Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Arctia owl, ermine owl, great white owl, harfang, snowl owl, Snowy Owl, wapachthu, white owl
Common Names in French:
harfang des neiges
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Civetta delle nevi
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Belaya Sova, Сова белая полярная
Common Names in Spanish:
Common Names in Swedish:
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
menclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Superorder: Falconimorphae () - Seebohm, 1890
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: menclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan. () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Nyctea scandiaca (Linnaeus, 1758) • Nyctea scandiaca Linnaeus • Nyctea scandiaca Linnaeus 1758
Members of the genus Nyctea
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url , p. 116, p. 262.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , .
- A catalogue of the birds of Kansas. By N. S. Goss. Published under the direction of the Executive council. Topeka: Kansas Publishing house, 1883. url p. 20.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 475.
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 82.
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 12.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 178, p. 287.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 178, p. 178, p. 677.
- A geographical history of mammals. By R. Lydekker. .. Cambridge, The University press, 1896. url .
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 11, p. 25, p. 98.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 85.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 104.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 328, p. 496.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 142, p. 327.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 41, p. 41.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 187, p. 187, p. 525, p. 525.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url .
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 177.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url , , p. 187, p. 187, p. 525.
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url p. 60, p. 61, p. 64, p. 7, p. 70, p. 8.
- A history of North American birds land birds / by S. F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1874. url p. 70.
- A history of North American birds, by S.F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Land birds, illustrated by 64 chromo-lithographic plates and 593 woodcuts. Boston, Little, Brown, 1875. url p. 60, p. 61, p. 70.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , , p. 285, p. 287, p. 393.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 87.
- A list of British birds belonging to the Humber district: having a special reference to their migrations / by John Cordeaux. London [England]: R. H. Porter, 1899. url p. 17.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 131.
- A list of British birds. The genera arranged according to Sundevall's method. The nomenclature revised by Henry Thornton Wharton. London, J. Van Voorst, 1877. url p. 11.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 35.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 23.
- A list of the birds of Hudson highlands: with annotations / by Edgar A. Mearns. [s.l.: s.n.], 1878-1881. url p. 111, p. 87.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url , .
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url .
- A naturalist's rambles about home. New York, Appleton, 1889. url p. 468.
- A pocket-book of British birds, by E.F.M. Elms. London: West, Newman & co. [etc.], 1906. url p. 66.
- A revised list of Cincinnati birds. Cincinnati, Barclay, 1879. url .
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A vertebrate fauna of the Orkney Islands / by Thomas E. Buckley and J.A. Harvie-Brown. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1891. url p. 138, p. 310.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 10, p. 126, p. 126, p. 242, p. 257, p. 28, p. 33, p. 35, p. 36, p. 37, p. 37, p. 40, p. 41, p. 42, p. 44, p. 47, p. 47, p. 71, p. 90.
- An Arctic ecosystem: the coastal tundra at Barrow, Alaska / edited by Jerry Brown. .. [et al.]. Stroudsburg, Pa.: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross: c1980. url p. 339, p. 444, p. 540.
- An Ecological survey in the eastern Chukchi Sea: September-October 1970 / Merton C. Ingham. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast Guard Oceanographic Unit, 1972. url p. 123.
- An account of the birds, by Robert Collett and Fridtjof Nansen. London, Longmans, Green, and Co.; etc., etc., 1899. url .
- An early pleistocene avifauna from Inglis, Florida / by Gail Elaine Speaker Carr. 1981. url , p. 102, p. 103.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 103.
- An illustrated manual of British birds, with 384 illustrations and 3 colored maps. London, Gurney, 1899. url p. 767.
- Annotated CITES appendices and reservations 1988 IUCN url p. 62.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 144.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 40.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 108.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 523.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 61.
- Aves / 1891 London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1891. url p. 13.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 163.
- Bird life in arctic Norway: a popular brochure / by Robert Collett; translated by Alfred Heneage Cocks. London: H.R. Porter, 1894. url p. 2, p. 2, p. 39, p. v.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 412.
- Birds at the zoo, sixty photographs. London, Gowans & Gray, 1907. url p. 20.
- Birds in Kansas / Max C. Thompson & Charles Ely. 1 Lawrence, Kan.: University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History: c1989- url p. 334, p. 401, p. xiv.
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 196.
