial report, status of recovery program / prepared by U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Office of Protected Resources. Silver Spring, MD: The Office, 1991- url p. 55.
- Energy and environmental stress in aquatic systems: selected papers from a symposium held at Augusta, Georgia, November 2-4, 1977 / sponsored by Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia, Assistant Secretary for Environment, U.S. Department of Energy, Savannah River National Environmental Resea [Washington]: Technical Information Center, U.S. Dept. of Energy; 1978. url p. 834.
- Engineering and ecological evaluation of artificial-island design, Rincon Island, Punta Gorda, California / by James M. Keith and Roger E. Skjei (Biota appendix by William L. Brisby). Fort Belvoir, Va.: U.S. Coastal Engineering Research Center, 1974. url p. 70.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 440.
- Familiar fish, their habits and capture; a practical book on fresh-water game fish, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1900. url .
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url p. 401.
- Fertilization in fishes and the problem of polyspermy = Oplodotvorenie u ryb i problema polispermii / by A.S. Ginzburg; edited by T.A. Detlaf. Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 1972. url p. 100, p. 138.
- Fish and fish egg distribution report of the National Fish Hatchery System. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, [1986- url p. 28, p. 60.
- Fish hatchery management / Robert G. Piper. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1986. url , p. 371.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 1008, p. 1009, p. 1011, p. 1015, p. 1016, p. 1018, p. 1018, p. 1021, p. 1047, p. 105, p. 1057, p. 118, p. 119, p. 12, p. 123, p. 123, p. 128, p. 129, p. 131, p. 1320, p. 143, p. 147, p. 154, p. 16, p. 166, p. 167, p. 173, p. 175, p. 193, p. 194, p. 195, p. 213, p. 221, p. 222, p. 225, p. 229, p. 24, p. 241, p. 242, p. 244, p. 25, p. 254, p. 255, p. 269, p. 28, p. 281, p. 284, p. 289, p. 293, p. 295, p. 303, p. 317, p. 33, p. 334, p. 34, p. 35, p. 354, p. 36, p. 363, p. 37, p. 370, p. 376, p. 39, p. 39, p. 40, p. 41, p. 412, p. 43, p. 448, p. 45, p. 45, p. 45, p. 450, p. 457, p. 459, p. 46, p. 462, p. 47, p. 471, p. 472, p. 473, p. 487, p. 49, p. 507, p. 51, p. 51, p. 520, p. 54, p. 550, p. 552, p. 555, p. 557, p. 566, p. 567, p. 569, p. 571, p. 573, p. 574, p. 575, p. 617, p. 619, p. 630, p. 636, p. 639, p. 639, p. 641, p. 641, p. 643, p. 643, p. 645, p. 647, p. 649, p. 650, p. 651, p. 652, p. 665, p. 679, p. 686, p. 69, p. 691, p. 709, p. 716, p. 717, p. 738, p. 745, p. 767, p. 769, p. 773, p. 774, p. 789, p. 795, p. 796, p. 802, p. 810, p. 810, p. 815, p. 819, p. 824, p. 83, p. 84, p. 841, p. 85, p. 86, p. 86, p. 87, p. 877, p. 88, p. 882, p. 884, p. 887, p. 89, p. 892, p. 893, p. 896, p. 897, p. 899, p. 904, p. 912, p. 914, p. 920, p. 921, p. 923, p. 93, p. 94, p. 947, p. 948, p. 950, p. 994, p. 996.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url , p. 133, p. 216, p. 223, p. 266, p. 307, p. 335, p. 397, p. 462, p. 539, p. 692.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 10, p. 11, p. 11, p. 16, p. 17, p. 175, p. 18, p. 19, p. 220, p. 232, p. 25, p. 4, p. 45, p. 46, p. 50, p. 70, p. 70.
- Fishery statistics of the United States / prepared by Data Management and Statistics Division. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service: url p. 221, p. 233, p. 240, p. 258, p. 263, p. 275, p. 282, p. 315, p. 318, p. 322, p. 351, p. 351, p. 433, p. 442, p. 464, p. 470, p. 505, p. 554, p. 731.
- Fishes of Maine. Augusta, Maine Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Game, 1950. url p. 14, p. 17.
