- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Nucula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
N. aegeensis (Aegean Nutclam) · N. atacellana (Cancellate Nutclam) · N. calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. calcicola calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. carlottensis (Charlotte Nutclam) · N. castrensis (Spotted Leporinus) · N. crenulata (Crenulate Nutclam) · N. cyrenoides (One-Striped African Characin) · N. delphinodonta (Dolphintooth Nutclam) · N. exigua (Iridescent Nutclam) · N. groenlandica (Greenland Nutclam) · N. lyalli (Utah Chub) · N. nucleus (Nuclear Nut Clam) · N. paulula (Pirambeba) · N. portlandica (Northern Hog Sucker) · N. proxima proxima (Atlantic Nutclam)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the shells of Great Britain and Ireland with their synonyms and authorities. Weymouth, R. Damon, 1857. url p. 4.
- A history of British Mollusca and their shells / by Edward Forbes and Sylvanus Hanley. London: John Van Voorst, 1853. url , , p. 298, p. 298.
- A history of the British marine testaceous mollusca, distributed in their natural order on the basis of the organization of the animals, with references and notes on every British species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1855. url p. 69, p. 71.
- A manual of marine zoology for the British Isles / by Philip Henry Gosse London: J. Van Voorst, 1855-1856 url p. 69.
- A monograph of the Crag Mollusca: with descriptions of shells from the upper Tertiaries of the British Isles / by Searles V. Wood. London: Printed for the Palæontographical society, 1848-82. url p. 87.
- A monograph of the Crag mollusca; or, Descriptions of shells from the middle and upper Tertiaries of the east of England / by Searles V. Wood. London, Palaeontographical Society, 1848-1874. url p. 87.
- A synopsis of the characters of the Carboniferous limestone fossils of Ireland. Dublin: Printed at the University Press by M.H. Gill, 1844. url p. 73.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 54.
- British conchology, or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: John Van Voorst, 1862-1869. url p. 145, p. 146, p. 147.
- British conchology: or, an account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 145, p. 146, p. 147.
- British conchology; or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas, by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London, J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 145, p. 146, p. 147.
- Catalogue of marine shells in Lorenzo G. Yates' collection, Santa Barbara, Cal. Santa Barbara, Cal., 1886. url p. 78.
- Catalogue of the mollusca, in the collection of the Government Central Museum, Madras. Madras, Printed at the Asylum Press, by William Thomas, 1867. url p. 73.
- Check list of the Mollusca of New York / Elizabeth J. Letson. Albany: New York State Education Dept., 1905. url p. 94.
- Check lists of the shells of North America Prepared for the Smithsonian institution, by Isaac Lea, P. P. Carpenter, Wm. Stimpson, W. G. Binney, and Temple Prime Washington, Smithsonian institution1860 url p. 6.
- Conchologia iconica, or, Illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals / by Lovell Augustus Reeve. London: Reeve, Brothers, 1843-1878. url p. 9.
- Geology of Clydesdale and Arran: embracing also the marine zoology and the flora of Arran, with complete list of species, notes on the rarer insects of Arran, and notices of its scenery and antiquities / by James Bryce. London: R. Griffin, 1859. url p. 193.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 168.
- Journal of conchology. London: D. Bogue. url p. 157, p. 257, p. 346, p. 71.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Mollusca testacea marium britannicorum: a history of the British marine testaceous Mollusca distributed in their natural order, on the basis of the organization of the animals: with references and notes on every British species / by William Clark London: J. Van Voorst, 1855 url p. 69.
- Monograph of the Palaeontographical Society. London: Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, [1847?- url , .
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 179, p. 179.
- New York State Museum bulletin. 1905 Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 94.
- Report upon the invertebrate animals of Vineyard Sound and adjacent waters: with an account of the physical features of the region / by A.E. Verrill and S.T. Smith. Washington: G.P.O., 1874. url p. 397.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 2 1862 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 6.
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url , .
- Thesaurus conchyliorum, or, Monographs of genera of shells / edited by G.B. Sowerby, Jun., F.L.S. London: Sowerby. .., 1847-1887. url p. 149.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url p. 179.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.