- Birds of Chautauqua county: an address delivered before the Chautauqua Society of History and Natural Science at its semi-annual meeting held in Jamestown, January 29, 1885 / by John M. Edson. Jamestown [N.Y.]: Geo. H. Tiffany, 1886. url p. 12.
- Birds of Massachusetts [by] J.A. Allen. [n.p.]1864-1886. url p. 128.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url , , , , , , p. 156, p. 311, p. 322, p. 333, p. 334, p. 342, p. 346.
- Birds of the Northwest: a hand-book of the ornithology of the region drained by the Missouri River and its tributaries / by Elliott Coues. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 309, p. 310.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 243, p. 243.
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 290.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Blood immunity and blood relationship; a demonstration of certain blood-relationships amongst animals by means of the precipitin test for blood, Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 334.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 9 1967 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 33.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 358.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 358.
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url , p. 199.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 140, p. 257, p. 264, p. 315, p. 32, p. 329.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 26.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 117, p. 128, p. 148, p. 205, p. 216, p. 221, p. 242, p. 247, p. 250, p. 253, p. 264, p. 37, p. 375, p. 401, p. 771, p. 772, p. 81, p. 829, p. 83, p. 85.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 910.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 227, p. 245.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , p. 86.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 121, p. 21, p. 91.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 101 1948 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 147, p. 307, p. 474, p. 596.
- Bulletin of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, [1876-1883] url p. 86.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 749, p. 752.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 121, p. 21, p. 91.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 131, p. 213, p. 311, p. 314.
- Canada's missing dimension: science and history in the Canadian Arctic Islands / Ottawa: Canadian Museum of Nature, 1990. url p. 366, p. 521, p. 527, p. 849.
- Cassell's natural history / by F. Martin Duncan. London; Cassell and Co., 1913. url p. 307, p. 424.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1896. url p. 404.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. including all species and subspecies known to occur in North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, the West Indies, and islands of the Caribbean Sea, the Galapagos Archipelago, and other is by Charles E. Hellmayr and Boardman Conover. 13 1918 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1918. url p. 24.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 146, p. 187, p. 675, p. 734, p. 95.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 146, p. 187, p. 675, p. 734.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 125, p. 126.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 325.
- Catalogue of the Edward E. Ayer Ornithological Library. .. 16 1926 Chicago, 1926. url p. 359.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British museum (Natural history). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 325.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museums of the University of North Dakota / prepared by Henry Montgomery. Grand Forks: [Plaindealer Book and Job Rooms]1888. url p. 43.
- Catalogue of the fossil birds in the British Museum (Natural History) / by Richard Lydekker. London, 1891. url , .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 279.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 297.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 125.
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 128, p. 162, p. 189, p. 221.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 142, p. 178, p. 217, p. 99.
- Checklist of birds listed in the CITES appendices and in EC Regulation 338/97 JNCC url p. 157.
- Checklists for the CORINE Biotopes Programme and its application in the PHARE countries of Central and East Europe: including comparisons with relevant conventions and agreements on the conservation of European species and habitats EC url p. 101.
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url , p. 105, p.
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url p. 25.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 81.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 216.
- Contributions to the ornithology of Siberia / by Henry Seebohm. S.l.: s.n., 1880? url p. 15.
- Cruise of the revenue steamer Corwin in Alaska and the N. W. Arctic ocean in 1881. .. Notes and memoranda. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1883. url p. 76, p. 76.
- Cruise of the revenue-steamer Corwin in Alaska and the N.W. Arctic Ocean in 1881: notes and memoranda: medical and anthropological, botanical, ornithological. Washington: G.P.O., 1883. url p. 76.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 600, p. 772.
- Ecological investigations of the tundra biome in the Prudhoe Bay region, Alaska / edited by Jerry Brown. [Fairbanks: University of Alaska], 1975. url p. 126, p. 133.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 172.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url p. 206.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 163.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 53, p. 90.
- Fluctuations in abundance of the Lake Erie cisco (Leucichthys artedi) population / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1951. url .
- Geographical distribution of animals: with a study of the relations of living and extinct faunas as elucidating the past changes of the earth's surface. London, Macmillan, 1876. url p. 194.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1976 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 110, p. 222.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 85, p. 85.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 50.