- Fishes of the Gulf of Maine, by Henry B. Bigelow and William C. Schroeder. Washington, United States Government Printing Office, 1953. url p. 133.
- Game birds and game fishes of the Pacific Coast, by H. T. Payne. With ready reference diagrams of each family, giving the scientific and common names of each genus and species, their relationship, breeding grounds and general range. Los Angeles: News Publishing Co., [c1913] url p. 134.
- Gas bubble disease: proceedings of a workshop held at Richland, Washington, October 8-9, 1974: cosponsored by Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories, and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission / editors, D. H. Fickeisen and M. J. Schneider. Oak Ridge, Tenn.: Technical Information Center, Office of Public Affairs, Energy Research and Development Administration, 1976. url , p. 45, p. 46, p. 47, p. 85, p. 95, p. 99.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 115, p. 131, p. 149, p. 158, p. 175, p. 184, p. 192, p. 216, p. 24, p. 24, p. 25, p. 83.
- Impact of bleached kraft mill effluent (BKME) on fish populations near Terrace Bay, Ontario / prepared for Environment Ontario by M.E. McMaster. [Toronto]: Environment Ontario, . url p. 12, p. 18, p. 18, p. 18.
- Industrial fishery technology: a survey of methods for domestic harvesting, preservation, and processing of fish used for food and for industrial products New York: Reinhold, 1963. url p. 108.
- Ingalik contact ecology: an ethnohistory of the lower-middle Yukon, James W. VanStone, Curator, North American Archaeology and Ethnology, Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1979. url p. 13.
- Investigations in fish control. Washington: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. url , p. 1, p. 1, p. 2, p. 2, p. 3, p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 5, p. 5.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 23 2003 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 278.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url , p. 739, p. 756.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 544.
- Keys to the fishes of Washington, Oregon and closely adjoining regions, by Leonard P. Schultz. Seattle, Wash., University of Washington Press, 1936. url p. 135.
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 112.
- Management of artificial lakes and ponds. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 270.
- Modern fish culture in fresh and salt water, New York, Forest and stream publishing company, 1900. url p. 146.
- Montana wild life. Official publication Montana Fish & Game Dept. Helena, 1928-32 url p. 6.
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url p. 1, p. 2, p. 6.
- National overview and evolution of NOAA's Estuarine Living Marine Resources (ELMR) Program / David M. Nelson and Mark E. Monaco. Silver Spring. Md.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science, Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment, 2000. url p. 42.
- Nature and science on the Pacific coast: a guide-book for scientific travelers in the West / edited under the auspices of the Pacific coast committee of the American Association for the Advancement of Science; illustrated with nineteen text figures, twenty-nine half-tone plates and fourteen San Francisco: P. Elder, [c1915] url p. 120, p. 120.
- Non-native fishes inhabiting the streams and lakes of Illinois / Champaign, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey,  url , p. 2, p. 25, p. 31, p. 49.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 401, p. 401.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 129, p. 7.
- Ontogeny and systematics of fishes: based on an international symposium dedicated to the memory of Elbert Halvor Ahlstrom / sponsored by the National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Dept. of Commerce. [New York?]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, c1984. url p. 695.
- Our living oceans: the first annual report on the status of U.S. living marine resources. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, 1991. url p. 119.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 519.
- Oxygen depletion and associated benthic mortalities in New York Bight, 1976 / editors, R. Lawrence Swanson, Carl J. Sindermann. Rockville, Md.: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; 1979. url p. 309.
- Pacific salmon stock and Magnuson Act: hearing before the Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, House of Representatives, One Hundred Third Congress, first session, on the decline of the Pacific salmon in the Pacific Northwest, and t Washington: For sale by the U.S. G.P.O., Supt. of Docs., Congressional Sales Office, 1993. url p. 230.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url p. 480, p. 481.
- Pesticides monitoring journal. [Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1967-1981. url p. 156, p. 171, p. 233, p. 39, p. 69, p. 89.
- Polychlorinated biphenyl hazards to fish, wildlife, and invertebrates: a synoptic review / by Ronald Eisler (Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service). Laurel, MD: The Service, 1986. url p. 30, p. 65, p. 67.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: sources, fate and levels in air, water, soil, sediments, sludge and food in Ontario / prepared for Hazardous Contaminants Branch by Concord Scientific Corporation and Beak Consultants. [Toronto]: Environment Ontario, 1992. url p. 45.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , , p. 552, p. 627.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 101, p. 101, p. 104, p. 124, p. 135, p. 30, p. 31, p. lxi.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 574, p. 638, p. 717.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 14, p. 238, p. 259, p. 270, p. 272, p. 349, p. 383, p. 39, p. 391, p. 477, p. 574, p. 605, p. 939.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 599.
- Proceedings of the third USA-USSR symposium on the effects of pollutants upon aquatic ecosystems. Duluth, Minn.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1980. url p. 119, p. 119, p. 213, p. 228, p. 239, p. 62, p. 78, p. 83.
- Progress in sport fishery research. Washington, for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1958-1971. url p. 262, p. 283.
- Propagation and distribution of fishes from national fish hatcheries for the fiscal year. .. / prepared by the Division of Fish Hatcheries, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, url p. 61, p. 71, p. 81.
- Propagation and distribution of food fishes / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service [U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], url p. 48, p. 62.
- Provincial Museum of Natural History and Enthnology. Victoria, B.C., Printed by Richard Wolfenden, 1909. url p. 79.
- Publications: studies from the Dept. of Anatomy. New York url p. 739, p. 756, p. 784.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url , p. 23, p. 290, p. 290, p. 3, p. 401, p. 509, p. 7, p. 832.
- Report of the Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. and special papers Washington: G.P.O., 1906-1914. url p. 7.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url , p. 1061, p. 226, p. 274, p. 275, p. 326, p. 342, p. 345, p. 351, p. 367, p. 402, p. 411, p. 444, p. 452, p. 463, p. 532, p. 54, p. 545, p. 556, p. 630, p. 686, p. 7, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 112.
- Report on the salmon and salmon rivers of Alaska, with notes on the conditions, methods, and needs of the salmon fisheries / Washington: G.P.O., 1890. url , p. 5.
- Salmon and trout / by Dean Sage, C. H. Townsend, H. M. Smith and William C. Harris; illustrated by A. B. Frost, Tappan Adney, Martin Justice, and others. New York: Macmillan, 1904. url p. 411.
- Salmon and trout London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1902. url p. 411.
- Salmon gear limitation in northern Washington waters; an economic, biological and legal survey of the salmon resource of northern Puget Sound and Strait of Juan de Fuca [by] William F. Royce [and others] Seattle, University of Washington url p. 62.
- Science sketches, Chicago, A. C. McClurg and company, 1896. url .
- Sea-water systems for experimental aquariums, a collection of papers. Washington, U. S. Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife;1964 url p. 141.
- Sensory biology of sharks, skates, and rays / editors Edward S. Hodgson, Robert F. Mathewson. Arlington, Va.: Office of Naval Research, Dept. of the Navy: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1978. url p. 264.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 22 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 14, p. 259, p. 270, p. 272.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 331, p. 360.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url , , , , , , , , , , p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 1, p. 10, p. 11, p. 11, p. 13, p. 14, p. 15, p. 15, p. 161, p. 19, p. 2, p. 2, p. 2, p. 222, p. 224, p. 225, p. 24, p. 241, p. 253, p. 29, p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 42, p. 43, p. 5, p. 5, p. 53, p. 6, p. 6, p. 66, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8.
- Survey of the fishing grounds on the coasts of Washington and Oregon in 1915. .. Wash., 1916. url p. 18.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 113, p. 23, p. 83, p. 84, p. 97.
- The 25 largest un-fragmented wilderness Areas in the Arctic WWF url p. 79.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 127, p. 204, p. 205, p. 264.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 50 1936 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url [ekbaum] , pritchard , p. 10, p. 104, p. 121, p. 125, p. 127, p. 132, p. 133, p. 136, p. 155, p. 161, p. 187, p. 197, p. 205, p. 223, p. 234, p. 286, p. 286, p. 359, p. 398, p. 407, p. 429, p. 435, p. 55, p. 594, p. 8.
- The Cherry collection of Deg Hit'an (Ingalik) material culture / James W. VanStone. Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1996. url .
- The Great Basin naturalist. 54 1994 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 140, p. 28, p. 399, fig. 2, page 532.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 42.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 1189, p. 1368.