- Heligoland as an ornithological observatory; the result of fifty years' experience, Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1895. url p. 197, p. 595.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url , , p. 122, p. 144, p. 194, p. 208, p. 208, p. 247, p. 252, p. 256, p. 260, p. 261, p. 276, p. 297, p. 324, p. 328, p. 351, p. 389, p. 403, p. 430, p. 471, p. 492, p. 500, p. 506, p. 507, p. 52, p. 522, p. 528, p. 535, p. 544, p. 579, p. 594, p. 599, p. 604, p. 605, p. 608, p. 623, p. 639, p. 649, p. 686, p. 76, p. 84, p. 9, p. 91, p. 912, p. 98.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev: a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe to which is added a record of the natural history of the island / by Aubyn Trevor-Battye; with numerous illustrations by J.T. Nettleship, Charles Whymper and the author. Westminster: A. Constable, 1895. url p. 421.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev; a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe, to which is added a record of the natural history of the island, Westminster, A. Constable and Company, 1895. url .
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 75.
- Indigenous and Traditional Peoples and Protected Areas: principles, guidelines and case studies IUCN url p. 62.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 52, p. 97.
- International code of zoological nomenclature = Code international de nomenclature zoologique / London: International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature, c/o Natural History Museum, 1999. url p. 158, p. 30.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 122, p. 123, p. 124, p. 138, p. 139, p. 141.
- Joy of nature: how to observe and appreciate the great outdoors / [editor, Alma E. Guinness]. Pleasantville, N.Y.: Reader's Digest Association, c1977. url p. 338.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url p. 881.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 582.
- Life and sport on the north shore of the lower St. Lawrence and Gulf, containing chapters on salmon fishing, trapping, the folk-lore of the Montagnais Indians and tales of adventure on the fringe of the Labrador peninsula. By Napoleon A. Comeau. Quebec, Daily Telegraph Printing House, 1909. url p. 422.
- Limnology of tundra ponds, Barrow, Alaska / edited by John E. Hobbie. Stroudsburg, Pa.: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross; c1980. url p. 40, p. 495.
- List of the birds of India. 78 p.24 cm. url p. 68.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 379, p. 379.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 59.
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 330, p. 457.
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 26, p. 26.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Manual of the vertebrates of the northern United States, including the district east of the Mississippi River, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, exclusive of marine species. By David Starr Jordan. .. Chicago, Jansen, McClurg & Company, 1884. url p. 109.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 250, p. 264.
- Memoirs of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1886- url p. 326.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1984 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 239, p. 272.
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 117.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 29, p. 3, p. 31.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 122.
- Narrative of a voyage to the Polar Sea during 1875-6 in H.M. ships ' Alert' and 'Discovery' by Sir G.S. Nares; with notes on the natural history edited by H.W. Feilden. London: S. Low, Marston, Searle & Rivington, 1878. url .
- Nature in Acadie / London: John Bale, 1895. url .
- Nature in Acadie / by H.K. Swann. London: J. Bale & Sons, 1895. url p. 72.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 172, p. 521, p. 85.
- New England bird life: being a manual of New England ornithology; rev. and ed. from the manuscript of Winfrid A. Stearns. .. by Dr. Elliott Coues. .. Boston, C.T. Dillingham, 1881-83. url p. 408, p. 408, p. 408, p. 94, p. 94, p. 94, p. 95, p. 95, p. 95.
- New England bird life; being a manual of New England ornithology: rev.and ed. from the manuscript of Winfrid A. Stearns / Boston, C. T. Dillingham, 1883-, c1881. url , , .
- Nomenclature of North American birds chiefly contained in the United States National Museum. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1881. url .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 180, p. 180, p. 206, p. 396, p. 396, p. 86.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 274, p. 461.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 752.
- Ornithological miscellany / 1 1876 London: Trübner and Co., Bernard Quaritch, R.H. Porter, 1876-1878. url p. 312, p. 36.
- Ornithologist and oo?logist Pawtucket, R.I. url , p. 118, p. 20, p. 96.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , , .
- Our migrant birds and how to know them / by E.F.M. Elms. London: Thornton Butterworth, 1922. url p. 55, p. 55, p. 55.
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by Susan Lenard. .. [et al.]. Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2003. url p. 64.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 67.
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 215.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 65, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 434, p. 441, p. 442, p. 69.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]: Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 938, p. 939, p. 940.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , , .
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 23.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 106, p. 126, p. 545, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 161, p. 192, p. 214, p. 511, p. 519, p. 569, p. 678, p. 688.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url , , , p. 1006, p. 1007, p. 1010, p. 1010, p. 336, p. 344, p. 459, p. 459, p. 493, p. 654, p. 756, p. 803, p. 803, p. 819, p. 819.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 122.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 276.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1910-1943. url p. 24.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 87.
- Random notes on natural history. Providence, R. I.: Southwick & Jencks, [1884-1886] url .
- Reliquiae aquitanicae: being contributions to the archaeology and palaeontology of Pèrigord and the adjoining provinces of Southern France / ed. by Thomas Rupert Jones, 1865-75. London: Williams, 1875. url p. 232.
- Remarks on the Ornithology of Northern Norway / by Robert Collett. Christiania: [s.n.], 1872. url p. 37.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the International Polar Expedition to Point Barrow, Alaska, in response to the resolution of the House of Representatives of December 11, 1884. Washington: G.P.O., 1885. url p. 107.
- Report of the United States Entomological Commission. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1878-90. url p. 348, p. 43.
- Report of the cruise of the revenue marine steamer Corwin in the Arctic Ocean in the year 1885. By Capt. M.A. Healy. .. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1887. url p. 77.
- Report on the proceedings of the United States expedition to Lady Franklin Bay, Grinnell Land Washington: G.P.O., 1888. url , .
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 169.
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 318.
- Siberia in Europe: a visit to the valley of the Petchora, in north-east Russia; with descriptions of the natural history, migration of birds, etc. / by Henry Seebohm. London: J. Murray, 1880. url p. 91.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 138 1960 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 155, p. 192, p. 81.
- Smithsonian year. 1965 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 181.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 225, p. 225.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 108.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 593, p. 88, p. 9.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 375.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 116, p. 140, p. 345, p. 83.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 20, p. 20, p. 32, p. 46.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 79.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 113, p. 115, p. 118, p. 143, p. 143, p. 145, p. 156, p. 182, p. 184, p. 196, p. 198, p. 198, p. 210, p. 210, p. 216, p. 227, p. 264, p. 264, p. 268, p. 270, p. 287, p. 45, p. 45, p. 50, p. 71, p. 71, p. 82, p. 83, p. 83, p. 85.
- The Audubon magazine / published in the interests of the Audubon Society for the protection of birds. [New York, N.Y.: Forest and Stream Publishing Co.], 1887-1889. url p. 249.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 246, p. 284, p. 37, p. 413.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 204.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by S. F. Harmer and A. E. Shipley. London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 412.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url , .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 400, p. 400, p. 412.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 74 1960 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url keith , , , savile , p. 106, p. 106, p. 108, p. 111, p. 112, p. 113, p. 121, p. 133, p. 136, p. 14, p. 141, p. 144, p. 151, p. 153, p. 16, p. 162, p. 168, p. 17, p. 171, p. 176, p. 177, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 182, p. 183, p. 187, p. 190, p. 191, p. 193, p. 193, p. 194, p. 196, p. 196, p. 198, p. 209, p. 214, p. 218, p. 219, p. 22, p. 220, p. 228, p. 229, p. 230, p. 233, p. 233, p. 255, p. 260, p. 264, p. 277, p. 28, p. 287, p. 289, p. 308, p. 310, p. 340, p. 345, p. 345, p. 352, p. 365, p. 374, p. 374, p. 387, p. 4, p. 41, p. 411, p. 42, p. 420, p. 433, p. 433, p. 435, p. 445, p. 466, p. 468, p. 470, p. 472, p. 482, p. 486, p. 498, p. 500, p. 503, p. 503, p. 523, p. 532, p. 55, p. 560, p. 57, p. 57, p. 58, p. 60, p. 61, p. 635, p. 66, p. 668, p. 67, p. 68, p. 733, p. 754, p. 779, p. 783, p. 785, p. 786, p. 787, p. 79, p. 790, p. 92, p. 95.
- The Coues check list of North American birds [Elliott Coues]. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url .
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 110.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 132, p. 152, p. 18.
- The Great Basin naturalist. Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 517, p. 519, p. 521, p. 721, p. 732.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 122, p. 25, p. 50.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 225.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 118, p. 283, p. 328, p. 331.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3129, p. 3483.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 184, p. 359.