- The Russian fur-seal islands. By Leonhard Stejneger. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1896. url p. 145.
- The United States Bureau of Fisheries, its establishment, functions, organization, resources, operations, and achievements. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1910. url p. 1372.
- The United States Bureau of fisheries, its establishment, functions, organization, resources, operations, and achievements. Washington, Govt. print. off, 1908. url p. 11.
- The aquarium. Brooklyn, N.Y.: H. Mulertt, 189 -1897. url p. 51.
- The biology of cilia and flagella. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1962. url p. 212.
- The changing Illinois environment: critical trends: technical report of the Critical Trends Assessment Project. Springfield, Ill.: Ill. Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, 1994. url p. 164.
- The complete angler and huntsman, by Thomas Hubert Hutton and Stanley Blake. Berry, Ky., 1919. url p. 44.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url p. 477.
- The fishes of New England. The salmon family. .. by William Converse Kendall. .. Boston: Boston Society of Natural History.1914- url p. 10.
- The fishes of Puget sound, by David Starr Jordan and Edwin Chapin Starks. Palo Alto, Cal., Leland Stanford Junior University, 1895. url p. 791.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url .
- The international bibliography of electron microscopy. New York[1959-1962] url p. 218.
- The naturalist of the Saint Croix. Memoir of George A. Boardman. A selection from his correspondence and published writings, notices of friends and contemporaries, with his list of the birds of Maine and New Brunswick. By Samuel Lane Boardman... Bangor, Priv. print., 1903. url p. 318, p. 318, p. 318.
- The salmon fisheries of the Pacific coast. [By John N. Cobb]. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 6.
- The salmon of the Yukon River. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922. url p. 317.
- Timber management: a programmatic environmental analysis record for BLM-administered lands in western Oregon / Office, 1974 url p. 54.
- Transactions of the Pacific fisheries society at its. .. annual meeting. Seattle, Wash, The Society, 1915-16. url p. 71.
- Treaties and other international agreements on fisheries, oceanographic resources, and wildlife to which the United States is party / prepared at the request of Hon. Warren G. Magnuson for the use of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, by the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 1974. url p. 238.
- Trematodes of the Pacific Northwest, an annotated catalog [by] Ivan Pratt [and] James E. McCauley. Corvallis, Oregon State University Press url p. 111, p. 24, p. 33, p. 69.
- Watershed management and fish hatchery practices in the Pacific Northwest: hearing before the the Subcommittee on Environment and Natural Resources of the Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, House of Representatives, One Hundred Third Congress, first session. .. Marc Washington: For sale by the U.S. G.P.O., Supt. of Docs., Congressional Sales Office, 1993. url p. 206, p. 284, p. 285, p. 287, p. 288.
- World directory of hydrobiological and fisheries institutions. Washington, D.C.: American Institute of Biological Sciences, 1963. url p. 222, p. 254.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 02, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 12 providers.
- Lyons, John. WiscFish.org University of Wisconsin, Center for Limnology, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant. Provided photos, physical description, and table comparing similar species.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Species At Risk Act Public Registry, Government of Canada
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 02, 2008:
- Alaska Ocean Observing System: Arctic Ocean Diversity
- Burke Museum: University of Washington Fish Collection
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- GBIF-Sweden: Fishes (NRM)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: North Pacific Groundfish Observer (North Pacific Research Board)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Pacific Ocean Shelf Tracking (OBIS Canada)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History: Vertebrate specimens
- Museum national d'histoire naturelle: Ichtyologie
- Royal Ontario Museum: Fish specimens
- University of Alaska Museum of the North: University of Alaska Museum of the North Fish Collection
- University of Alberta: University of Alberta Ichthology Collection
- University of Kansas Biodiversity Research Center: Fish Collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 133624
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-22917
- Fishbase Species ID: 245
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13727280
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 161977
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFCHA02031
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Species Identifier: E08A
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 15771
- Morrow, J.E. (1980). The freshwater fishes of Alaska. University of. B.C. Animal Resources Ecology Library. 248p. [back]
- Mean = 252.560 meters (828.609 feet), Standard Deviation = 524.760 based on 5,192 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- Scott, W.B. and E.J. Crossman (1973). Freshwater fishes of Canada. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can. 184:1-966. [back]