- The Norwegian North Polar Expedition, 1893-1896; scientific results, ChristianiaJ. Bybwad1900-06 url .
- The Norwegian North polar expedition, 1893-1896; scientific results, Christiania, J. Dybwad, 1900-06. url , .
- The Oo?logist for the student of birds, their nests and eggs. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886- url p. 5.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 431.
- The Riverside natural history. Boston and New York, Houghton, Mifflin and company[c1888] url p. 335.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 384.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url .
- The Sunny South oölogist. Gainesville, Tex.: E.C. Davis, 1886. url p. 32.
- The Victoria history of the county of Stafford / edited by William Page. London: Constable1908- url p. 149.
- The birds of Devon / 1892 London: R.H. Porter, 1892. url p. 452.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , .
- The birds of Ohio; a revised catalogue, [Columbus?]Academy of Science, 1903. url .
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 796.
- The birds of the Chicago area / [Chicago, Jennings and Graham], 1907. url .
- The birds of the Chicago area, by Frank Morley Woodruff. .. [Chicago, Printed by Jennings and Graham]1907. url p. 106.
- The effect of altered streamflow on migratory birds of the Yellowstone River Basin, Montana / by Tom Hinz. Helena: Water Resources Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources & Conservation, 1977. url p. 102.
- The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. By Eugene W. Oates. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1889-98. url p. 290.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 289, p. 33, p. 335.
- The food of birds in India, by C.W. Mason, edited by H. Maxwell-Lefroy. Calcutta, Imperial Dept. of Agric. in India, 1911. url p. 193.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific Ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1898-99. url p. 419.
- The geographical distribution of animals: with a study of the relations of living and extinct faunas as elucidating the past changes of the earth's surface / by Alfred Russel Wallace; in two volumes; with maps and illustrations. New York: Harper and Brothers, Publishers, 1876. url p. 194.
- The great North-West and the Great Lake region of North America. London: Longmans, Green, 1904. url p. 124, p. 353.
- The great North-west and the great lake region of North America, by Paul Fountain... London, New York [etc.]: Longmans, Green, and co., 1904. url p. 124, p. 353.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 458.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 4, p. 664.
- The natural history of the USSR / Algirdas Knystautas; foreword by Vladimir Flint; [translation, John S. Scott]. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1987. url p. 42, p. 84.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 162.
- The oologists' hand-book: 1885 catalogue of American birds' eggs, and oological supplies, with prices at which they may be obtained of / Frank H. Lattin. Rochester (N.Y.): John P. Smith, Printer, 1885. url p. 36.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 162.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 162.
- The sportsman's British bird book / by R. Lydekker. London: Rowland Ward, 1908. url p. 414.
- The standard natural history. Ed. by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston, S.E. Cassino and company, 1884-85. url p. 335.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 555.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 456.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url p. 241.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 20.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 188.
- Travels of a naturalist in northern Europe, Norway, 1871, Archangel, 1872, Petchora, 1875, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url p. 114, p. 130, p. 207.
- Treaties and other international agreements on fisheries, oceanographic resources, and wildlife to which the United States is party / prepared at the request of Hon. Warren G. Magnuson for the use of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, by the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 1974. url p. 823.
- Tundra biome research in Alaska: the structure and function of cold-dominated ecosystems / Jerry Brown and George C. West. [College, Alaska]: U.S. Tundra Biome-Analysis Ecosystem, International Biological Program, 1970. url p. 93.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 10 1958 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 198, p. 203, p. 330, p. 620, p. 664.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 7.
- Waste-land wanderings / by Charles C. Abbott. New York; Harper & brothers, 1887. url p. 309.
- Waste-land wanderings, by Charles C. Abbott. New York, Harper & Brothers, 1887. url p. 309.
- Waste-land wanderings. New York, Harper, 1887. url .
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / 2 London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 13, p. 329.
- World Checklist of Threatened Birds Nature Conservancy Council url p. 134.
- Zoogeography. A symposium presented on August 26-27, 1957 [under the prime auspices of the Pacific Section of the Society of Systematic Zoology] at the Stanford University joint meeting of the American Institute of Washington, 1958. url p. 426, p. 500.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 294, p. 356.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url , p. 105, p. 12, p. 121, p. 416.
- [Ornithological papers] 1876-84. url p. 208, p. 324.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 1, 2012.